Joe Biden Promised a Public Option for Health Care. What Happened to It?

He also promised not to raise taxes on people earning less than $400,000.

i tweeted this story to Biden's Chief Of Staff Ron Klain. i don't think he'll get back to me

We are at a new low, in terms of Americans without healthcare. What kind of Gawdawfal condition do you have, that you cannot get healthcare on the open market or the government market? I understand the Affordable Healthcare thing has been funding extended.

We are at a new low, in terms of Americans without healthcare. What kind of Gawdawfal condition do you have, that you cannot get healthcare on the open market or the government market? I understand the Affordable Healthcare thing has been funding extended.
The Affordable Healthcare thing is corporate welfare.

Why can’t people get it on the exchange? People with low incomes pay around $30 a month, with co-pays subsidized.

The Affordable Healthcare thing is corporate welfare.
It really is, for small corporations. When it came into existence, several quit offering access to a healthcare plan in benefits to employees. Everything often cuts both ways.

You have such an option, it's called Canada.

How does a 7 hour wait for an ambulance which ends, not surprisingly, in death suit you?

Truly excellent OP! Congratulations basquebromance !

The linked article from the radical left Jacobin Magazine itself links to many other excellent articles on this issue. The authors ask a good question!

The authors are not with Jacobin however, but from Lever, a source new to me but that seems non-partisan and well researched. See: The Lever

I opposed Obama’s “Affordable Care Act” originally when he abandoned any “Public Option” proposal. Today, as then, Republican politicians vehemently and universally oppose any “Public Options” — though Americans certainly should have such choices.

Later I was convinced that Obama’s ACA was at least a first step, that it might later be amended to include a “Public Option” in one form or another. The proposal should be taken up again, and could even be adopted in some form, but only if the obstructionist McConnell and Trump wings of the Republican Party self-destruct or — somewhat miraculously — get swept away in the next two elections.

Whatever, I congratulate basquebromance for bringing this to our attention.

Truly excellent OP! Congratulations basquebromance !

The linked article from the radical left Jacobin Magazine itself links to many other excellent articles on this issue. The authors ask a good question!

The authors are not with Jacobin however, but from Lever, a source new to me but that seems non-partisan and well researched: The Lever

I opposed Obama’s “Affordable Care Act” originally he abandoned all “Public Option” proposals. Today as then Republicans are vehemently and universally against a “Public Option,” though Americans certainly should have such choices. Later I was convinced that it was at least a first step, that it might later be amended to include a “Public Option” in one form or another. The proposal should be taken up again, and could even be adopted in some form, but only if the obstructionist McConnell and Trump wings of the Republican Party self-destruct or — somewhat miraculously — get swept away in the next two elections.

Whatever, I congratulate basquebromance for bringing this to our attention.
lol you're welcome

i tweeted this story to Biden's Chief Of Staff Ron Klain. i don't think he'll get back to me

A public option would not survive the Senate. Manchin and Sinema would oppose it.

But it is just a matter of time. The Republicans never had an Obamacare replacement. They lied to the rubes to get the majority in Congress.

Because of that, sooner or later there will be UHC in the US.

Who are his donors, I mean uhm, owners?
The Biden campaign has raised almost $47 million in personal donations from healthcare executives over the course of the 2020 cycle,

The money going to Biden has come from CEOs, vice presidents, and other C-suite executives, from companies that include Kaiser Permanente, Merck & Co., McKesson Corp., and Independence Blue Cross. Some of the executives donating to Biden are from companies at the forefront of the coronavirus-vaccine creation being pushed by Trump, such as Moderna.

The Biden campaign has raised almost $47 million in personal donations from healthcare executives over the course of the 2020 cycle,

The money going to Biden has come from CEOs, vice presidents, and other C-suite executives, from companies that include Kaiser Permanente, Merck & Co., McKesson Corp., and Independence Blue Cross. Some of the executives donating to Biden are from companies at the forefront of the coronavirus-vaccine creation being pushed by Trump, such as Moderna.

Great, thank you for that reference.

So who, or what, in this scenario is the root of the problem?

Last edited:

Maybe he got so excited about The Panty Raid he ordered THE FBI Gestapo to do on Melania's Underwear Drawer, he just forgot.
That or he shit himself and forgot.
Or just forgot.

Forum List

Back