Joe Wilson Proposes Forcing Congress Onto Government Health Insurance Plan

Do you feel Congress should be exempted from the laws they pass as a general rule?

Absolutely not. How are they exmpting themselves on this issue?

1. Set up a completely separate pension plan for themselves.
2. Don't pay into Social Security.
3. Have a completely separate health care plan.
4. Are setting up a new government plan that they personally don't want.

Rep. Wilson is just attempting to hold Congress up to the system they think we should have. If it indeed saves money, then it is good they help us save. If it gives access to quality health care they should want it too. Tap dance your way through. Most will see through you.

So? How are they exempting themselves? Show me the language in the bill where the Government run Public Option will be forced on US citizens.

How gullible are you?

You didn't respond to social security. That is proof enough that they don't want what the peons get.

How gullible are you?

You didn't respond to social security. That is proof enough that they don't want what the peons get.

While I don't know enough about how they are exmpted from Social Secuirty to carry on a truthful conversation with you about it, my point is that there is NO language in the current healthcare reform legislation where ANY US citizen is forced to be on the public option. Do you agree or not?

Rep. Wilson is just attempting to hold Congress up to the system they think we should have. If it indeed saves money, then it is good they help us save. If it gives access to quality health care they should want it too. Tap dance your way through. Most will see through you.

So? How are they exempting themselves? Show me the language in the bill where the Government run Public Option will be forced on US citizens.

I would consider a fine or else force. It is interesting you bring up "seeing" the bill. Your guys aren't too keen on letting us see it, are they?

As is mine. What is your point?

Do you feel Congress should be exempted from the laws they pass as a general rule?

I'm just trying to figure out where your coming from.

The odds of them not funding their own insurance premiums are slim at best.

The perspective of them dealing with the health that they have created on a personnel level could give them a better understanding of the system they have created. The fact that they are on not personally affected may influence the laws they are creating.

I just think it's a valid point for discussion and I can't understand your intense negative reaction. Is it just that Joe Wilson puts a bee in your bonnet?

While I don't know enough about how they are exempted from Social Security to carry on a truthful conversation with you about it, my point is that there is NO language in the current healthcare reform legislation where ANY US citizen is forced to be on the public option. Do you agree or not?
NOT. I haven't read the Bill, have you? If not how do you know anything?

the point of the thread is that Joe Wilson is rubbing the dems nose in it because he knows damn well that Pelosi would never include Congress in the "public option". Some people are always more equal than others.

Joe Wilson Proposes Forcing Congress Onto Government Health Insurance Plan - FOXNews.com

I don't have a problmen with that. If it's such a damn good deal the demoncwats should be the first in line to get it. True?

So, just like I asked a poster last night...

If the democrats vote for the public option, I assume that you will not be happy.

However, if the democrats vote for the public option AND vote for themselves to take it, does that mean that you will be happy?

I would consider a fine or else force. It is interesting you bring up "seeing" the bill. Your guys aren't too keen on letting us see it, are they?

Is yours a reading problem or a comprehension problem? The only ones fined will be those who can afford health insurance but choose not to buy it from the private sector. Get it?

Ah, Va Yank , your inundated with discussion.. put me off until later...

Joe Wilson Proposes Forcing Congress Onto Government Health Insurance Plan - FOXNews.com

I don't have a problmen with that. If it's such a damn good deal the demoncwats should be the first in line to get it. True?

If the democrats vote for the public option, I assume that you will not be happy.

However, if the democrats vote for the public option AND vote for themselves to take it, does that mean that you will be happy?

It means I will take a second look. As long as they refuse to subject themselves to what they are ramming down our throats I will be against them.

Is yours a reading problem or a comprehension problem? The only ones fined will be those who can afford health insurance but choose not to buy it from the private sector. Get it?

So, if I can't afford private insurance, I don't have to buy government insurance? No fine for that either? If my employer stops private insurance, I can just go with out?

For a few years, anyways.

You can make assumptions all day long. However, since you have absolutely NO concrete data to support these assumptions, why would Wilson, a Senator, make such a stupid move?

Dumbass.... Think about it.... Employers will stop providing insurance for their employees when they know the Government will provide it.... So you either use the Government public option or nothing.... I thought this was common sense.... Maybe this is why our nation is so f'd up...because people aren't smart enough to figure things like this out....

Sure we won't be forced to sign up for up but we sure as hell will be forced to pay for it!!!!!! Why is this so hard to understand??????:cuckoo:

Do you understand that you have to PAY for the public option?

You can make assumptions all day long. However, since you have absolutely NO concrete data to support these assumptions, why would Wilson, a Senator, make such a stupid move?

Dumbass.... Think about it.... Employers will stop providing insurance for their employees when they know the Government will provide it.... So you either use the Government public option or nothing.... I thought this was common sense.... Maybe this is why our nation is so f'd up...because people aren't smart enough to figure things like this out....

Sure we won't be forced to sign up for up but we sure as hell will be forced to pay for it!!!!!! Why is this so hard to understand??????:cuckoo:

Yes, I pay if I use the plan or if I don't. Oh sure, it isn't a direct tax, but you still pay in many forms. The only constant is, I pay.

What the hell are you talking about????????? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The voters will love this guy....

What this shows is the low level of understanding these twits have on what is being proposed. Since NO ONE would be forced to join the Federal Public Option, why the hell would this moron Wilson propose that all of Congress be forced to enroll in it?

They don't have to get the plan VaYank5150. They can just pay the fine. :eusa_whistle:

Congressmen HAVE insurance. They don't have to switch.

Yes, I pay if I use the plan or if I don't. Oh sure, it isn't a direct tax, but you still pay in many forms. The only constant is, I pay.

No the people who choose the plan pay premiums for it. jeezus

Seriously, there are few better ways to understand the problems with government run health care or Social Security that to have the benefit. Congress has excluded themselves from both of these programs. Why? Because their's is better. Way better.

Does the bill force you to drop your current insurance and sign up with the public option?

What this shows is the low level of understanding these twits have on what is being proposed. Since NO ONE would be forced to join the Federal Public Option, why the hell would this moron Wilson propose that all of Congress be forced to enroll in it?

They don't have to get the plan VaYank5150. They can just pay the fine. :eusa_whistle:

Congressmen HAVE insurance. They don't have to switch.

Yea! We want to force them to let us have what they have now. We don't want to force them to take the inferior product they are most likely going to give us. :lol:

Does the bill force you to drop your current insurance and sign up with the public option?

Who knows.. obviously, laws can be passed without my approval already, do you have some unbreakable contract to absolutely guarantee that I wont be forced to sign up for the public option? I think not, your point is mute and somewhat naive, YES...

Who knows.. obviously, laws can be passed without my approval already, do you have some unbreakable contract to absolutely guarantee that I wont be forced to sign up for the public option? I think not, your point is mute and somewhat naive, YES...

So you're basically arguing about something you know nothing about.

Oh, and when you're President, laws won't be able to be passed without your approval (generally). Until then, you're fucked.

It means I will take a second look. As long as they refuse to subject themselves to what they are ramming down our throats I will be against them.

I don't mean to point out the irony here...but essentially...

if the Democratic government wants to spend public funds to establish a government run healthcare program, then you are solidly against it...

however, if the Democratic government REALLY, REALLY* wants to spend public funds to establish a government run healthcare program, then you will take a second look...

* By "REALLY, REALLY", I mean that they want it so bad that they will take it themselves.

I just find it ironic that you will not support a bill half-heartedly supported by the Democrats, but that you will consider supporting a bill that is whole-heartedly supported by the Democrats.

Forum List

Back