Joe Scarborough on Glenn Beck: He's terrible for the conservative movement

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
The fact that Scarborough ran with this at all, and did so while mentioning Karl Rove more than once exposes the deep rift within the Republican Party between the tea party contingent and the more traditional right wingers. Peter Wehner is no moderate and has been vocal more than once about his feelings when it comes to Glenn Beck. It's clear there's a subterranean power struggle inside the GOP between the wild, manic Beckian contingent led by the likes of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman and Jim DeMint, and the usual conservative but not batsh*t crazy wing led by the Karl Rove contingent. It remains to be seen who will win.
Joe Scarborough on Glenn Beck: He's terrible for the conservative movement | Crooks and Liars

MSNBC doesn't have any original material, so they have to comment on what other networks are doing. :lol: At least I got to hear some of what Glenn Beck has to say. The only time I ever learn anything about Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity or Sarah Palin is when people post it here.

I find developing my own opinions, based on facts, so much more relevant than getting them from others. Just a little tip I thought I'd share.

Better to comment on what other networks are doing that just openly making crap up like Fox does.

Another Soros Media Matters find? What does it mean when left wingers take the time to remind conservatives that "Glen Beck is terrible for the conservative movement"? The radical left wing has had a change of heart and suddenly care about the conservative movement? The radical left is warning the right wing out of the goodness of their little hearts? Yeah right. The dirty tricksters on the left are pathetic.

Another Soros Media Matters find? What does it mean when left wingers take the time to remind conservatives that "Glen Beck is terrible for the conservative movement"? The radical left wing has had a change of heart and suddenly care about the conservative movement? The radical left is warning the right wing out of the goodness of their little hearts? Yeah right. The dirty tricksters on the left are pathetic.

Joe Scarborough is a conservative you nitwit.

The fact that Scarborough ran with this at all, and did so while mentioning Karl Rove more than once exposes the deep rift within the Republican Party between the tea party contingent and the more traditional right wingers. Peter Wehner is no moderate and has been vocal more than once about his feelings when it comes to Glenn Beck. It's clear there's a subterranean power struggle inside the GOP between the wild, manic Beckian contingent led by the likes of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachman and Jim DeMint, and the usual conservative but not batsh*t crazy wing led by the Karl Rove contingent. It remains to be seen who will win.
Joe Scarborough on Glenn Beck: He's terrible for the conservative movement | Crooks and Liars

That was such a perfect example of a total meltdown by Glenn Beck. Republicans, conservatives, etc., who are brave enough to say so are absolutely correct about that maniac being a huge black mark against their efforts. At some point long after he crashes and burns, I suspect someone will do an updated version of "Network" with the Howard Beale character being Glenn Beck.

The irony is that the final speech by Howard Beale referred to happenings in the early 70's, which ultimately the country survived, of course. The similarities are amazing.

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be! We know things are bad - worse than bad, They're crazy! It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone!' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone! I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad! You've got to say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!" So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now, and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
Howard Beale

You must be too young to remember that not too long ago Republicans and Democrats, while always at odds regarding ideological viewpoints, managed to actually compromise on issues, and they did that by talking to each other as adults, not relying on the RANTS and RAVINGS of maniacal ideologues.

The flamethrowers and fringers had better start paying attention. Their voices eventually will be drowned out by reality.

51ybyKUmyNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Not by today's definition. Neither was Reagan. Hell - neither was Goldwater! :lol:

Yep...they truly truly care. It comes right up from the depths of their black little hearts too. ;):razz:

Last edited:
Poor Joey, he must not have any more IMPROTANT things to talk about and he's stupid to boot.

If I remember, Beck isn't a conservative, he's a libertarian.

I find developing my own opinions, based on facts, so much more relevant than getting them from others. Just a little tip I thought I'd share.

I too from my own opinions; Glen Beck and George W. Bush are prime examples of dry drunks.

Here's another opinion of mine.... I'd rather be a dry drunk, than a fucking idiot. I respect people who overcome their additions. When you overcome your addiction to blatant stupidity, I'll respect you too.

lol...right, you are a classic California girl..all drama no substance, and all about yourself.

I bet you can relate to every topic you have posted in because its happened to you.

I see your basic comprehension class hasn't started yet. Good luck when it does. Seriously. I look forward to you actually responding to the words written instead of your fantasy.

That was such a perfect example of a total meltdown by Glenn Beck. Republicans, conservatives, etc., who are brave enough to say so are absolutely correct about that maniac being a huge black mark against their efforts. At some point long after he crashes and burns, I suspect someone will do an updated version of "Network" with the Howard Beale character being Glenn Beck.

The irony is that the final speech by Howard Beale referred to happenings in the early 70's, which ultimately the country survived, of course. The similarities are amazing.

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be! We know things are bad - worse than bad, They're crazy! It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone!' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone! I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad! You've got to say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!" So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now, and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
Howard Beale
The Howard Beale analogy is spot on. But rather than have the on-air meltdown, I think it would be poetic justice if Beck did a Lonesome Rhodes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SlobJX_Fl8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SlobJX_Fl8[/ame]

Last edited:

Howard Beale
The Howard Neale analogy is spot on. But rather than have the on-air meltdown, I think it would be poetic justice if Beck did a Lonesome Rhodes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SlobJX_Fl8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SlobJX_Fl8[/ame]

Everyone on this board who is interested in politics should see this movie. I find it closer to Rush than Beck, though. Lonesome Rhodes doesn't really spew crazy talk and conspiracies, and I think the cult angle is more in line with Rush's success.

Old political movies can be very instructive.

Forum List

Back