Joe Wilson Proposes Forcing Congress Onto Government Health Insurance Plan

Does the bill force you to drop your current insurance and sign up with the public option?

Who knows.. obviously, laws can be passed without my approval already, do you have some unbreakable contract to absolutely guarantee that I wont be forced to sign up for the public option? I think not, your point is mute and somewhat naive, YES...

So you're basically arguing about something you know nothing about.

Oh, and when you're President, laws won't be able to be passed without your approval (generally). Until then, you're fucked.

That's the best you can do.. sheezz... you can't even stay on point.. thanks for the laugh

Does the bill force you to drop your current insurance and sign up with the public option?

Who knows.. obviously, laws can be passed without my approval already, do you have some unbreakable contract to absolutely guarantee that I wont be forced to sign up for the public option? I think not, your point is mute and somewhat naive, YES...

Oh, and when you're President, laws won't be able to be passed without your approval (generally). Until then, you're fucked.

How do you know that Lumpy1 is not the Czar of Lumps and Bumps and that Obama doesn't ask his opinion on everything prior to signing laws?

How do you know that Lumpy1 is not the Czar of Lumps and Bumps and that Obama doesn't ask his opinion on everything prior to signing laws?

Currently, I'm pushing for the, "Czar of Bitch Slapping".... every time Congress tries to raise taxes or take freedoms away from the American people they would get bitch slapped, this would also greatly reduce unemployment in these hard times.

As is mine. What is your point?

Do you feel Congress should be exempted from the laws they pass as a general rule?

The last bill I read stated that private insurers could not write new policies (in other words they could not market their plans to new customers) that were not similar to the Public Option and could not offer substantially different plans. If they are prohibited from writing new business (attracting new customers) they will quickly be driven out of business and the only option we will have is the public option.

So if that provision is not or has not been dropped from the current bills then the answer to your question is yes, it will force me out of my current plan and into the public option.

Immie

PS a better word than read would be scanned. I read the parts that I felt were important and the prohibition of private insurers writing new business was something that struck me as important.

Last edited:
Do you understand that you have to PAY for the public option?

Yes, I pay if I use the plan or if I don't. Oh sure, it isn't a direct tax, but you still pay in many forms. The only constant is, I pay.

No the people who choose the plan pay premiums for it. jeezus

No fool, they are not the only ones to pay. Remember the rich who are going to pay and small businesses (over $250,000 income) being taxed to help pay? Now it looks like those with slightly lower incomes will pay too. These businesses pass that tax on to YOU and ME through price increases. You and I pay.

What a fucking moron. Good luck in your re-election bid, Joe....

What the hell are you talking about????????? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The voters will love this guy....

What this shows is the low level of understanding these twits have on what is being proposed. Since NO ONE would be forced to join the Federal Public Option, why the hell would this moron Wilson propose that all of Congress be forced to enroll in it?

right. no one would be forced. until everyone's employer opts to pay the penalty and then it's either you get on the government plan or have no insurance at all. It's an "option" in the same way that "your brains or your signature will be on the contract," is an option.

Yes, I pay if I use the plan or if I don't. Oh sure, it isn't a direct tax, but you still pay in many forms. The only constant is, I pay.

No fool, they are not the only ones to pay. Remember the rich who are going to pay and small businesses (over $250,000 income) being taxed to help pay? Now it looks like those with slightly lower incomes will pay too. These businesses pass that tax on to YOU and ME through price increases. You and I pay.

You're talking about something that has nothing to do with the public option. I'm guessing you haven't even read a public option proposal.

You're talking about something that has nothing to do with the public option. I'm guessing you haven't even read a public option proposal.

Paying for the plan has nothing to do with the plan? Awake up! Obama clearly spoke about how part of this was going to be funded. Taxes on the very groups I mentioned above. I am right on target. You better educate yourself fast.

Paying for the plan has nothing to do with the plan? Awake up! Obama clearly spoke about how part of this was going to be funded. Taxes on the very groups I mentioned above. I am right on target. You better educate yourself fast.

Not fair! You can't call the penalties and fines for not insuring employees or not having insurance, taxes! That is not fair!

Of course, I would be willing to take a guess that the idea is to get the bill passed and then shortly thereafter to institute a payroll tax in order to fund this plan that Americans "just love".

Immie

honestly, save liberty....the price of this bill DOES NOT go down in price, without the Public option, not significantly.

I believe what you are talking about, in the cost of this plan, is the use of something they are calling, ''affordability credits'', which will be given to people, of varying amounts dependent on means/need.

I had read that if you make as much as 300% of poverty, which is less that 23 k i believe for an individual, our gvt will give them some money, to help pay for their health insurance plan, through giving them a credit that they can use when purchasing it.

this affordability credit, will be larger for those making less money...as example, someone at poverty level will have a larger affordability credit to use when they purchase their insurance than someone at 300% of the poverty level.

Some on this board have mentioned that those up to 400% of poverty will be eligible for an affordability credit, but i have not had the chance to confirm this....

BUT HERE IS WHAT IS PERTINENT:

These affordability credits will be issued to those people, whether there is a public insurance option plan that they can BUY with their affordability credits, OR NOT.

OR NOT, being the key emphasis.

Killing the Public Option will not stop your taxes paying for at least a portion, of those people making less than 300/400% of the poverty level.

honestly, save liberty....the price of this bill DOES NOT go down in price, without the Public option, not significantly.

I believe what you are talking about, in the cost of this plan, is the use of something they are calling, ''affordability credits'', which will be given to people, of varying amounts dependent on means/need.

