Johnson’s ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after Partygate grilling

You were talking about your fear that the UK would have become further integrated within the EU had it stayed in. This was one of the fears expressed by the Brexeters but it was a false fear as Cameron had already dealt with it.

The EU will inevitably have to become a federation to continue to exist, particularly in the face of growing identitarian movements

The EU will inevitably have to become a federation to continue to exist, particularly in the face of growing identitarian movements
Even if it does, the UK would not have joined in that part. We already have different countries with different relationships. The UK never was part of Schengen. Then you have countries in things like EFTA so Europe has been open to allowing countries to fit in where they wanted and keep away where they wanted. That was never a genuine reason for leaving.

Even if it does, the UK would not have joined in that part. We already have different countries with different relationships. The UK never was part of Schengen. Then you have countries in things like EFTA so Europe has been open to allowing countries to fit in where they wanted and keep away where they wanted. That was never a genuine reason for leaving.

To anyone who supported Brexit, their reason is genuine whether you agree with it or not. I am not sure how you made the leap from Europe's growing identitarian movement to pesky travel rules, but the EU dodged a bullet with Le Pen's loss in France.

To anyone who supported Brexit, their reason is genuine whether you agree with it or not. I am not sure how you made the leap from Europe's growing identitarian movement to pesky travel rules, but the EU dodged a bullet with Le Pen's loss in France.
The break up o the EU is a putin fantasy.All of the right wing whacko parties,Le Pen,Farage and wilders have been financed by Putin. The tories survive on russian money which they are taking even now.

Not sure why you are so against the EU. The only part of britain with a growing economy is Northern Ireland, which is still in the EU.

To anyone who supported Brexit, their reason is genuine whether you agree with it or not.

No sorry your fear that the UK would have become further integrated within the EU had it stayed in was not a genuine fear because it would not have happened. You may have been afraid of it but that was because you were given wrong information. Who did that to you.
I am not sure how you made the leap from Europe's growing identitarian movement to pesky travel rules,

we were not talking about the minions in Europe having Tommy Robinson and others get the identarian movement going. They may be your friend. Terrorists frequently get the reason for their actions from them.
but the EU dodged a bullet with Le Pen's loss in France.
Oh please don't tell me you are so behind on your beloved far right that you did not even know Le Penn had given up on leaving the EU.

National Rally leader Marine Le Pen no longer wants to leave the EU and is now working towards closer ties with the European far-right.

Marine Le Pen has asserted that neither she nor her party want France's withdrawal from the eurozone.

The break up o the EU is a putin fantasy.All of the right wing whacko parties,Le Pen,Farage and wilders have been financed by Putin. The tories survive on russian money which they are taking even now.

Not sure why you are so against the EU. The only part of britain with a growing economy is Northern Ireland, which is still in the EU.

Well according to the latest reports, Wales in the only place in the UK without economic growth.

I am against the EU because I am against your peaceful surrender to Germany. A lot of Americans died to save your arses from them once. It is only sporting that I support those who aren't idiotic enough to sell your freedom for some duty-free wine.

Well according to the latest reports, Wales in the only place in the UK without economic growth.

I am against the EU because I am against your peaceful surrender to Germany. A lot of Americans died to save your arses from them once. It is only sporting that I support those who aren't idiotic enough to sell your freedom for some duty-free wine.
Maybe it is time to bring the US into the European Union. I am not saying about the US being a member state of the EU in its current form. The West should form the single economic bloc, along with existing military one.

Well your hostility is based on a misconception. You need to move on from the war. Germany is our friend and ally. EU countries are at peace with each other and there has not been a war in western \europe since it was formed. that is a first in history.

Well your hostility is based on a misconception. You need to move on from the war. Germany is our friend and ally. EU countries are at peace with each other and there has not been a war in western \europe since it was formed. that is a first in history.

LOL friend.

Maybe it is time to bring the US into the European Union. I am not saying about the US being a member state of the EU in its current form. The West should form the single economic bloc, along with existing military one.

Seriously? The US has the only sizeable non-Russian military of any significance and a bigger economy so being farmed by Germany is not ever going to be in the cards.

I have to say that being born shortly after the war German's were one people I was strongly biased against. My brother had me fighting them with him from whenever I could walk until I was about 7. I met one in my twenties who I really liked He was my generation who were very critical of the Nazis but I still kept a deep prejudice of them as he described them as even worse.. It wasn't till I came online and told a German about it and he chatted with me that I saw it for what it was and let go.

Last edited:
I can't see Europe wanting that. For whatever reason, and it probably is for it's East European Members the EU is going along with this but they often are not emotionally or intellectually in agreement with the US's wars. Europe has, possibly until now, had a good and strong anti war position since WW2 though it is thinking now of setting up its own military. People are talking about the EU and US going different ways - that is Europe no longer being useful to the US.

Seriously? The US has the only sizeable non-Russian military of any significance and a bigger economy so being farmed by Germany is not ever going to be in the cards.
Not being farmed by Germany, but having a leading role. Those idiots, the Germans and French, all but lose a half of Europe to Russia. God forbid they consider themselves grown up enough to try to play a global role.

