John Bolton on the the greatest misconceptions that Democrats have about Republicans.

It always cracks me up when extremists of the far right or far left tell us what their opponents really think.

Why?

Because they always overstate the case to suit their own needs.

If you are not leaning left or right?

You cannot tell the world what the left or right stands for.

Oh good grief steffie :eusa_doh: Bolton & his right- wingery? Everyone knows its Repubs who institute gov't on a massive scale. See: 2000-2008 ;)

Posted by The Right Scoop on Dec 12, 2011 in Politics | 57 Comments
When John Bolton was asked the question of what he thought was the greatest misconception that Democrats have about Republicans, I honestly didn’t expect such a brilliantly deep answer. I guess I’ve gotten used to fluff. But Bolton hit it out of the park and I just had to start the day with it:

video and comments at site.

Bolton said..
“The core misimpression is that a fundamental belief in liberty and it’s implications is somehow cruel and uncaring. When in fact, liberty is absolutely central to the most massive economic change in the history of the world that has brought more concrete material advantages to people in the last few hundred years than in millennia before that. And that understanding liberty means you have to value the possibility of failure as well as the possibility of success. Because if you don’t have failure as an option, you’ll never have success as an option.

It’s not lack of compassion that drives many Republican policy preferences, it’s a belief in the inherent importance of individual self-worth and not being dependent on external factors like the government.”

from with comments..
John Bolton on the greatest misconception that Democrats have about Republicans | The Right Scoop

If people would take the time or opportunity to listen to this man, they would have to be impressed. He would be an asset in any administration.

He tells it like it is regardless of ideology especial in defense and foreign affairs matters. A very learned man who doesn't look for props.

Last edited:
When John Bolton was asked the question of what he thought was the greatest misconception that Democrats have about Republicans, I honestly didn’t expect such a brilliantly deep answer. I guess I’ve gotten used to fluff. But Bolton hit it out of the park and I just had to start the day with it:

Bolton said..
“The core misimpression is that a fundamental belief in liberty and it’s implications is somehow cruel and uncaring. When in fact, liberty is absolutely central to the most massive economic change in the history of the world that has brought more concrete material advantages to people in the last few hundred years than in millennia before that. And that understanding liberty means you have to value the possibility of failure as well as the possibility of success. Because if you don’t have failure as an option, you’ll never have success as an option.

It’s not lack of compassion that drives many Republican policy preferences, it’s a belief in the inherent importance of individual self-worth and not being dependent on external factors like the government.”

from with comments..
John Bolton on the greatest misconception that Democrats have about Republicans | The Right Scoop

If people would take the time or opportunity to listen to this man, they would have to be impressed. He would be an asset in any administration.

tells it like it is regardless of ideology especial in defense matters.

Bolton has no perception of diplomacy. He was an embarrassment to this country when he represented us in the UN.

Bolton said..

from with comments..

The biggest misconception Republicans have is that somehow liberty is a value that only applies to their party

Leftwhiner's post ^ has zero truth value.

What a non-surprise.

Bolton said..

from with comments..

Bolton has no perception of diplomacy. He was an embarrassment to this country when he represented us in the UN.

No, he wasn't. He was terrific. He only got under the unduly thin politically correct skin of mindless libs like you, Leftwhiner.

He tells it like it is regardless of ideology especial in defense and foreign affairs matters. A very learned man who doesn't look for props.

john bolton is a very smart man. he is not, however, diplomatic, and never belonged in diplomatic service.

No, he wasn't. He was terrific. He only got under the unduly thin politically correct skin of mindless libs like you, Leftwhiner.

do you think the purpose of a diplomat is to get under people's skins?

dip·lo·mat/ˈdipləˌmat/
Noun:
An official representing a country abroad.
A person who can deal with people in a sensitive and effective way.

Google

john bolton is a very smart man. he is not, however, diplomatic, and never belonged in diplomatic service.

Being "diplomatic" is important in one sense, but it is also highly over-rated in another sense.

I will grant you that the man was not especially tactful in all of his "diplomatic" stances, but I also contend that what he lacked in that arcane version of "tact," he made up for with a glorious supply of honesty.

This is why the term "refreshing" is used with regard to his service in that realm. It is refreshing to hear a diplomat talking straight. Perhaps over the years we have caused or compounded some of our big international problems by accepting "diplomacy" as something that requires doubletalk and mumbo-jumbo.

do you think the purpose of a diplomat is to get under people's skins?

dip·lo·mat/ˈdipləˌmat/
Noun:
An official representing a country abroad.
A person who can deal with people in a sensitive and effective way.

Google

Do you imagine that the value we place on the avoidance of getting under someone's skin is so high that the actual agenda of a nation's diplomatic position must be subverted to that concern?

LOL! What a big strawman Bolton defeated.

It says a lot that he didn't address the factual pedophile tendencies of Republicans and instead went to war with a strawman.

:thup:
monkeys_fling_poo1.jpg

you put that on the wrong post... it belonged on bripat's or steffie baby's.

thanks. :thup:
Ummm...no.

Unless you agree with Ravi's asshattery: "...the factual pedophile tendencies of Republicans..."

Do you agree with her statement?

Bolton said..

from with comments..

...because he didn't bow and scrape to terrorists, thugs, and their appeasers like the left wanted him to.

Bolton said..

from with comments..

Yeah, I guess because he didn't bow down and kiss their asses that would make him an embarrassment in your eyes. WE as a country don't owe the UN jackshit. I for one would like to see us get out of them and tell them to go to hell. but the Obama and Democrats believe we should be governed by them..that is the real scary part of the Democrat party.

LOL! What a big strawman Bolton defeated.

It says a lot that he didn't address the factual pedophile tendencies of Republicans and instead went to war with a strawman.

:thup:
monkeys_fling_poo1.jpg

you put that on the wrong post... it belonged on bripat's or steffie baby's.

thanks. :thup:
You think that whole "Republicans have pedo tendencies" bit has any truth to it? It just looks like mindless BS

Last edited:
John Bolton and the rest of republicans have these ridiculous notions about government and diplomacy. On one hand they want a government "small" enough to let American states govern themselves. But on the other hand they want a Pax Americana that establishes the kind of government every other nation on the planet is "allowed" to have by the United States. These are disparate agendas and completely unworkable.

John Bolton makes a good guest on a rightwing radio show. He dishes out what they want to hear

He makes a horrible diplomat and puts the US in a bad negotiating position. He is arrogant and dismissive which makes him a hero to the right but is disliked and distrusted by those he is negotiating with

Last edited:
John Bolton makes a good guest on a rightwing radio show. He dishes out why they want to hear

He makes a horrible diplomat and puts the US in a bad negotiating position. He is arrogant and dismissive which makes him a hero to the right but is disliked and distrusted by those he is negotiating with

wow, you know he is disliked and distrusted by those he is negotiating with.....HOW?
crystal ball?

Funny when people say the same about the Obama you blow them off as, KOOKS..

Forum List

Back