Jobs Saved?

Republicans didn't want to hear about the number of jobs Obama saved. Remember? Now they're talking about how many jobs trump saved yesterday. Really? Because to me trump gave the company a huge tax break and we lost 1000 jobs yesterday

Indiana and Carrier made the agreement and Trump was instrumental to getting it done.

Carrier: State 'incentives' key to jobs deal

Carrier is getting a modest $7 million in financial incentives over the next 10 years from the state of Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs at an Indianapolis plant, sources familiar with the deal tells CNN.
That is just a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it expected to save if it had moved those jobs to Mexico. It suggests that the incentives cited by Carrier were not the only factor in its decision to stay put.

The company will get $500,000 per year in state income tax refunds, as long as it keeps at least 1,069 manufacturing jobs in the state.
Great so we lost 1000 jobs and gave the first of many million dollar tax breaks.

How do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks to EVERY corporation.
who are you referring to when you say "how do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks"?

Who is we?

Maybe North Carolina made a mistake voting for Trump???

Lowe's announces 525 layoffs; 430 at corporate office in Mooresville

MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Mooresville-based home improvement retailer Lowe’s announced Tuesday that it has laid off 525 employees, including approximately 430 from the corporate office in Mooresville.

There's 430 people wondering if they voted for the right guy. LOL. Are they better off than they were under Obama? Is Trump gaining or losing jobs? Red States Rule! LOL

More reason why Obama sucked... look at the mess trump inherited.

Trump is laying a big fat egg on the economy so far

Job growth whiffs badly in March; unemployment rate falls to 4.5%

What happened to the other 90,000 jobs? Trumps recovery sucks!!!

Indiana and Carrier made the agreement and Trump was instrumental to getting it done.

Carrier: State 'incentives' key to jobs deal

Carrier is getting a modest $7 million in financial incentives over the next 10 years from the state of Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs at an Indianapolis plant, sources familiar with the deal tells CNN.
That is just a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it expected to save if it had moved those jobs to Mexico. It suggests that the incentives cited by Carrier were not the only factor in its decision to stay put.

The company will get $500,000 per year in state income tax refunds, as long as it keeps at least 1,069 manufacturing jobs in the state.
Great so we lost 1000 jobs and gave the first of many million dollar tax breaks.

How do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks to EVERY corporation.
who are you referring to when you say "how do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks"?

Who is we?

MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Mooresville-based home improvement retailer Lowe’s announced Tuesday that it has laid off 525 employees, including approximately 430 from the corporate office in Mooresville.

There's 430 people wondering if they voted for the right guy. LOL. Are they better off than they were under Obama? Is Trump gaining or losing jobs? Red States Rule! LOL

yeppo, the GOP tied up the obumerfail replacement far too long that business were still impacted. Once the obumerfail is resolved, you will see more job numbers like February.

Who is we?

yeppo, the GOP tied up the obumerfail replacement far too long that business were still impacted. Once the obumerfail is resolved, you will see more job numbers like February.
Let us know when it starts.

February jobs were Obama's doing. Trumps numbers start now

It's estimated Obungle's automotive bailout cost the American taxpayers between 9.3 billion and 16.6 billion dollars depending on source....7 million is chump change

How much do you think it's going to cost to save coal? Nobody wants it, we have natural gas.
Oh, wait....Trump was just lying to the coal miners.

It's estimated Obungle's automotive bailout cost the American taxpayers between 9.3 billion and 16.6 billion dollars depending on source....7 million is chump change

How much do you think it's going to cost to save coal? Nobody wants it, we have natural gas.
Oil companies will gouge us on the GOP's watch. What will $4 gas cost us? But the oil companies will love it

Who is we?

ahhh look at you! you think you get to lead something. wrong. sorry bubba. your guy was out in january. oops. you get no hangovers except after your night's out.

Oil companies will gouge us on the GOP's watch. What will $4 gas cost us? But the oil companies will love it
:itsok:
200.gif

Who is we?

certainly.

certainly.
Oh I'll be back. I'm also concerned Republicans are going to get us into two new wars.

certainly.
Oh I'll be back. I'm also concerned Republicans are going to get us into two new wars.
well shit the dems have us fighting with Russia due to their fake russia collusion claim. wow, you should really watch to what you write about.

certainly.
well shit the dems have us fighting with Russia due to their fake russia collusion claim. wow, you should really watch to what you write about.

You been played son. Read this and thought about you

But the deal Trump negotiated with Carrier and its parent company, United Technologies, to “save” hundreds of jobs is a prime example of the philosophy. Trump brags about “saving” Midwestern blue-collar jobs through a combination of bribery and arm-twisting. Turns out hundreds more jobs will be lost

Donald Trump is actually a fascist

You all really need to stop whining....I mean really
You need to hold Republicans accountable. If he doesn't deliver why vote for him in 3 years?

