Jobs Report

The jobs report - IMO - was a mixed bag.

On the plus side? 157,000 is a decent number - though the Establishment survey is tarnished by the ridiculous Birth Death model. But the Household Survey (what the U-3 is based on) was up a whopping 389,000. ALso, the U-6 was way down from 7.8% to 7.5%.
Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization
Plus, the employment-population ratio (to me a FAR better barometer of employment than the joke U-3) was even up to the highest it has been since 2009. Though the ratio has been steadily rising - off and on - since 2014...so Trumpbots, don't freak out now.
But all of this is good.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The bad news?

Wages and the types of jobs created since April.

Wages were up 2.7% annually (which is less than the inflation rate). And both average weekly hours and average weekly wages were down.
And before you claim 'summer jobs did that'? These numbers are not raw - they are seasonally adjusted.

Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted

Finally, there is this chart:

workers%20educational%20level.jpg

It's Not All Good: Here Is The Real Problem Deep Inside The Jobs Report

It basically shows that since the tariffs have started to bite - jobs are going more to the less educated. And they generally make less money than the educated.

This explains why though the jobs numbers have been generally good - wages are not growing that well and are, in fact, no longer keeping pace with inflation.

And that is bad.

Always look past the headlines.

I heard an economist today puzzling over this. He said in such a tight market he would expect wages to go up. However he said part of it might be older, higher-earning workers retire as younger workers are now able to find jobs. He's thinking we'll see an uptick in wages soon, but who knows.

On the plus side? 157,000 is a decent number - though the Establishment survey is tarnished by the ridiculous Birth Death model. But the Household Survey (what the U-3 is based on) was up a whopping 389,000. ALso, the U-6 was way down from 7.8% to 7.5%.
Plus, the employment-population ratio (to me a FAR better barometer of employment than the joke U-3) was even up to the highest it has been since 2009. Though the ratio has been steadily rising - off and on - since 2014...so Trumpbots, don't freak out now.
But all of this is good.

The bad news?

Wages were up 2.7% annually (which is less than the inflation rate). And both average weekly hours and average weekly wages were down.
And before you claim 'summer jobs did that'? These numbers are not raw - they are seasonally adjusted.

It basically shows that since the tariffs have started to bite - jobs are going more to the less educated. And they generally make less money than the educated.

This explains why though the jobs numbers have been generally good - wages are not growing that well and are, in fact, no longer keeping pace with inflation.

And that is bad.

/----/ I don't see a downside with the less educated getting work. Unless I'm missing something, why is that a bad thing? Don't the Libtards scream JOBS JOBS JOBS for the working class?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.

Yes, that's the first place they go! Right to the nearest Welfare Office where some friendly government worker signs them up with no documentation required.
well actually I witnessed it last month at the SS office in my local area. Dude, there 50 people in the waiting room, five besides my wife and I weren't mexicans. So go take a personal visit and look at the SS offices.

They were illegal or just mexican?

Or that's the same thing to you, right?
since I didn't call them illegals then I didn't mean illegals. I merely gave you my experience. you don't have to comment on it, I found it odd that there were mostly young mexicans at a Federal US office looking for SS help. Not old codgers looking to get SS for retirement like my wife. way to show where your mind is, btw.

Last edited:
More liberal butt hurt. Where I live they can't find enough people to work.

Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Do you idiots think anything through?
Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.
Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

LOL. The same anti-immigration source as the NY Post article. Do you even care?
again, there is no such thing as anti-immigration, it is anti illegal alien. how many fking times do you turds need the lesson? can't you fks ever grasp anything?

Last edited:
Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

again, there is no such thing as anti-immigration, it is anti illegal alien. how many fking times do you turds need the lesson? can't you fks ever grasp anything?
They are just lying, they know what it means.

But all of this is good.

The bad news?

And that is bad.

I heard an economist today puzzling over this. He said in such a tight market he would expect wages to go up. However he said part of it might be older, higher-earning workers retire as younger workers are now able to find jobs. He's thinking we'll see an uptick in wages soon, but who knows.

Fair enough.

More liberal butt hurt. Where I live they can't find enough people to work.

Not if they're ILLEGAL.

They are just lying, they know what it means.

They're just lying or incredibly stupid.

Reading this thread, it's clear the Democrats have two fat losing issues on their hands going into the mid-terms: Trump's booming economy and immigration.

The only thing they can do is whip up more mindless Trump Hate. That's it. That's all they've got.

It would be funny if it weren't so dangerous. Either way, it sure is pathetic.
The economy did not help Obama in 2010, he still lost the House

Only conservatives obsess over immigration. Most Americans were repulsed by Trumps separating families and DACA
Nobody loses sleep over the wall

Forum List

Back