Zone1 Jon Stewart questions the transgender protections in Arkansas

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
This is pretty devastating stuff and most people will be on his side.
But the lady has a point of sorts but doesnt make it very well.
It comes across as big government interfering and I generally support that. But you need to have a basis in fact to do that.
It didnt look like she had anything. But I do understand what she was trying to do.

Why do you think its ever appropriate to give normal, healthy CHILDREN powerful hormone blockers during their critical growth years?

Just like we don't allow cultists to perform genital mutilation on children, or allow parents to have their kids made into eunuchs or castrati, this is a load of shit as well.

SImple child abuse, whether "experts" and birth givers think otherwise or not.

I beg to differ. The whole tranny craze must be kept from kids until they turn 18.
I think that is her standpoint and I have some sympathy with that.
But Stewart lists those who have worked on this and have given it more thought than us. .
If kids are killing themselves then perhaps time is not our friend.
But its a tough one.

But Stewart lists those who have worked on this and have given it more thought than us. .
But its a tough one.

Jon Stewart is a professional comedian.

I don't think its any more appropriate to let him decide policy than it would be to allow Rodney or Don Rickles to do so

It comes across as big government interfering and I generally support that.
She expressed it as what it is. Mental illness. There are two genders--male or female. You are either XX or XY. Simple. XX is capable of giving birth making them female. XY is incapable. Anyone who thinks any differently has mental problems or is hopelessly lost.

Stewart is not a very bright man.
Castrating little boys is the latest crazy left wing trend.
People should keep their children away from left wingers.
If a child is suffering from gender dysphoria, they should be getting mental health treatment.

It comes across as big government interfering and I generally support that. But you need to have a basis in fact to do that.
It didnt look like she had anything. But I do understand what she was trying to do.

Devestating for the groomers, sure. But to normal people it is a good thing.

Pedophiles need to be kept away from children. If that isn't possible they should be killed.

Why do you think its ever appropriate to give normal, healthy CHILDREN powerful hormone blockers during their critical growth years?
I totally agree with you.
Children of pre-teen years certainly don't need to make a critical decision (which they are NOT capable of doing).

My goodness, play with dolls, dress and color your hair as you wish, but live your life.

Problem is..... Conservatives have a hard time letting children dress and color their hair. WHY? Just leave these kids alone.

Stewart is not a very bright man.
Sorry, He is very intelligent.
You despise him, but he is very intelligent.

Children belong to their parents. No one else has no business here.

Children of pre-teen years certainly don't need to make a critical decision (which they are NOT capable of doing).
And no one is advocating that the should.

However, their parents certainly can make that decision; it’s a matter for families of transgender children alone to decide, absent interference from the state.

But the big government authoritarian right seeks to interfere in personal, private decisions – such as whether to have a child or not or how to raise one’s children.

But its a tough one.

No, it's not a 'tough one', it's just insane sociopaths who can't keep their filthy fetishes to themselves. Studies are showing it's these kids sicko parents responsible for 85% of these 'transgender' hoaxes. The other 15% is just credulous consumption of media vermin putting out sick propaganda.

I sure do miss the days of my youth.

The fads back then were things like the hula hoop, and the yo yo instead of mutilating children's genitals.

Mindless 60's hedonism of the middle classes, aping the upper classes and their sociopathic 'values'. It now pervades the entire culture.

No, it's not a 'tough one', it's just insane sociopaths who can't keep their filthy fetishes to themselves. Studies are showing it's these kids sicko parents responsible for 85% of these 'transgender' hoaxes. The other 15% is just credulous consumption of media vermin putting out sick propaganda.
It is never as simple as you are stating.
On the one hand you have a youngster who wants to change sex. Most parents would want to disuade them from that.
But by doing so the child becomes depressed and possibly suicidal.
We would all prefer a kid who changes sex to a dead child.
Arkansas is taking that option away from families.
Its well intentioned but brutal.

She expressed it as what it is. Mental illness. There are two genders--male or female. You are either XX or XY. Simple. XX is capable of giving birth making them female. XY is incapable. Anyone who thinks any differently has mental problems or is hopelessly lost.
You seem to be very keen for the state to interfere in this.
That is not your position on other issues where the parents rights are deemed to be inalienable.
Arkansas is taking away those rights, and over riding medical and psychiatric advice. That is a bad place to be.

That is not your position on other issues where the parents rights are deemed to be inalienable.
I don't think parental child abuse is acceptable. Please link to where I insinuated any such thing. I don't believe parents should be able to ignore or promote a child's mental illness. That is how we got to this position that we have 87 genders.

Forum List

Back