Jobs for Americans! Anybody interested?

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
There are thousands of jobs open to American citizens right now. Anybody know someone out of work who needs a job? There's no reason to be unemployed!

Here's the details: A typical work week is 42 hours, though that average varies widely and depends upon the weather and circumstances. During season, the work day may be 12-14 hours per day, 6 1/2 days per week. The pay normally begins at $6.76-$7.25 per hour and tops out at around $8 per hour after 6 years, depending upon the employer. Benefits are not usually provided, but the average yearly income of $10,000-$12,499 is below the poverty level, so Medicaid is probably available....maybe.

The jobs provide a critical service to the nation as without someone doing the work, most American's would starve.

Anybody interested? Why not?

Here's the work:

Attachments

• $Migrant-Farm-Workers-Are-the-Backbone-of-the-Agricultural-Industry-300x151.jpg
    $Migrant-Farm-Workers-Are-the-Backbone-of-the-Agricultural-Industry-300x151.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 67
Why not, you ask?

What laid off office worker is going to jump into their Ford Focus at their suburban tract home and commute several hours to pick peas one month, commute 16 hours to pick strawberries another month, and so on.

It's called migratory work for a reason. And that is why migrant workers do what Americans won't do. Americans won't do migratory work for 20 dollars an hour, much less 7. It just isn't compatible with a life that has dug in roots. You have to uproot yourself and your family several times a year to do migratory work.

This is why every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force to do the shit jobs.

Last edited:
Why not, you ask?

What laid off office worker is going to jump into their Ford Focus at their suburban tract home and commute several hours to pick peas one month, commute 16 hours to pick strawberries another month, and so on.

It's called migratory work for a reason. And that is why migrant workers do what Americans won't do. Americans won't do migratory work for 20 dollars an hour, much less 7. It just isn't compatible with a life that has dug in roots. You have to uproot yourself and your family several times a year to do migratory work.

This is why every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force to do the shit jobs.

Yeah. Sometimes you hafta make concessions and adapt. The jobs are there. Excuses for not taking them are just that: excuses. And, we all know what those are like, don't we?

There are thousands of jobs open to American citizens right now. Anybody know someone out of work who needs a job? There's no reason to be unemployed!

Here's the details: A typical work week is 42 hours, though that average varies widely and depends upon the weather and circumstances. During season, the work day may be 12-14 hours per day, 6 1/2 days per week. The pay normally begins at $6.76-$7.25 per hour and tops out at around $8 per hour after 6 years, depending upon the employer. Benefits are not usually provided, but the average yearly income of $10,000-$12,499 is below the poverty level, so Medicaid is probably available....maybe.

The jobs provide a critical service to the nation as without someone doing the work, most American's would starve.

Here's the work:

There certainly was a time Americans did that job, and lots of others besides. That was because sitting on one's ass getting paid to do nothing wasn't an option.

That's a nice setup isn't NamVet? Corporations such as Cargil exploit Illegal Alien Slave Labor for a nice profit then dump all the societal costs (Hospital Care, Education of Anchor Babies, Increased Crime) on the local populace who get to pay for it all through Increased Taxes.

What NamVet won't acknowledge is that while the Illegals ARE getting Slave Labor Wages, they are also getting Welfare, at Taxpayer expense! Prove me wrong about that NamVet! Call me out in the Bull Ring if ya' got the balls.

So yeah, Americans won't do that job for just 12K a year, but they WOULD do it for 12K PLUS Welfare!

That's a nice setup isn't NamVet? Corporations such as Cargil exploit Illegal Alien Slave Labor for a nice profit then dump all the societal costs (Hospital Care, Education of Anchor Babies, Increased Crime) on the local populace who get to pay for it all through Increased Taxes.

What NamVet won't acknowledge is that while the Illegals ARE getting Slave Labor Wages, they are also getting Welfare, at Taxpayer expense! Prove me wrong about that NamVet! Call me out in the Bull Ring if ya' got the balls.

So yeah, Americans won't do that job for just 12K a year, but they WOULD do it for 12K PLUS Welfare!

