John F. Kennedy.. Democrats

Where have They All Gone..?

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

The best road to progress is freedom's road.
John F. Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy

John F. Kennedy Quotes - BrainyQuote

JFK used that first paragraph because he meant it, and it made people think differently. But the original statement came from a distant source:

More than ever, our country needs informed and engaged citizens who can positively contribute to the national discourse and political process. Most people attribute the quote of the day as belonging to former U.S. president John F. Kennedy. However, the statement is traced back to ancient times when Cicero (106 - 43 BC), a politician, implored Romans to:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather what you can do for your country."

Quote of the Day: Ask what you can do for your country - National Quotes | Examiner.com

Also:

Luke 12:48
King James Version (KJV)

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

The second part of the parable includes a caution that much will be required of the person to whom much is given.[1] J. Dwight Pentecost writes that this parable "emphasizes that privilege brings responsibility and that responsibility entails accountability.

Last edited:
HaHa Wingnuts have always tried to claim the beloved JFK as a president who would really hate the Democrats of today. He laughed about Republicans..

JFK Humor

"I have just received the following telegram from my generous Daddy. It says, "Dear Jack: Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide." (Gridiron Dinner, Washington, D.C., 1958)

"Several nights ago, I dreamed that the good Lord touched me on the shoulder and said, 'Don't worry, you'll be the Democratic presidential nominee in 1960. What's more, you'll be elected.' I told Stu Symington about my dream. 'Funny thing,' said Stu, 'I had the same dream myself.' We both told our dreams to Lyndon Johnson, and Johnson said, 'That's funny. For the life of me, I can't remember tapping either of you two boys for the job.'

"Mr. Nixon in the last seven days has called me an economic ignoramus, a Pied Piper, and all the rest. I've just confined myself to calling him a Republican, but he says that is getting low."

"I have sent him [former President Harry S Truman] the following wire: 'Dear Mr. President: I have noted with interest your suggestion as to where those who vote for my opponent should go. While I understand and sympathize with your deep motivation, I think it is important that our side try to refrain from raising the religious issue."

Question: The Republican National Committee recently adopted a resolution saying you were pretty much of a failure. How do you feel about that?

President Kennedy: I assume it passed unanimously. (July 17, 1963)

Question: Senator, when does the moratorium end on Nixon's hospitalization and your ability to attack him?

Kennedy: Well, I said I would not mention him unless I could praise him until he got out of the hospital, and I have not mentioned him. (September 9, 1960)

I have never claimed him, never will...

He was an elitist, the family still is...

A whole family of 'elitists', who have dedicated their public lives to helping the poor, the disabled, the disadvantaged and the forgotten.

Love 'em or hate 'em, the Kennedys have never been 'for sale'.

"The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened."
President John F. Kennedy

Get a grip...

They dedicated their whole lives???

You bought Camelot...

Fairy tale and all...

Moron...

Your gullibility is 2nd to none...

I have never claimed him, never will...

He was an elitist, the family still is...

A whole family of 'elitists', who have dedicated their public lives to helping the poor, the disabled, the disadvantaged and the forgotten.

"The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened."

Get a grip...

You bought Camelot...

Fairy tale and all...

Moron...

Your ignorance is second to none. Can't dispute my claim, can ya? When has any Kennedy ever advocated for the rich, the connected, the privileged or the opulent?

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

Democrats, so thrilled that Obama and Harry didn't do their jobs in the first place..

Democrats blamed Bush for everything, even stubbed toes I suppose.

For Obama they look for excuses and placing blame on anyone else but..funny how that works..:popcorn:

Hey America.......I just took over as president, The Dow Jones has dropped 7000 points, we are losing 750,000 jobs a month, the auto companies and banks are on the verge of default and we are engaged in two overseas wars

Guess its my fault

I"d ask what Harry and Pelosi were doing for the past 2 years unless of course I was chickenshit and looking for excuses. Also considering that things were going just fine until they showed up..

But that's just me...:lol:

I'd ask for a list of legislation "Harry and Pelosi" authored and Bush signed that changed the "things" that were going just fine until they showed up..

Get a grip...

You bought Camelot...

Fairy tale and all...

Moron...

Your ignorance is second to none. Can't dispute my claim, can ya? When has any Kennedy ever advocated for the rich, the connected, the privileged or the opulent?

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

It never fails, more stupid shit from the Kool Aid section...

