Jon Stewart: Am I A Stupid Man?

My bad. I thought they got their weekend news wrap-up from SNL.

Obamacare Cold Open | Video | Saturday Night Live | NBC

I'd call what SNL does more a lampoon.

But thanks for that link. SNL and Stewart are two of the things I let go when I ditched television, and about the only two things it was good for. Well, that and sports. But the fact that I get get it on the innerwebs made the boob tube superfluous.

But thanks for that link. SNL and Stewart are two of the things I let go when I ditched television, and about the only two things it was good for. Well, that and sports. But the fact that I get get it on the innerwebs made the boob tube superfluous.

Glad to be of service.

:rofl:

Enjoy your news. ;)

Jon Stewart is media, not "the Admin". And in this case he's questioning that Admin anyway. What the fuck is your prob?

You didn't even read the transcript, didja?

:dig:

Doesn't freakin matter WHERE the lies were told does it? If they were told on SPORTSCENTER --- they are still lies.. If they were told on OPRAH -- would it matter?

It's NOT JON STUART that is the subject of this story.. It's Kathleen Sebelius walking into an interview she THOUGHT was gonna be fun and frivolity and having to lie her ass off when REAL QUESTIONS came at her...

We got more FUNDAMENTAL info out of that 5 minute interview than any 20 minute Lie-fest on the Sunday morning talk shows..

.... and we got it out of Media, without which it would not exist.

:dunno:

Seems to me the thrust of the OP (read it) is Jon Stewart and how he works with the media he has to work with. The Sibelius interview is the example he gives. You could give other examples of what Stewart does, unrelated to Sibelius, and you'd be on topic.

Show me a single fucking post in the 'Politics' Forum that didn't originate in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

Unless you can find one about the local Dog Catcher in Mayberry, they ALL are found in, discussed in, originate from, are put forth by and begin and end in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

If it's an entertainment only show, why does Jon constantly have on Obama Administration Reps?

He doesn't. I've seen Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, John Ashcroft, Don Rumsfeld, John McCain, Dana Perino, Tim Pawlenty, Tony Snow, Ari Fleischer and Bill Kristol on there among many others.

This one was particularly hilarious, starring Bill O'Reilly (the video isn't embeddable here but worth a click)

By the way-- who said "only"?

Glad to be of service.

Enjoy your news. ;)

It's comedy. You kinda have to follow the news to get it. Then when you've had enough you get comic relief. It's how humor works.

Doesn't freakin matter WHERE the lies were told does it? If they were told on SPORTSCENTER --- they are still lies.. If they were told on OPRAH -- would it matter?

It's NOT JON STUART that is the subject of this story.. It's Kathleen Sebelius walking into an interview she THOUGHT was gonna be fun and frivolity and having to lie her ass off when REAL QUESTIONS came at her...

We got more FUNDAMENTAL info out of that 5 minute interview than any 20 minute Lie-fest on the Sunday morning talk shows..

.... and we got it out of Media, without which it would not exist.

Seems to me the thrust of the OP (read it) is Jon Stewart and how he works with the media he has to work with. The Sibelius interview is the example he gives. You could give other examples of what Stewart does, unrelated to Sibelius, and you'd be on topic.

Show me a single fucking post in the 'Politics' Forum that didn't originate in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

Unless you can find one about the local Dog Catcher in Mayberry, they ALL are found in, discussed in, originate from, are put forth by and begin and end in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM.

Uh really? You're actually asking that?

How 'bout this one...

This one?

This?

Here?

There?

Everywhere?

I'm just ticking up the list. Shall I go on?

To be fair, I can't determine if those are "fucking" posts. You tell me. :popcorn:

Glad to be of service.

Enjoy your news. ;)

It's comedy. You kinda have to follow the news to get it. Then when you've had enough you get comic relief. It's how humor works.

Now see. I gave you an hour and you contradict yourself.. Is it COMEDY or MEDIA? If it's COMEDY --- then this thread could have gone to the humor forum if it wasn't about the DIRECT COMMENTS and deflections of a high ranking admin official.. ((But it is))

In that case --- should have remained as political discussion of the devious methods of the current admin to defend their actions...

If OPINION is more important to you than FACTS --- why don't we ask EdgeTho whether he was interested more in Jon Stuart or what the HHS Secretary SAID about the ACA when he started this thread???

Glad to be of service.

Enjoy your news. ;)

Now see. I gave you an hour and you contradict yourself.. Is it COMEDY or MEDIA?

If it's COMEDY --- then this thread could have gone to the humor forum if it wasn't about the DIRECT COMMENTS and deflections of a high ranking admin official.. ((But it is))

Uh-- comedy and media are not mutually exclusive. I mean... duh.
Stop seeing the world in black and white and you won't imagine "contradictions".