He ‘lied his a– off’: Carrier union leader on Trump’s big deal

Of the nearly 1,700 workers at the Indianapolis plant, however, 350 in research and development were never scheduled to leave, Jones said. Another 80 jobs, which Trump seemed to include in his figure, were nonunion clerical and supervisory positions. (A Carrier spokesman confirmed that 800 factory jobs once earmarked for Mexico are staying.) And now the president-elect was applauding the company and giving it millions of dollars in tax breaks, even as hundreds of Indianapolis workers prepared to be laid off.

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,”

United Technologies still plans to send 700 factory jobs from Huntington, Ind., to Monterrey, Mexico.

certainly.

But the deal Trump negotiated with Carrier and its parent company, United Technologies, to “save” hundreds of jobs is a prime example of the philosophy. Trump brags about “saving” Midwestern blue-collar jobs through a combination of bribery and arm-twisting. Turns out hundreds more jobs will be lost

how so? you must be mad. A job is not forever. That is a natural progression. obsolescence will abolish most jobs, it is the art of transitioning that saves most of us. why do you think there is now an apple seven, when there was an apple six? front loader washing machine when the old was all top loaders. son, there is never a guarantee to a job and for those like you who do not know this well defines you as uneducated. By the way, the interesting piece in that article was this:

"When you call somebody a fascist, you can mean any number of things. Often, it means no more than “somebody I don’t like.” It is an all-purpose epithet, usable by anyone against everyone from university deans to Fox News anchors. For that reason, the label should be used sparingly — saved for special occasions. As with “Nazi” or “Hitler,” it is often said that in any discussion, the first person reduced to using such a word has lost the argument. It’s ridiculous to compare any living person to Hitler or Mussolini."

It's soo true. And again, defines the left.

certainly.

how so? you must be mad. A job is not forever. That is a natural progression. obsolescence will abolish most jobs, it is the art of transitioning that saves most of us. why do you think there is now an apple seven, when there was an apple six? front loader washing machine when the old was all top loaders. son, there is never a guarantee to a job and for those like you who do not know this well defines you as uneducated. By the way, the interesting piece in that article was this:

"When you call somebody a fascist, you can mean any number of things. Often, it means no more than “somebody I don’t like.” It is an all-purpose epithet, usable by anyone against everyone from university deans to Fox News anchors. For that reason, the label should be used sparingly — saved for special occasions. As with “Nazi” or “Hitler,” it is often said that in any discussion, the first person reduced to using such a word has lost the argument. It’s ridiculous to compare any living person to Hitler or Mussolini."

But you are the one that used the word fascist first. This article described you son.

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. All I'm doing is pointing out how Trump lied to blue collar voters.

certainly.

But you are the one that used the word fascist first. This article described you son.

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. All I'm doing is pointing out how Trump lied to blue collar voters.
I've never ever used the word, sorry libturd, that is a specialized word used by libs to lose arguments with. I don't utilize losing strategy.

certainly.

You do not strike me as someone who would be adept at transitioning from anything but one menial job to another but even if you are, you should take a look at what machine learning is capable of these days. There won't be many people who could transition into jobs that they won't be able to perform. I hope that once this becomes obvious to you, you can get behind some sort of guaranteed income program.

You all really need to stop whining....I mean really

Ever notice Republicans hold Democrats up to a much higher standard?

For the most part, the workers do not fault Mr. Trump for failing to preserve their jobs, even as he took credit for keeping the Indianapolis plant open.

“I support him 100 percent,” said Tami Barnett, a 27-year veteran who left at the end of March. “I was very pleased he saved the jobs in Indianapolis. Do I wish he could have saved mine? Absolutely. But he did his best.” Did Republicans ever say that about Obama? He did his best? LOL

Susan Cropper, 55, who works in the plant with her sister, Sandy VanDiver, 58, said she did not regret voting for Mr. Trump in November, either. “I’m glad he stepped in, but it’s a letdown,” she said, adding that most of her fury was reserved for Carrier and its executives.

Asked about the failure to keep the Huntington plant open, a White House spokesman said last week that Mr. Trump was “incredibly proud to work with United Technologies to save nearly 1,000 jobs in Indiana and will continue to work with major companies to ensure he is doing all he can to increase American manufacturing, job creation and economic growth.”

Huntington’s mayor, Brooks Fetters, admits when pressed to being frustrated that he never heard back from Mr. Pence’s office after he called late last year to find out why Huntington was not helped.

“Right or wrong, that’s where we are,” said Mr. Fetters, a moderate Republican. “We’re not in panic mode.”

Forum List

Back