I can't see Europe wanting that. For whatever reason, and it probably is for it's East European Members the EU is going along with this but they often are not emotionally or intellectually in agreement with the US's wars. Europe has, possibly until now, had a good and strong anti war position since WW2 though it is thinking now of setting up its own military. People are talking about the EU and US going different ways - that is Europe no longer being useful to the US.
How are you going to build a military alliance with a 'good and strong anti war position'? What this alliance will be able to do?

When we were kids in school we used to play "briish and gemans" and they were always the baddies. But times change and people grow up.
Ive met many \germans through work and on holiday. Ive been to Germany a few times and they are great people.

nb My Taid fought in the 2nd and he had a lot of respect for the Germans but didnt like the french who he thought were "dirty, lazy buggers."

How are you going to build a military alliance with a 'good and strong anti war position'? What this alliance will be able to do?
Well we, the UK are of course not in the EU and Boris loves feeling he is the tough guy as well as the increase in the far right here wanting to show how big there's is...so it certainly is not the UK. Some are arguing that the EU has with Ukraine given up its position of anti war which has kept Europe free of war since the 40's. All countries imo should be anti war and even more now when we ought to be fighting to save the planet. War is only fought when all other possibilities have been tried and is needed for self defence. I would hope that they would keep their anti war stance. At the same time we all know that when countries are not seen to be properly protecting themselves they are vulnerable to attack. Europe or those who want in Europe are probably still working towards ever closer Union. A European army would be part of that and it would need to be a strong one. That surely is better than just leaving Germany and others to try and be the most military strong in Europe. We have all seen where that took us in the past. The UK was not keen on joining a European Army - possibly one reason it left. It still believes it has an Empire, poor soul.

When we were kids in school we used to play "briish and gemans" and they were always the baddies. But times change and people grow up.
Ive met many \germans through work and on holiday. Ive been to Germany a few times and they are great people.

nb My Taid fought in the 2nd and he had a lot of respect for the Germans but didnt like the french who he thought were "dirty, lazy buggers."
yes like I said it has gone from me now. I was brought up in a house which did not believe in racism which was quite unusual in those days but as I said from the moment I could walk my brother had me fighting the German's. I think it was just psychological having learned that they were so awful when I was little but I was surprised how long it stuck and how I genuinely felt it.. It was basically when I learned that German's of my generation were the people who woke up and spoke to their parents about how awful it had been. Then I understood why the friend I made described them so awfully and how that was their way of getting rid of the Nazis.

Well we, the UK are of course not in the EU and Boris loves feeling he is the tough guy as well as the increase in the far right here wanting to show how big there's is...so it certainly is not the UK. Some are arguing that the EU has with Ukraine given up its position of anti war which has kept Europe free of war since the 40's. All countries imo should be anti war and even more now when we ought to be fighting to save the planet. War is only fought when all other possibilities have been tried and is needed for self defence. I would hope that they would keep their anti war stance. At the same time we all know that when countries are not seen to be properly protecting themselves they are vulnerable to attack. Europe or those who want in Europe are probably still working towards ever closer Union. A European army would be part of that and it would need to be a strong one. That surely is better than just leaving Germany and others to try and be the most military strong in Europe. We have all seen where that took us in the past. The UK was not keen on joining a European Army - possibly one reason it left. It still believes it has an Empire, poor soul.
Oh come on, what European army are you talking about? After the years of under-finansing and downgrading their armies? The Europeans weren't able to conduct a military operation in Libya without the US support.

Yes, Western Europe enjoyed peaceful decades after the WWII. Do you know how it was guaranteed? By American security umbrella

yes like I said it has gone from me now. I was brought up in a house which did not believe in racism which was quite unusual in those days but as I said from the moment I could walk my brother had me fighting the German's. I think it was just psychological having learned that they were so awful when I was little but I was surprised how long it stuck and how I genuinely felt it.. It was basically when I learned that German's of my generation were the people who woke up and spoke to their parents about how awful it had been. Then I understood why the friend I made described them so awfully and how that was their way of getting rid of the Nazis.
I think everyone has moved on apart from English football fans and Dekster.

Oh come on, what European army are you talking about? After the years of under-finansing and downgrading their armies? The Europeans weren't able to conduct a military operation in Libya without the US support.

Yes, Western Europe enjoyed peaceful decades after the WWII. Do you know how it was guaranteed? By American security umbrella
Well the French have nukes and the German's have the ability to produce just about anything you would want at the blink of an eye. They sell them abroad and give them to Israel. The US has about half the population of Europe but it is a country that has as its main way of making wealth the making and using of weapons. Sadly a lot of people are aware of that. Trust me you do not want Europe to be like that. Europe just needs to be a bit like Iran. Strong enough and bright enough that no one would choose to attack them. As I said the US does not have the need of Europe like it once did. The UK is staying by the US. I find your position a bit too wanting wars. We cannot afford to keep fighting wars if we want there to be any planet for our grandchildren and that is reality. We need to learn to work together. We need to grow up.

Forum List

Back