It's a comedy show (which immediately makes it both comedy and media); it's politics; since it happened recently it's Current Events; it could be in Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare; and considering your own angle it could be in Conspiracy Theories. You want it in all of those as well?

In that case --- should have remained as political discussion of the devious methods of the current admin to defend their actions...

If OPINION is more important to you than FACTS --- why don't we ask EdgeTho whether he was interested more in Jon Stuart or what the HHS Secretary SAID about the ACA when he started this thread???

Why don't we just read it? It's on the record...

First, initial, premiere, opening line:

"This is important because, believe it or not, a HUGE percentage of libturds [sic] actually get their News from Comedy Central."

Not: "Watch O'bama official dodge ACA question"

Title: "Jon Stewart: Am I a Stupid Man?"

Not "Kathleen Sebelius: Am I a Stupid Man".

The more DEVASTING part of this confrontation was when Sebelius OUTRIGHT LIED about the effect
of ACA on EMPLOYMENT

Jon Stewart grills HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius about lack of individual Obamacare delay

Sebelius was the featured guest on Monday night’s episode of The Daily Show, and the host grilled her — for more than 5 minutes — about the apparent favoritism the Obama administration has showed to corporations with lobbyists.

And when the interview came to accusations that Obamacare is a job killer, as evidenced by retailers selling stores or cutting employees’ hours due to the requirements of the healthcare law, Sebelius brushed off the inconvenient facts.

“At least the economists — not anecdotal folks — economists say there is absolutely no evidence that part-time work is going up,” she said, ignoring the fact that 97 percent of jobs created in the first six months of this year were part-time. “In fact, it’s going down.”
The amount of lying is NON-STOP and monumental.. Don't remember another time in my life when I felt like I was living in the old Soviet Union and listening to Pravda..

BTW: The vid connection to this Daily Show interview appears to be down.. Maybe Jon Stuart is about to be disciplined by his masters???
Actually YOU are that "OUTRIGHT LIAR!"

You readily believe the lies of the Right that part time jobs for economic reasons are rising. The Right know all of you Misinformation Voters will swallow their disinformation without ever bothering to check the easily accessible data.

Part time jobs for economic reasons before Obamacare became law were 9,076,000.The number as of Sept 2013 is 7,911,000 over 1 million LESS.

Sebelius was telling the provable truth and the GOP hate media are provably lying!
:eusa_liar:

No -- you're wrong.. I don't give a SHIT about Stuart, just like I don't give a Shit about Hannity... But when NEWS OCCURS on their shows because some politico decides to take a dump --- that's politics.. Don't care WHO the interviewer was.

This thread WOULDN"T EXIST if K. Sebelius hadn't lied her ass off.. THAT'S the story and it's 100% political..

No, it isn't. Again, read the OP. Whether Sebelius "lied" is your subjective opinion. So their topic was political. So what?

Got news for you, pun intended... an interview isn't "news". It's a talking head discussing some topic. Unless that talking head is making some announcement not previously known, like "I'm running for President", that ain't news. That's talking about the news. That's exactly why Hannity isn't news either. Same thing.

If you wanted the thread filed under the next most PLAUSIBLE forum -- it would have to go into Comedy and Humor wouldn't it? Because no one considers Stuart or Hannity as credible media...

Humor is both part of media, and a tool used for political commentary. In Stewart's case he uses satire to pick apart flaws in arguments that are very often political ones. Satire is a comedic tool, and simultaneously a commentative one. Whether the topic is politics or something else.

In any case, the topic's still here so once again, what the fuck is your prob?

It's not MY OPINION that she lied about the part time employment "going down". That's a fact Jack.. The thread is about what Sebelius SAID --- NOT where she said it..

The fact you don't recognize OUTRIGHT LIES is the reason you can logically see the political IMPORTANCE of the comments.. See no evil, hear no evil..

You're in denial... AND possibly very uninformed about the Part time rate employment statistics.. THAT'S what needs attention here.. People are getting SCREWED and the Dems don't care...
You are half right, it is not YOUR opinion, it is your MessiahRushie's, but you are dead wrong that his opinion is a "fact." The fact is that part tine workers for economic reasons went DOWN over 1 million since the ACA became law. That is the FACT!

Apparently what three-states-guy is saying is, if Sebelius had said one thing it should be in Politics, whereas if she had said another thing it can be in Media. Ultimately which category it goes in depends on whether he agrees or disagrees with the opinion.

The more DEVASTING part of this confrontation was when Sebelius OUTRIGHT LIED about the effect
of ACA on EMPLOYMENT

Jon Stewart grills HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius about lack of individual Obamacare delay

Sebelius was the featured guest on Monday night’s episode of The Daily Show, and the host grilled her — for more than 5 minutes — about the apparent favoritism the Obama administration has showed to corporations with lobbyists.

And when the interview came to accusations that Obamacare is a job killer, as evidenced by retailers selling stores or cutting employees’ hours due to the requirements of the healthcare law, Sebelius brushed off the inconvenient facts.