I had read that if you make as much as 300% of poverty, which is less that 23 k i believe for an individual, our gvt will give them some money, to help pay for their health insurance plan, through giving them a credit that they can use when purchasing it.

this affordability credit, will be larger for those making less money...as example, someone at poverty level will have a larger affordability credit to use when they purchase their insurance than someone at 300% of the poverty level.

Some on this board have mentioned that those up to 400% of poverty will be eligible for an affordability credit, but i have not had the chance to confirm this....

These affordability credits will be issued to those people, whether there is a public insurance option plan that they can BUY with their affordability credits, OR NOT.

Killing the Public Option will not stop your taxes paying for at least a portion, of those people making less than 300/400% of the poverty level.

Quick question: Let's say a single woman is making $30,000 a year, just over the poverty line and is barely surviving on what she makes as it is. This public option plan kicks in and she is forced to pick up the public plan or be fined for refusing to do so. The availability credit pays say 75% of her coverage and to make things easy her monthly costs without the credit would be $400 so the credit is $300/month but she still needs to come up with the additional $100/month. But she can't! She simply cannot afford it.

What happens to her?

Note: the numbers used above are not accurate and only used for the example. Some people at some income level are going to fall into this category. There is no way around it. It is going to happen... in fact, it might even be you.

What about the people who don't qualify for any credit at all, but their employer drops coverage completely, leaving them at the mercy of the public option, but now that their employer will not or cannot cover health insurance they are FORCED to join the public plan even though they cannot afford it. What happens to them? This might even be you!

Immie

I think it's almost a great idea. But what he should have proposed was simply an amendment that eliminates their current taxpayer funded healthcare insurance. In which case they could choose the public option under the new reform, or buy their own.

I think it's almost a great idea. But what he should have proposed was simply an amendment that eliminates their current taxpayer funded healthcare insurance. In which case they could choose the public option under the new reform, or buy their own.

I wonder if the government is going to drop its health insurance plan for employees... i.e. the clerk at the welfare office and put them all on the public option. Of course, politicians will keep their current plans!

Immie

Quick question: Let's say a single woman is making $30,000 a year, just over the poverty line and is barely surviving on what she makes as it is. This public option plan kicks in and she is forced to pick up the public plan or be fined for refusing to do so. The availability credit pays say 75% of her coverage and to make things easy her monthly costs without the credit would be $400 so the credit is $300/month but she still needs to come up with the additional $100/month. But she can't! She simply cannot afford it.

What happens to her?

Note: the numbers used above are not accurate and only used for the example. Some people at some income level are going to fall into this category. There is no way around it. It is going to happen... in fact, it might even be you.

What about the people who don't qualify for any credit at all, but their employer drops coverage completely, leaving them at the mercy of the public option, but now that their employer will not or cannot cover health insurance they are FORCED to join the public plan even though they cannot afford it. What happens to them? This might even be you!

Immie

ok, since we are speculating here....let me ask you a few things that are pertinent....before I answer you! :D

Are you under the impression or is it the case in your example that these people with affordability credits will ONLY be able to buy the Public option insurance plan after they get their affordability credits?

And are you under the impression that if someone loses their job they can only buy the public option off of the Insurance exchange and not any of the other private insurance plans available on their insurance exchange?

And IF this is true, can you direct me to the part of the bill that states such or even an article, so I can follow it up?

care

What happens to her?

Immie

ok, since we are speculating here....let me ask you a few things that are pertinent....before I answer you! :D

Are you under the impression or is it the case in your example that these people with affordability credits will ONLY be able to buy the Public option insurance plan after they get their affordability credits?

And are you under the impression that if someone loses their job they can only buy the public option off of the Insurance exchange and not any of the other private insurance plans available on their insurance exchange?

And IF this is true, can you direct me to the part of the bill that states such or even an article, so I can follow it up?

care

Good questions.

It does not matter does it? If they can't afford the public option, they wont be able to afford a private plan either. However, they will be fined for not complying right?

And I will stick to my beliefs so far that if the "no new business" for private plans is not removed it will kill the private insurer very quickly.

Immie

You can make assumptions all day long. However, since you have absolutely NO concrete data to support these assumptions, why would Wilson, a Senator, make such a stupid move?

Dumbass.... Think about it.... Employers will stop providing insurance for their employees when they know the Government will provide it.... So you either use the Government public option or nothing.... I thought this was common sense.... Maybe this is why our nation is so f'd up...because people aren't smart enough to figure things like this out....

Sure we won't be forced to sign up for up but we sure as hell will be forced to pay for it!!!!!! Why is this so hard to understand??????:cuckoo:

So what you are afraid of is that the Government would do such a fantastic job in the Insurance business that everyone will love it too much

Whats so bad about people saving money?

Oh, yes, I forgot...........when you do something to help the rich that is called stimulating the economy

When you do something to help working Americans, it is called Socialism

If it's so great why is Congress not jumping on the opportunity to join this??????????????

Won't answer that question will you?????

How gullible are you?

You didn't respond to social security. That is proof enough that they don't want what the peons get.

While I don't know enough about how they are exmpted from Social Secuirty to carry on a truthful conversation with you about it, my point is that there is NO language in the current healthcare reform legislation where ANY US citizen is forced to be on the public option. Do you agree or not?

I don't mean to offend you but people like you are part of the problem... You think.... "Hey health care for everyone would be great, let's do it" Where as other people think " Hey health care for everyone would be great, but let's think about how this will affect everyone and who is going to pay for it....

Maybe try looking at the long run next time... and think about the consequences of some of these bills.... not to mention that your representative is not even going to read the bill... I can't believe that you dont care about that... Further proof of our problem in this country....

Seriously man... Wake up... Use your head and think about the consequences of this bill and stop believing what ever Obama and Pelosi tell you!!!!!! Just think for yourself.... It's common sense....

Forum List

Back