Joe the Plumber...err...Joe the WELFARE recipient

whats pathetic is how the left go out of their way to try and destroy anyone who questions Obama.

All the fucking guy did was ask a question and his life got turned upside down. It doesn't matter if he received welfare or he doesnt pay his taxes. The answer is what was important.

I also hope the bitch who works for the state who went into his records gets fired and prosecuted, she is already being investigated.

that is the society we live in unfortunately. Perhaps McCain shouldn't have made Joe a public figure. I wonder if Joe blames John for his woes? :eusa_whistle:

that is the society we live in unfortunately. Perhaps McCain shouldn't have made Joe a public figure. I wonder if Joe blames John for his woes? :eusa_whistle:

Joe made himself a public figure. Sheesh, you liberals are insufferable tonight.

Yeah, you are right, but why did he become a public figure?

The media made him a public figure first, right and the left. Right trying to praise him and the left trying to destroy him. However, still doesn't give the **** at the state office the right to look into his personal records and release them to the media. I hope she goes to jail.

Also, McCain fucked up casue he tried and make Joe the story and not so much Obama's answer. I would have stopped mentioning Joe's name and focused on what Obama said.

Hardly need to chill, glad to see you on this thread, as it was the other I was referring to.

The left is doing to Joe, Palin what they did to GW. I've no excuses for GW, he made his own bed. He could have responded but didn't. The others, well they got caught up in the hell that's become the US electoral system.

Joe in particular had the audacity to ask a freaking question, it's haunted him ever since. The left? They said he seeked the limelight. From his yard? Obama walked up to him. Of course since he's a working stiff, in a working stiff neighborhood the assumption would be he'd like what Obama was selling, but he didn't. He aspired for a different future. The absolute audacity! He's paid for it ever since. Yes, a public official is now on paid leave, being investigated for misusing information available to her.

You all condone these big brother actions? Good luck to hanging onto the freedoms you were so concerned with regarding Patriot Act. The One might just as well put forth, the 'right wing act' and you'd all jump onto it, never recognizing they'll be coming for you.

whats pathetic is how the left go out of their way to try and destroy anyone who questions Obama.

Do you have any idea how many people have questioned this guy? Not only is he black, not only is he relatively unknown to the world up until 4 years ago, not only does he have questionable associations, not only did his pastor for 20 years yell out loudly "GOD DAMN AMERICA" on tape for all to see, not only did he defeat the Clinton machine, not only did he spend a good part of his youth in Inodnesia, but he is also running for president. He has held hundreds of town hall meetings with people just like you and me, he has met with hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans like you and me who have all questioned him. Have we all been destroyed?

No.

Joe the Plumber was destroyed because he lied. He tried to make something about himself more than he was. He was at the very least, a huge idiot and hypocrite. At the most he was a plant for the McCain campaign. His entire purpose was to convince middle America that Obama's tax plan would hurt them because it was wrong to accept money from rich people. There's a passage that goes: "Do not judge lest ye' be judged." If Joe really was buying a business, which he's not, if Joe really had that kind of money to buy a business, which he doesn't, if Joe's name really was Joe, which it isn't, then Joe wouldn't be stupid enough to question Obama's tax plan, because he would know Obama's tax plan for small businesses actually help them.

All the fucking guy did was ask a question and his life got turned upside down.

Who forced him to go on FoxNews almost every other week? Who forced him to campaign for John McCain? Who forced him to say that Obama = Death to Israel? Who forced him to get his own publicit, to seek a record deal and to seek a book deal? He forced this on himself. When you put yourself out there in the view of the public and you're attacking someone who is very popular with a majority of American's, expect to get attacked. You better be squeaky clean.

Do you have any idea how many people have questioned this guy? Not only is he black, not only is he relatively unknown to the world up until 4 years ago, not only does he have questionable associations, not only did his pastor for 20 years yell out loudly "GOD DAMN AMERICA" on tape for all to see, not only did he defeat the Clinton machine, not only did he spend a good part of his youth in Inodnesia, but he is also running for president. He has held hundreds of town hall meetings with people just like you and me, he has met with hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans like you and me who have all questioned him. Have we all been destroyed?