“At least the economists — not anecdotal folks — economists say there is absolutely no evidence that part-time work is going up,” she said, ignoring the fact that 97 percent of jobs created in the first six months of this year were part-time. “In fact, it’s going down.”
The amount of lying is NON-STOP and monumental.. Don't remember another time in my life when I felt like I was living in the old Soviet Union and listening to Pravda..

BTW: The vid connection to this Daily Show interview appears to be down.. Maybe Jon Stuart is about to be disciplined by his masters???

You readily believe the lies of the Right that part time jobs for economic reasons are rising. The Right know all of you Misinformation Voters will swallow their disinformation without ever bothering to check the easily accessible data.

Part time jobs for economic reasons before Obamacare became law were 9,076,000.The number as of Sept 2013 is 7,911,000 over 1 million LESS.

Sebelius was telling the provable truth and the GOP hate media are provably lying!

According to Politifact, which is just to the left of Lenin.... You're an idiot.

But we don't need Politifact to tell us that...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...collins-says-year-overwhelming-majority-new-/

of ACA on EMPLOYMENT

Nope.. Tossing out the WRONG statistic when you know that's not the answer is STILL LYING to me.

ALL JOBS have been declining.. Including part-time.. EVEN WITH 10K oldsters retiring a day. So that's NOT the right statistic..

Take your pick..

1) The percentage of part-time jobs created (out of all creations) prior to Obama delaying the employer mandate.

2) The number of folks looking for FULL-TIME that are currently part-time..

This effect is NOT a rumor.. And the Dems are losing cred when they deny it's happening.
Scary part is that you and your Dear Leader are getting so good as deflection and spinning and outright lying -- you just might think you can get away with it.. Until at least Jan 1st when the shit hits the fan with ACA deadlines.. Or the employer mandate comes up again on its own..

Last edited:
Apparently what three-states-guy is saying is, if Sebelius had said one thing it should be in Politics, whereas if she had said another thing it can be in Media. Ultimately which category it goes in depends on whether he agrees or disagrees with the opinion.

Nope.. EVERYTHING a high ranking Admin says in public is fair game.. REGARDLESS of who was in the room when they said it..

Logically, if they say it in PRIVATE --- THEN it DOES depend on who was in the room..

Nope.. EVERYTHING a high ranking Admin says in public is fair game.. REGARDLESS of who was in the room when they said it..

Logically, if they say it in PRIVATE --- THEN it DOES depend on who was in the room..

"Fair game" isn't the point. Your bitch was message board category.

And I ask again, since you didn't answer it the first time -- the thread's still here, so what the fuck is your issue?

of ACA on EMPLOYMENT

According to Politifact, which is just to the left of Lenin.... You're an idiot.

But we don't need Politifact to tell us that...

PolitiFact | Susan Collins says this year, 'overwhelming majority' of new jobs are part time
If the Right says Politifact is Left, you can be sure it is Right.

But even the Right-wing Politifact admits this in your own link:

A large majority of these jobs are being taken by people who want to work part time. BLS breaks part-time jobs into two categories -- people working part-time for economic reasons (meaning they want a full-time job, but have to settle for a part-time job), and people working part-time for noneconomic reasons (because they prefer a part-time schedule to a full-time schedule).
In other words, about 70 percent of people working part time right now are doing so because they want to work part time, not because the economy is forcing them to.

"Fair game" isn't the point. Your bitch was message board category.

And I ask again, since you didn't answer it the first time -- the thread's still here, so what the fuck is your issue?

Should have remained in Politics so that we address WHAT SHE SAID, not where she said it.. Get it yet? It's political commentary, not a pissing match about Stuart..

of ACA on EMPLOYMENT

Nope.. Tossing out the WRONG statistic when you know that's not the answer is STILL LYING to me.

ALL JOBS have been declining.. Including part-time.. EVEN WITH 10K oldsters retiring a day. So that's NOT the right statistic..

Take your pick..

1) The percentage of part-time jobs created (out of all creations) prior to Obama delaying the employer mandate.

2) The number of folks looking for FULL-TIME that are currently part-time..

This effect is NOT a rumor.. And the Dems are losing cred when they deny it's happening.
Scary part is that you and your Dear Leader are getting so good as deflection and spinning and outright lying -- you just might think you can get away with it.. Until at least Jan 1st when the shit hits the fan with ACA deadlines.. Or the employer mandate comes up again on its own..
Notice how whenever the Right are shown to be wrong they try to change the parameters. The original claim was Obamacare is killing jobs and now the claim is the delay in the employer mandate is killing jobs.

Since Obama became law, full time employment increased from 111,195,000 to 116,208,000, over 6 million, and part time employment increased from 27,527,000 to 27,999,000. So Obamacare has not adversely effected either full or part time work.

Forum List

Back