By welfare, are you equating food stamps for those who have a 4 year work history, or do you refer to something else? No dis intented, I'm just trying to track your thought.

I had this thought too, Old Guy. The unemployed are largely old and not capable of the labor, or they're simply not interested in working. If we REALLy wanted to reform welfare to as to only give aid to adults laid off and kids in poverty, we could. But it might cost more in the short term to have free breakfast and lunch at schools/churchs 12 mos a year.

Here ya' go NamVet, a chance to educate yourself. Maybe for the first time in your whole life.

Confirmed: Majority of Illegal Immigrants Receive Government Welfare | The Gateway Pundit

Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies

Let me guess, NamVet will say: "That's not a trusted News Source!", which is what bitches say when they get punked.

So, immigrant workers have kids getting schips and food stamps. IF they're doing jobs that otherwise go unfilled, how is this a problem? Their kids will be, or are, Americans.

The option is to only give food assistance by directly feeding children or people with medicaid cards, and increasing the minimum wage to a liveable wage, but there's no political will to do that.

Is immigration down? I've read somewhere that immigration is down from historic highs of a few years ago. How many crops have rotted on the vine since there are now less migrants to come in and save us?

Know anything about Farm profits? How are they, good or bad?
Know anything about the Georgia program that proposed to have prison labor pick crops in Georgia since they adopted such stringent immigration laws? Did that ever pan out? I mean less immigrants means we're all starving. Anything?

Why not, you ask?

I guarantee Americans will do those jobs for $20/hr. It's just that people will not pay that much for good food & farmers can't afford to pay those kind of wages.

Here's the work:

Just as I always said, the reason liberals are all for illegal or legal immigration is to get their lettuce picked on the cheap.

I guarantee Americans will do those jobs for $20/hr. It's just that people will not pay that much for good food & farmers can't afford to pay those kind of wages.

Well, actually if you look at this report by UC Davis on economics of growing organic leaf lettuce:

http://coststudies.ucdavis.edu/files/lettuceleaforganiccc09.pdf

The cost to harvest a box of 24 heads of lettuce is $2.15, or about 9 cents a head. That assumes $10/wage and 35% "payroll overhead." - according to the study.

Then you need to note that the cost of the box to pack the lettuce in is almost as much as the labor to fill it.

So, in turn farmers could pay harvesters $20 per hour, and consumer would pay less than a dime more per head of organic leaf lettuce.

Here's the work:

Just as I always said, the reason liberals are all for illegal or legal immigration is to get their lettuce picked on the cheap.

Legal immigration is a vital component of a strong economy.

Here's the work:

Legal immigration is a vital component of a strong economy.

Why? It maybe the result but not a component, in my opinion.

I just thought that maybe all those who start thread after thread after thread about illegals would want to jump on those jobs so the "wetbacks" would self-deport. Isn't that the preferred method?

But, of course, we all knew better than that, didn't we? No "right" thinking American wants to spend his day humped over in the fields, for any price. They'd rather sit back with a nice lunch provided by immigrants and bitch about the very people who put food on their plate and call them lazy and stupid and welfare cheats.

How "conservative" is that?

I just thought that maybe all those who start thread after thread after thread about illegals would want to jump on those jobs so the "wetbacks" would self-deport. Isn't that the preferred method?

But, of course, we all knew better than that, didn't we? No "right" thinking American wants to spend his day humped over in the fields, for any price. They'd rather sit back with a nice lunch provided by immigrants and bitch about the very people who put food on their plate and call them lazy and stupid and welfare cheats.

You can only speak for yourself.

Of course if slave labor pay that is no better then welfare no one is going to work. No one is posting thread after thread about immigration, only the LL. What apparently you want is slaves not a decent work environment or livable wage.

really For any price???? I think you must be joking......you give me a million per year, and I am down!!!!!!!!!

And what is it about mexicans? They just love that kind of work????

really For any price???? I think you must be joking......you give me a million per year, and I am down!!!!!!!!!

And what is it about mexicans? They just love that kind of work???? And why use wetbacks????Oh is that supposed to represent conservatives, and liberals like you would never use them but in strawman arguements associating that language to conservatives....aha!!!

Forum List

Back