Jobs for Vets With Maintenance Skills

none in my area, and when I apply they tell me I have been out of the field too long, which I reply, do nutz screw differently now, are electronics not being used as once before.Then they tell me they are using logic controls, and I tell them that it's a step ladder programming that is either a one or a zero switching for the desired programmed action..They tell me, we'll let you know later..And still I sit here and start looking again...They don't want older men, they want younger men..So much for hoping..

Have you asked if they would consider you if you took a few refresher courses?
none in my area, and when I apply they tell me I have been out of the field too long, which I reply, do nutz screw differently now, are electronics not being used as once before.Then they tell me they are using logic controls, and I tell them that it's a step ladder programming that is either a one or a zero switching for the desired programmed action..They tell me, we'll let you know later..And still I sit here and start looking again...They don't want older men, they want younger men..So much for hoping..

Why? When I already know the process..Before I was an electronic tech specializing in frequency motor control systems...In the military an anti-armor missile system tech..I have had computer OS and programming classes in college lately and keep up with all the new tech stuff....Yet they hire people like minorities for the tax break, even if they do not know what they are doing...I've seen it done for 30 years...

Sorry for your experience.
I would imagine that if those skill sets are an essential part of those businesses and they hired as you say, they are no longer around today as that is bad business practice.
Why? When I already know the process..Before I was an electronic tech specializing in frequency motor control systems...In the military an anti-armor missile system tech..I have had computer OS and programming classes in college lately and keep up with all the new tech stuff....Yet they hire people like minorities for the tax break, even if they do not know what they are doing...I've seen it done for 30 years...

Forum List

Back