John Bolton on the the greatest misconceptions that Democrats have about Republicans.

Dave. you make it sound so easy, and you vastly oversimplify all of the information that is reality, and pack it into a concise, small box that is the republican talking point of the power of personal volition, which would be fine except for the fact that you are forgetting opportunity costs, that, among the endless hours of education, research, and the hard work it takes for genius and creative minds to create their creations, they simply don not have the time to work a 9 to 5, to raise enough capital to invest in a working business... you are speaking of literally, living two lives at once. you need to get off of your personal volition talking point and come down to reality. We do have control over certain things, but not everything. We are at the mercy of forces outside ourselves, and very often, forces set in motion by other beings vying for a controlling interest in everything around us, that we simply must accept or go elsewhere, (or challenge, but that is another lifetime of work). I see you spitting the same talking point: it is your fault if you can't do it. No. People try as hard as they can, with what they know, and other people possesses too much power, most often in the financial sectors in the forms of investment monopolies, so that anyone looking for an investor, must sacrifice a certain amount of integrity and dignity. the question then becomes, how much of yourself are you actually willing to give up. you comment on these hypotheticals from an ideological distance, and it comes off as sheer arrogance, even in how much you seem to be able to simplify the infinite complexity that is reality.

Yeah, we get it. No one is responsible for their station in life. Some vague, amorphous, ill-defined THE MAN is keeping everyone down.

Your hand-wringing singularly fails to take into account the people who have DONE what I said: They worked their asses off and got their products to market, and profited handsomely from it.

Now who's not dealing with reality?

I am not saying no one is responsible for their station in life. We have control over ourselves. That's it. As far as the world, any number of variables can be thrown our way that make a situation anywhere from easy to damn near impossible in terms of bringing a dream or concept to fruition, getting past all of the obstacles that may or may not be thrown in our way depending on where we are coming from within a society, and how that society views us. People try, but just because a few have done it, doesn't mean everyone faces the same odds, or has the same resources. Once again, you oversimplify reality based the few who have done it, without looking into greater detail. "the devil is in the details.' Painting broad strokes sounds great in motivational speeches, but in reality, there is much more. What concerns me is that it is obvious you are literally compelled to say such things because you are so invested in your republican ideology, that your brain literally will not accept anything to the contrary. Anyone so unable to see reality for what it is, is dangerous, especially when given a pulpit. Unfortunately, such is the nature with human beliefs. We form them so the world makes sense to us. Unfortunately, they have nothing to do with reality, only that which is comfortable to us to alleviate cognitive dissonance and anxiety. I don't know where I am going with this, but Dave, you say the same thing over an over again, without considering into the idea that there is far more information than simply a talking point about personal volition. It makes impossible the possibility for empathy for the reality of an individuals situation. Instead, you hold them up to some ideal 'should' about what they should be able to accomplish. i am simply saying, don't let your beliefs cover over reality. reality is far too complex, and it is inherently arrogant to paint reality with a singular belief. what you don't realize is that your perceptions are based on beliefs you don't' even know you have, as is the case with everybody, to an extent, and with exception to those who actively challenge their own arbitrary beliefs and realize that beliefs are only beliefs. Not reality. Do I get credit for this?
I've seen your version of "reality". It bears little resemblance to the real thing.

I have my life and my family to worry about. I don't feel compelled to worry about anyone else's; that's their job. When I can, I donate to worthy causes. I don't cry myself to sleep worrying over anyone else, and no one else cries himself to sleep worrying over me.

If you want to stay up all night singing Kum Bah Yah, fine. Knock yourself out. But keep it quiet, because I have to get up in the morning and go to work.

Okay?

Yeah, we get it. No one is responsible for their station in life. Some vague, amorphous, ill-defined THE MAN is keeping everyone down.

Your hand-wringing singularly fails to take into account the people who have DONE what I said: They worked their asses off and got their products to market, and profited handsomely from it.

Now who's not dealing with reality?

I am not saying no one is responsible for their station in life. We have control over ourselves. That's it. As far as the world, any number of variables can be thrown our way that make a situation anywhere from easy to damn near impossible in terms of bringing a dream or concept to fruition, getting past all of the obstacles that may or may not be thrown in our way depending on where we are coming from within a society, and how that society views us. People try, but just because a few have done it, doesn't mean everyone faces the same odds, or has the same resources. Once again, you oversimplify reality based the few who have done it, without looking into greater detail. "the devil is in the details.' Painting broad strokes sounds great in motivational speeches, but in reality, there is much more. What concerns me is that it is obvious you are literally compelled to say such things because you are so invested in your republican ideology, that your brain literally will not accept anything to the contrary. Anyone so unable to see reality for what it is, is dangerous, especially when given a pulpit. Unfortunately, such is the nature with human beliefs. We form them so the world makes sense to us. Unfortunately, they have nothing to do with reality, only that which is comfortable to us to alleviate cognitive dissonance and anxiety. I don't know where I am going with this, but Dave, you say the same thing over an over again, without considering into the idea that there is far more information than simply a talking point about personal volition. It makes impossible the possibility for empathy for the reality of an individuals situation. Instead, you hold them up to some ideal 'should' about what they should be able to accomplish. i am simply saying, don't let your beliefs cover over reality. reality is far too complex, and it is inherently arrogant to paint reality with a singular belief. what you don't realize is that your perceptions are based on beliefs you don't' even know you have, as is the case with everybody, to an extent, and with exception to those who actively challenge their own arbitrary beliefs and realize that beliefs are only beliefs. Not reality. Do I get credit for this?
I've seen your version of "reality". It bears little resemblance to the real thing.

I have my life and my family to worry about. I don't feel compelled to worry about anyone else's; that's their job. When I can, I donate to worthy causes. I don't cry myself to sleep worrying over anyone else, and no one else cries himself to sleep worrying over me.

If you want to stay up all night singing Kum Bah Yah, fine. Knock yourself out. But keep it quiet, because I have to get up in the morning and go to work.

Okay?
Amazing isn't it the amount of supposede 'Americans' that are so fucked up in thier own lives that they worry about 'the other guy and what he has different' in the same persuit of liberty...

The guy that has more gets it, practices it, and doesn't have time to worry about the other guy until his property/liberty is being robbed from him...such as you and me and others...

And I personally don't appreciate the Government speaking for me in matters of charity. That's MY decision...not thiers.

Forum List

Back