Johnson’s ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after Partygate grilling

Well the French have nukes and the German's have the ability to produce just about anything you would want at the blink of an eye. They sell them abroad and give them to Israel. The US has about half the population of Europe but it is a country that has as its main way of making wealth the making and using of weapons. Sadly a lot of people are aware of that. Trust me you do not want Europe to be like that. Europe just needs to be a bit like Iran. Strong enough and bright enough that no one would choose to attack them. As I said the US does not have the need of Europe like it once did. The UK is staying by the US. I find your position a bit too wanting wars. We cannot afford to keep fighting wars if we want there to be any planet for our grandchildren and that is reality. We need to learn to work together. We need to grow up.
You contradict yourself. Iran? Okay. But Iran is fighting in Syria and Yemen and meddling in Lebanon.

What you want is just sail along a flow keeping far from sharp rocks. Maybe for you, a West European, that is a desirable position. But for Eastern Europe it is a way to nowhere. We can't just sit and wait when you decide to trade a half of Europe to Russia for cheap resources.

You contradict yourself. Iran? Okay. But Iran is fighting in Syria and Yemen and meddling in Lebanon.
I was talking about people fighting against Iran. People do not fight Iran because they know they can't beat her. That is not because Iran has ta better military and equipment than other countries. It is just her using well what she does have.

What you want is just sail along a flow keeping far from sharp rocks. Maybe for you, a West European, that is a desirable position. But for Eastern Europe it is a way to nowhere.

A way wanting war is the strongest way to nowhere. East Europe can think how it can be best defended but if it is dead keen on war then I am sure it will get it.

We can't just sit and wait when you decide to trade a half of Europe to Russia for cheap resources.
Well like I have said several times it is not my issue. I hope W Europe does not get pulled into perpetual war. I can think of little worse for them. Why do you have to think of war all the time and other people to look after you. You appear to be trying to create a situation where Russia really does go to war with Western Europe to help you. In such a case you are the person who has created war on Western Europe.

The US has about half the population of Europe but it is a country that has as its main way of making wealth the making and using of weapons.
Oh Jesus. All of manufacturing in the US makes up about 11% of the economy. About $2.4 Tn in 2021.

Arms exports were about $175 Bn. That's about 7% of US manufacturing, and a tad over 0.7% of US GDP.

The Pentagon ask for FY2023 is $773 Bn. Of that, $276 Bn is for procurement and R&D. The remainder is operations and personnel.

If we add all arms exports and all procurement dollars together, we are at $450 Bn in "weapons manufacturing".

About 1.8% of GDP. That does not quantify as a "main way" of making wealth by any measure.

I was talking about people fighting against Iran. People do not fight Iran because they know they can't beat her. That is not because Iran has ta better military and equipment than other countries. It is just her using well what she does have.

A way wanting war is the strongest way to nowhere. East Europe can think how it can be best defended but if it is dead keen on war then I am sure it will get it.

Well like I have said several times it is not my issue. I hope W Europe does not get pulled into perpetual war. I can think of little worse for them. Why do you have to think of war all the time and other people to look after you. You appear to be trying to create a situation where Russia really does go to war with Western Europe to help you. In such a case you are the person who has created war on Western Europe.
You have an excellent stance, really. So, Ukraine trying to defend itself is to blame for trying to bring a war to Western Europe. Really, why these miserable Ukrainians didn't surrender right away so as not to cause any trouble to decent Europeans? Mindless savages.

You have an excellent stance, really. So, Ukraine trying to defend itself is to blame for trying to bring a war to Western Europe. Really, why these miserable Ukrainians didn't surrender right away so as not to cause any trouble to decent Europeans? Mindless savages.
Let's be clear on something Europe had no need to come in to save you. If you entered a war which you believed it would be impossible for you to ever win but who you believed you make other people fight it for you then this is the first I have heard of in my life.

Sure. 'Saving Putin's face' is your best strategy in that, obviously.
I don't believe it is as one sided as you like to say. Many days I hear there are loads of Russians being killed, loads of Russians not just Ukrainians. I would prefer neither. On another thread someone was questioning why Russia did not just say 'OK I give up' and an American said 'because Putin knows that regardless of how long it takes, if they give up, we know we have them beat and we will take them when it is right for us'. Not those words but that is the gist of things. I just do not understand if you are wanting peace why you are complaining about Europe not having a good enough army - apparently to use it for you. Why not think about how you could get peace. Zelensky told the Azov to stop fighting and they said they would not. Who rules your country? They threatened his life and that of his family. Who runs Ukraine? Europe may have come to help you now but it really shook me to discover you were wanting Europe to become a fighting force when one of the things which has been best for Europe for the 75 years has been that she has not been warlike. You want to be free of Russia so that you can be who you want but you want to stop Europe being who she is so that you get what you want from her.

I don't believe it is as one sided as you like to say. Many days I hear there are loads of Russians being killed, loads of Russians not just Ukrainians. I would prefer neither. On another thread someone was questioning why Russia did not just say 'OK I give up' and an American said 'because Putin knows that regardless of how long it takes, if they give up, we know we have them beat and we will take them when it is right for us'. Not those words but that is the gist of things. I just do not understand if you are wanting peace why you are complaining about Europe not having a good enough army - apparently to use it for you. Why not think about how you could get peace. Zelensky told the Azov to stop fighting and they said they would not. Who rules your country? They threatened his life and that of his family. Who runs Ukraine? Europe may have come to help you now but it really shook me to discover you were wanting Europe to become a fighting force when one of the things which has been best for Europe for the 75 years has been that she has not been warlike. You want to be free of Russia so that you can be who you want but you want to stop Europe being who she is so that you get what you want from her.
What? What the heck? Where did I say anything that I want the Europeans or anyone else to fight in Ukraine? Do you have reading comprehension issues or trying to twist my words?

I don't believe in European army, no matter there is a war in Ukraine or is not. For decades you relied on the US for protection from a mighty enemy and now you brag about it as if it is your achievement.

Now, when you don't feel any threat you are talking about some European military bloc and army. But in reality there is changed nothing, you worth nothing without the US army. And if a real threat arises, you will rush for protection over the pond.

Sorry, maybe I was harsh here, but I hope I made my point clear.

What? What the heck? Where did I say anything that I want the Europeans or anyone else to fight in Ukraine? Do you have reading comprehension issues or trying to twist my words?

I don't believe in European army, no matter there is a war in Ukraine or is not. For decades you relied on the US for protection from a mighty enemy and now you brag about it as if it is your achievement.

Now, when you don't feel any threat you are talking about some European military bloc and army. But in reality there is changed nothing, you worth nothing without the US army. And if a real threat arises, you will rush for protection over the pond.

Sorry, maybe I was harsh here, but I hope I made my point clear.
Well what the hell have you been talking about then. Why do you believe Western Europe has given up its since '45 attitude towards war. Why do you believe it is always going to be in danger. Why do you believe there is no hope of peace ever. Look back on your posts. There is more than one way of saying things and I have had enough of this.

Well what the hell have you been talking about then. Why do you believe Western Europe has given up its since '45 attitude towards war. Why do you believe it is always going to be in danger. Why do you believe there is no hope of peace ever. Look back on your posts. There is more than one way of saying things and I have had enough of this.
Our conversation reminds me a dialogue of a mute with a blind. Let's stop it and go along our own ways.

Our conversation reminds me a dialogue of a mute with a blind. Let's stop it and go along our own ways.
We have come to an agreement at last! We both see different problems and are working for a different world. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back