They are carpetbaggers and you're too stupid to know it...

Get a grip...

You bought Camelot...

Fairy tale and all...

Moron...

One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.
Edmund Burke

I feel sorry for people like you. To be so septic inside.

RFK's Voice...

rfk_children_480_01.jpg

There is a major failing in today's political discourse. What is too often missing in our national debates is the moral dimension. Although, as a candidate, Barack Obama showed signs of changing the framework of Presidential politics, the last American political figure who insistently and credibly injected morality into politics was Robert F. Kennedy. In the more than forty years since his voice was stilled, no national leader has truly challenged us to apply the test of moral values to our search for solutions to domestic and global problems.

I had the opportunity to work for Robert Kennedy in his Senate office in New York.
---
His office attracted pleas for help from the most vulnerable of New Yorkers. I vividly remember hearing from single mothers in Harlem, whose nights were regularly spent protecting their children from being attacked by rats, to elderly residents of Queens, whose doctors were refusing to accept Medicare's payments in full. (Indeed today, increasing numbers of physicians are repeating this reluctance to treat Medicare patients.) I would regularly call landlords, physicians, and others on behalf of Senator Kennedy asking what they were going to do to make life a bit more bearable for those who were suffering. Invariably, I would hear the words: "You mean to tell me that Robert Kennedy cares about this?" I would get notes from him in tiny scrawled writing asking how we had helped each writer or caller. We seldom failed to get action on each individual situation, and then preserved the patterns of evidence for potential systematic solutions in a Kennedy Administration.

To me, working for him proved that appeals to morality, backed by the power of a political legacy and a future Presidency, could make a real difference in people's anguished lives.

In so many areas, Robert Kennedy based his political positions on a simple, fundamental, and passionate appeal to what was the right thing to do. The moral value system that under-lied his politics emphasized that each of us had a responsibility to each other. In the age-old tug of war between individual freedom and social justice, he pressed for the latter. He confronted college students about the scandal of those without a higher education having to serve in the military. He scolded medical students about their indifference to the needs of the minority poor. He pressured corporate executives to create jobs in inner city communities like Bedford Stuyvesant. He raised uncomfortable questions, like "suppose God is black?" And he dared to accuse a Democratic Administration of appealing to the darker impulses of the American spirit by playing God in waging a destructive war in a tiny Far East nation.

One of his favorite quotes was Dante's that "the hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in a time of moral crisis preserve their neutrality." Today, I believe he would say that we have neutralized morality.

When was the last time an American political leader framed a policy issue in terms of our social conscience? Discussions about health care, the future of retirement, the education of our children, and the distribution of wealth, inequality, and poverty seem devoid of moral idealism. We talk instead about the accommodation of interests, as though each has an equal claim and as though the paramount standard must be economic self-interest. As a result, we are still shamefully far from what RFK defined as the essence of the American ideal: "a social order shaped to the needs of all our people."

Whole article...

Edmund Burke

1. I feel sorry for people like you. To be so septic inside.
RFK's Voice...

rfk_children_480_01.jpg

2. There is a major failing in today's political discourse. What is too often missing in our national debates is the moral dimension. Although, as a candidate, Barack Obama showed signs of changing the framework of Presidential politics, the last American political figure who insistently and credibly injected morality into politics was Robert F. Kennedy. In the more than forty years since his voice was stilled, no national leader has truly challenged us to apply the test of moral values to our search for solutions to domestic and global problems.

I had the opportunity to work for Robert Kennedy in his Senate office in New York.
---
His office attracted pleas for help from the most vulnerable of New Yorkers. I vividly remember hearing from single mothers in Harlem, whose nights were regularly spent protecting their children from being attacked by rats, to elderly residents of Queens, whose doctors were refusing to accept Medicare's payments in full. (Indeed today, increasing numbers of physicians are repeating this reluctance to treat Medicare patients.) I would regularly call landlords, physicians, and others on behalf of Senator Kennedy asking what they were going to do to make life a bit more bearable for those who were suffering. Invariably, I would hear the words: "You mean to tell me that Robert Kennedy cares about this?" I would get notes from him in tiny scrawled writing asking how we had helped each writer or caller. We seldom failed to get action on each individual situation, and then preserved the patterns of evidence for potential systematic solutions in a Kennedy Administration.

To me, working for him proved that appeals to morality, backed by the power of a political legacy and a future Presidency, could make a real difference in people's anguished lives.

