Joe Walsh's 'dream'

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I have a dream that all black parents will have the right to choose where their kids attend school.

I have a dream that all black boys and girls will grow up with a father.
I have a dream that young black men will stop shooting other young black men.

I have a dream that all young black men will say “no” to gangs and to drugs.

I have a dream that all black young people will graduate from high school.

I have a dream that young black men won’t become fathers until after they’re married and they have a job.

I have a dream that young unmarried black women will say “no” to young black men who want to have sex.

I have a dream that today’s black leadership will quit blaming racism and “the system” for what ails black America.

I have a dream that black America will take responsibility for improving their own lives.

I have a dream that one day black America will cease their dependency on the government plantation, which has enslaved them to lives of poverty, and instead depend on themselves, their families, their churches, and their communities.

I am having the worst time verbalizing what's wrong with this picture, so I'm just going to go with a rough draft.

This isn't actually his dream to have.

I apologize. I believe this is a conversation we should have, but I'm sort of stuck at what I've already said.

• Banned
Seriously? This was released January 1, 1995.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24m-V2f9-sY]Joe Walsh - I Like Big Tits .mpg - YouTube[/ame]

I have a dream that all black parents will have the right to choose where their kids attend school.

I have a dream that all black boys and girls will grow up with a father.
I have a dream that young black men will stop shooting other young black men.

I have a dream that all young black men will say “no” to gangs and to drugs.

I have a dream that all black young people will graduate from high school.

I have a dream that young black men won’t become fathers until after they’re married and they have a job.

I have a dream that young unmarried black women will say “no” to young black men who want to have sex.

I have a dream that today’s black leadership will quit blaming racism and “the system” for what ails black America.

I have a dream that black America will take responsibility for improving their own lives.

I have a dream that one day black America will cease their dependency on the government plantation, which has enslaved them to lives of poverty, and instead depend on themselves, their families, their churches, and their communities.

I am having the worst time verbalizing what's wrong with this picture, so I'm just going to go with a rough draft.

This isn't actually his dream to have.

I apologize. I believe this is a conversation we should have, but I'm sort of stuck at what I've already said.
Why can't it be his dream? Wouldn't the nation be far better off if the black family weren't being systematically destroyed? If black youth escaped the cycle of poverty and dependence? If black kids grew up in two-parent households?

It's a good dream, and I share it. I really can't imagine why anyone wouldn't.

Forum List

Back