Jobs Report

Early reports are often wrong but this just cleared the wires:

The economy added 157,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department reported today, a sharp downturn from 248,000 in June.

Average hourly private-sector earnings were up 2.7 percent over the previous year, unchanged from June. The unemployment rate was 3.9 percent, down from 4 percent in June.

Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg had predicted the creation of 190,000 jobs.

The trade wars are causing mass uncertainty in the hiring market.
Yeah, and I read in BusinessWeek yesterday about the inverted yield curve. I'll see if I can get the link.
The U.S. Yield Curve Is Sending the Right Signals

The economy added 157,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department reported today, a sharp downturn from 248,000 in June.

Average hourly private-sector earnings were up 2.7 percent over the previous year, unchanged from June. The unemployment rate was 3.9 percent, down from 4 percent in June.

157,000 jobs is a disgrace

The Great Obama gave us over 200,000

I almost feel bad picking on MikeTX. I know he's barely above functionally retarded.

This is the same guy that could not grasp the concept that a gun that fires 600 rounds per minute didn't actually have to hold 600 rounds.

Statistics are bullshit.
When GE sent 25,000 factories to China everybody was thrilled about GDP.
Big fuckng deal that factory investors were making tons of money.
NYC and LI are bursting at the seams with employed people and the bullshit Open Borders media is having a shit fit.

Last edited:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that you weren't one of the 157,000 that got a job

Where I live people are hiring all over and businesses are springing up.

Hope it continues.

Take a look at those ads, will they feed a family of 4. Are they part time jobs without benefits. The paper is full of them here, but they are not good paying jobs of any substance and many are seasonal.

More liberal butt hurt. Where I live they can't find enough people to work.

Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Do you idiots think anything through?
Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.
All of 'em.

Where I live people are hiring all over and businesses are springing up.

Hope it continues.

Take a look at those ads, will they feed a family of 4. Are they part time jobs without benefits. The paper is full of them here, but they are not good paying jobs of any substance and many are seasonal.

Jobs are jobs and there are more jobs then there are people to fill them.

It really takes a demented piece of shit to delight in posting bad news about the US economy, then again it's probably just bullshit cut and pasted from the Daily Kos like most libturd threads are.

Then these malignant pieces of genetic garbage wonder why they're regarded as vermin by patriotic adults.

Remember how you and your fellow far rightwing piss-aunts were delighting in bad news so much, that you actually had to make it up during the last Administration?

Wha happened?

hey-wha-happened.jpg
No liar I don't remember that at all. Obuttboy did enough bad things so that we didn't have to make anything up.

Remember how you and your fellow far rightwing piss-aunts were delighting in bad news so much, that you actually had to make it up during the last Administration?

No, because we didn't own the news then anymore than we do now.

We were not happy about the 8 years of malaise and stagnation. Imbeciles like you pretended massive unemployment was a good thing.

Are you REALLY that stupid?

I mean... come on...

Only a fool would look at the most recent 1 month jobs report and make any conclusion. Those numbers are always revised, and therefore unreliable for policy or predictions. Candybrain at her best.
A Better Way To Think About This Month’s Jobs Numbers
What usually goes unreported is how uncertain the length of that last bar is. The number behind it is an estimate that comes with a range: The bar could be taller by 120,000 jobs or shorter by 120,000 jobs … there’s a 90 percent chance that the actual number is somewhere in that pretty sizable span. So, a report might announce that jobs were lost one month (a worrying trend) when actually the economy experienced a small bump (that happened in September of last year).

Only a fool would look at the most recent 1 month jobs report and make any conclusion. Those numbers are always revised, and therefore unreliable for policy or predictions. .

You mean stuff like this from the BLS ESS release ?....

"The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for May was revised up from +244,000 to
+268,000, and the change for June was revised up from +213,000 to +248,000. With these
revisions, employment gains in May and June combined were 59,000 more than previously
reported. (Monthly revisions result from additional reports received from businesses and
government agencies since the last published estimates and from the recalculation of
seasonal factors.) After revisions, job gains have averaged 224,000 per month over the

last 3 months."

The partisan drones can't be bothered to look at the details in the data since it gets in the way of using nothing but the headline to make their worthless political "points", they'd rather remain willfully ignorant and feed their confirmation bias than to understand what it is they're talking about. :dunno:

Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.

Here’s some stats. Bet you wish you hadn’t asked....hmm?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/
Therefore, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of more than $72,000 during their lifetimes, Camarota says. Including costs for their US-born children, the fiscal drain jumps to more than $94,000.

While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The cost of the DREAM Act has been estimated as very large — a $26 billion net cost in the first 10 years,” Camarota noted.

Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that 3 million DREAM Act recipients would receive an estimated $12 billion-plus in ObamaCare subsidies, more than $5.5 billion in Medicaid benefits, $5.5 billion in earned-income and child-tax credits and more than $2 billion in food stamps.

Here’s some stats. Bet you wish you hadn’t asked....hmm?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/
Therefore, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of more than $72,000 during their lifetimes, Camarota says. Including costs for their US-born children, the fiscal drain jumps to more than $94,000.

While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The cost of the DREAM Act has been estimated as very large — a $26 billion net cost in the first 10 years,” Camarota noted.

Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that 3 million DREAM Act recipients would receive an estimated $12 billion-plus in ObamaCare subsidies, more than $5.5 billion in Medicaid benefits, $5.5 billion in earned-income and child-tax credits and more than $2 billion in food stamps.

That's why every illegal in this country should be kicked out. They are costing we the taxpayer up the ass every year.

Forum List

Back