In so many areas, Robert Kennedy based his political positions on a simple, fundamental, and passionate appeal to what was the right thing to do. The moral value system that under-lied his politics emphasized that each of us had a responsibility to each other. In the age-old tug of war between individual freedom and social justice, he pressed for the latter. He confronted college students about the scandal of those without a higher education having to serve in the military. He scolded medical students about their indifference to the needs of the minority poor. He pressured corporate executives to create jobs in inner city communities like Bedford Stuyvesant. He raised uncomfortable questions, like "suppose God is black?" And he dared to accuse a Democratic Administration of appealing to the darker impulses of the American spirit by playing God in waging a destructive war in a tiny Far East nation.

One of his favorite quotes was Dante's that "the hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in a time of moral crisis preserve their neutrality." Today, I believe he would say that we have neutralized morality.

When was the last time an American political leader framed a policy issue in terms of our social conscience? Discussions about health care, the future of retirement, the education of our children, and the distribution of wealth, inequality, and poverty seem devoid of moral idealism. We talk instead about the accommodation of interests, as though each has an equal claim and as though the paramount standard must be economic self-interest. As a result, we are still shamefully far from what RFK defined as the essence of the American ideal: "a social order shaped to the needs of all our people."

Whole article...

1. I do not need your sympathy, my spirit is in good shape...

And there is nothing septic about me...

2. You really need to think before moving your lips, in this case your fingers, but the Kennedy's are the least likely to set any moral agendas, remember this is/was one if not the most womanizing groups of men to walk the face of the earth and it started with Joe Sr., you need to get out from under that rock more often...

Edmund Burke

RFK's Voice...

rfk_children_480_01.jpg

2. There is a major failing in today's political discourse. What is too often missing in our national debates is the moral dimension. Although, as a candidate, Barack Obama showed signs of changing the framework of Presidential politics, the last American political figure who insistently and credibly injected morality into politics was Robert F. Kennedy. In the more than forty years since his voice was stilled, no national leader has truly challenged us to apply the test of moral values to our search for solutions to domestic and global problems.

---

Whole article...

2. You really need to think before moving your lips, in this case your fingers, but the Kennedy's are the least likely to set any moral agendas, remember this is/was one if not the most womanizing groups of men to walk the face of the earth and it started with Joe Sr., you need to get out from under that rock more often...

Everything about you is septic. It IS what conservatism is all about.

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.

Liberals believe people are basically good, conservatives believe people are basically evil.
Liberals believe in raising people up, conservatives believe in pushing people down.
Liberals believe in encouragement, conservatives believe in scorn.
Liberals always stand up for the little guy, conservatives always stand up for the big guy.

Edmund Burke

RFK's Voice...

rfk_children_480_01.jpg

---

Whole article...

The history of mankind has been a struggle between those who want to increase freedom, opportunity and rights to all people and those who want to restrict them. The people who have always fought to increase freedom, opportunity and rights are liberals. The people who have fought to restrict them are conservatives.

Liberals believe people are basically good, conservatives believe people are basically evil.
Liberals believe in raising people up, conservatives believe in pushing people down.
Liberals always stand up for the little guy, conservatives always stand up for the big guy.

Disagree, liberals want higher taxes, because those that have are greedy and will not share their wealth. Conservatives give to society because the are blessed and need to share.
Liberals want to enslave the poor to government and the conservatives want to teach and to make people self sufficient.
Liberals encourage property, conservatives encourage freedom, education, going out and live your dream.
Liberals keep the little guy down, keep a heavy tax burden on the middle class, encourage the poor to stay poor. Conservatives believe that you stand up for yourself, be tall, be counted and take pride in your life and your making a living.

Edmund Burke

RFK's Voice...

rfk_children_480_01.jpg

---

Whole article...

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

“No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.”

― John F. Kennedy

How ironic I could use a JFK quote on your BS...

I don't hate my fellow Democrats, but my fellow Democrats hate anyone who disagrees with them...

Last edited:

Disagree, liberals want higher taxes, because those that have are greedy and will not share their wealth. Conservatives give to society because the are blessed and need to share.
Liberals want to enslave the poor to government and the conservatives want to teach and to make people self sufficient.
Liberals encourage property, conservatives encourage freedom, education, going out and live your dream.
Liberals keep the little guy down, keep a heavy tax burden on the middle class, encourage the poor to stay poor. Conservatives believe that you stand up for yourself, be tall, be counted and take pride in your life and your making a living.