No.

Joe the Plumber was destroyed because he lied. He tried to make something about himself more than he was. He was at the very least, a huge idiot and hypocrite. At the most he was a plant for the McCain campaign. His entire purpose was to convince middle America that Obama's tax plan would hurt them because it was wrong to accept money from rich people. There's a passage that goes: "Do not judge lest ye' be judged." If Joe really was buying a business, which he's not, if Joe really had that kind of money to buy a business, which he doesn't, if Joe's name really was Joe, which it isn't, then Joe wouldn't be stupid enough to question Obama's tax plan, because he would know Obama's tax plan for small businesses actually help them.

Who forced him to go on FoxNews almost every other week? Who forced him to campaign for John McCain? Who forced him to say that Obama = Death to Israel? Who forced him to get his own publicit, to seek a record deal and to seek a book deal? He forced this on himself. When you put yourself out there in the view of the public and you're attacking someone who is very popular with a majority of American's, expect to get attacked. You better be squeaky clean.

Oh.God.cannot.breathe. :lol:

All the fucking guy did was ask a question and his life got turned upside down. It doesn't matter if he received welfare or he doesnt pay his taxes. The answer is what was important.

I also hope the bitch who works for the state who went into his records gets fired and prosecuted, she is already being investigated.

No one should have looked through his records illegally, if that in fact is what happened.

Now, do you think Joe should have asked his question without lying? Yes or no?

What's unbelieveable is the media made the story about Joe, not Obama's answer.

I will bet you never heard Obama's complete answer.

Let's at least wait until Obama is inaugerated before we call him a failure.:eusa_hand:

wow david you are fucking deluisonal. Do you rub one out to a pic of Obama every night before you go to bed? The fascination you have with this man is almost fucking scary.

Yes, he has had hundreds of town halls, and he was questioned about associations etc.. However, thats all normal political campign shit.

All poor joe did was ask him a SIMPLE fucking question and Obama gave a contreversal answer. And what was the outcry? KILL JOE! HOW FUCKING DARE HE. After all Obama has done and been through how dare he question him.

Fuck that, what difference would it have made if some toothless crack whore who was homeless and asked the question and Obama gave the same answer.

No one forced him to go on Fox news, he did it on his own. I mean normal citizens are allowed to have a voice right? You don't have to be a politician or Sean Penn to be able to be heard...

Shit, why not let him seek a book deal. I hope he gets one and gets paid a shit load of money for it. Wouldn't you?

So he can't have the opinion to think that Obama will be the "death of Isreal". That is what he fucking believes! Why should he get attacked, he isn't the one running for any kind of fucking office, his record doesn't have to be clean. He isn't running for President.

Hardly need to chill, glad to see you on this thread, as it was the other I was referring to.

oh I see so you were talking about something off topic in here and expected others to know? :cuckoo:

The left is doing to Joe, Palin what they did to GW. I've no excuses for GW, he made his own bed. He could have responded but didn't. The others, well they got caught up in the hell that's become the US electoral system.

hmmm wasn't it Fox news who reported Joe was on welfare? wasn't it fox news who first broke the "McCain insiders" comments about Palin? yep. If I were a repub I'd be terrified of what they'll say about Bush once he leaves office. Who knows what kind of information they've been sitting on all this time..... :eek:

Joe in particular had the audacity to ask a freaking question, it's haunted him ever since. The left? They said he seeked the limelight. From his yard? Obama walked up to him. Of course since he's a working stiff, in a working stiff neighborhood the assumption would be he'd like what Obama was selling, but he didn't. He aspired for a different future. The absolute audacity! He's paid for it ever since. Yes, a public official is now on paid leave, being investigated for misusing information available to her.

he asked a question, which Obama answered quite nicely and John McCain took a milisecond out of it and twisted it into an entire stump speech. Took the comment completely out of context and ignored the fact that Joe the Plumber's story was based on completely falsehoods.

I think people think he sought the limelight because it was really odd how he happened to be right there and ask a question based on a total lie and how McCain just happened to know he asked it. Seems like a plant to me.

You all condone these big brother actions? Good luck to hanging onto the freedoms you were so concerned with regarding Patriot Act. The One might just as well put forth, the 'right wing act' and you'd all jump onto it, never recognizing they'll be coming for you.

What big brother act are you referring to? I think it's safe to assume that had John McCain not made Joe the face of his entire campaign following the last debate people would've forgotten about him and his question. Instead we got Joe the Plumber, Pepe the brick layer, Tina the realtor and any number of stupid variations on that theme.

Joe went on the stump for McCain, he kind of asked for the attention IMO.

No one should have looked through his records illegally, if that in fact is what happened.

Do you understand that there is a difference between welfare and redistributing wealth? If you don't then that explains everything that is wrong with the current welfare system.

Joe the Plumber was destroyed because he lied. He tried to make something about himself more than he was. He was at the very least, a huge idiot and hypocrite.

Okay, Joe Not the Plumber is not "destroyed". This is probably the best thing that ever happened to him. He's got his own "think tank" website now, which is allegedly a forum for conservative ideas, but I checked it out and its just a way for him to sell Joe the Plumber t-shirts and make money for himself.

Joe thrust himself in the public limelight, and is on Fox News and on the campaign trail offering "policy" advice. LOL. Can you imagine policy advice from Joe Not the Plumber? Good times!

I actually don't care if he got welfare. Or, more accurately, it sounds like his parents did. I just wish he could fess up and admit he benefited from a great liberal program that was started and strengthened by FDR and LBJ, among other liberals. And was always actively oppossed by the conservative movement.

Dawn,

To me it doesn't even matter? HE can be poor, rich, middle class. It don't matter. Citizens have the right to question politicans regardless of THEIR OWN situation in life.

Even if Joe is 40 years away from buying a plumbing agency he still has the right to ask Obama any question he wants. The guy is runnin gfor the highest office in the country/world.

We have the right to ask anything without fear of being demoralized by the media

Dawn,

To me it doesn't even matter? HE can be poor, rich, middle class. It don't matter. Citizens have the right to question politicans regardless of THEIR OWN situation in life.

Even if Joe is 40 years away from buying a plumbing agency he still has the right to ask Obama any question he wants. The guy is runnin gfor the highest office in the country/world.

We have the right to ask anything without fear of being demoralized by the media

Any citizen can ask any question.

He wasn't a plumber, and he wasn't on the verge of buying a company that netted 250k. He made it all up.

I don't know how you were raised, but if you lie, you're going to get mocked and humiliated. That's how most people roll.

and why did the media even inquire if he was a plumber and what not

They did it to dig dirt up on him cause he made Obama look bad

Dawn,

Apparently not but since no private citizen will get to ask Obama a question again, I think we're all safe. That's it folks (as porkey pig would say). That was our big chance.

Dawn,

Agreed. Joe had the right to ask a question, though it wasn't he that sought out Obama. His asking a question that resulted in a 'misspeak' shouldn't have led to his popularity, much less the investigations and reports of his past, he was not the one running for office.

Why nothing on the background of some of the fools off youtube? Well they didn't lead to the 'spread the wealth' meme.

Well Joe's question, nor Barack's answer didn't derail Obama's election. So why not leave the guy alone?

For freaking out loud! I post about something Obama does or says and I'm slammed for 'not giving him a chance.'

If he's so freaking wonderful, why can't the left write about what he's doing or planning on doing? Oh I know, they don't know. Really, they don't know sh** about him or his plans. They have hope for change or belief in change or belief in hope, I get confused on their agenda.

So the left is left with attacking the party and officials that lost and a plumber. Going to be a great time ahead. :cuckoo:

I don't know Kath, I think there's a legitimate reason to criticize this guy now. He was used directly by the McCain campaign to promote the idea, through his own words, that redistributing the wealth is bad policy, meanwhile he himself benefitted from just such a policy.

To me, that's morally and ethically wrong.

Forum List

Back