Total bullshit. The right's mantra is social Darwinism...survival of the richest.

Sarge was as liberal as they get. Shriver was the driving force behind the creation of the Peace Corps, founded the Job Corps, Head Start and other programs as the "architect" of the "War on Poverty" He was married to JFK's sister Eunice. They started Special Olymics in their backyard with Camp Shriver.

"The simplest description of the War on Poverty is that it is a means of making life available for any and all pursuers. It does not try to make men good -- because that is moralizing. It does not try to give men what they want -- because that is catering. It does not try to give men false hopes -- because that is deception. Instead, the War on Poverty tries only to create the conditions by which the good life can be lived -- and that is humanism."
Robert Sargent "Sarge" Shriver, Jr.

“No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.”

― John F. Kennedy

I don't hate my fellow Democrats, but my fellow Democrats hate anyone who disagrees with them...

I am a student of JFK. You need to provide documentation of that quote. It has been attributed to Joseph Goebbels and there is no proof he said it either.

Joseph Goebbels

Misattributed
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.

Attributed to Goebbels in Publications Relating to Various Aspects of Communism (1946), by United States Congress, House Committee on Un-American Activities, Issues 1-15, p.19, no reliable source has been located, and this is probably simply a further variation of the Big Lie idea
Variants:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it.
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
If you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes truth.
If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.

― John F. Kennedy

I am a student of JFK. You need to provide documentation of that quote. It has been attributed to Joseph Goebbels and there is no proof he said it either.

Joseph Goebbels

Misattributed
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.

Attributed to Goebbels in Publications Relating to Various Aspects of Communism (1946), by United States Congress, House Committee on Un-American Activities, Issues 1-15, p.19, no reliable source has been located, and this is probably simply a further variation of the Big Lie idea
Variants:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

And like a lot of issues you claim to be a student of, Google is your friend...

No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.

"No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth." - John F. Kennedy - Live by quotes

It's okay, I am certain most JFK fans will not hold it against you that you connected him with Goebbels...

― John F. Kennedy

Joseph Goebbels

Misattributed

Variants:

No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.

"No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth." - John F. Kennedy - Live by quotes

It's okay, I am certain most JFK fans will not hold it against you that you connected him with Goebbels...

Those are not 'sources'. Did you meet your French model boyfriend on the internet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I]State Farm® - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube[/ame]

Where have They All Gone..?

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

The best road to progress is freedom's road.
John F. Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy

John F. Kennedy Quotes - BrainyQuote

Lumpy how could you have missed this one?

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
Read more at John F. Kennedy Quotes - BrainyQuote

I'm convinced Kennedy was not anything like the current crop of democrats. He was a class act with some flaws. WOMEN being one of them. and their is nothing wrong with that.
I would take a JFK over any Republican we have at the present.

Total bullshit. The right's mantra is social Darwinism...survival of the richest.

Sarge was as liberal as they get. Shriver was the driving force behind the creation of the Peace Corps, founded the Job Corps, Head Start and other programs as the "architect" of the "War on Poverty" He was married to JFK's sister Eunice. They started Special Olymics in their backyard with Camp Shriver.

"The simplest description of the War on Poverty is that it is a means of making life available for any and all pursuers. It does not try to make men good -- because that is moralizing. It does not try to give men what they want -- because that is catering. It does not try to give men false hopes -- because that is deception. Instead, the War on Poverty tries only to create the conditions by which the good life can be lived -- and that is humanism."
Robert Sargent "Sarge" Shriver, Jr.

So your response to me is "total bullshit" and you go off on a mindless rant.

I know who Shriver was, you don't need to throw up names.

Humphrey was the one that introduced the bill for the Peace Corp in 1957 and pushed to get the bill through, Shriver being a Kennedy relative was chosen to lead the Peace Corp.

How are the poor getting a good life? How are we creating good conditions? You been to Detroit? How about the projects of Chicago?

― John F. Kennedy

Joseph Goebbels

Misattributed

Variants:

You seem to know all the variations of how it is said, and you use the principle often.

Joseph Goebbels

Misattributed

Variants:

Those are not 'sources'. Did you meet your French model boyfriend on the internet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I]State Farm® - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube[/ame]

touché...

Forum List

Back