Jobless claims INCREASE 17,000 last week.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
I am still not buying into this theory that the economy is recovering. O'Reilly gave Obama a B on his economic policy, he gets a D- from me. Business has gone bare bones, there is very few they can lay off anymore and still keep their doors open. Even if they have the capitol to expand and hire they fear doing so as they are uncertain about what Health Care Reform and Cap and Trade are going to do to them.

Obama has surrounded himself with academics and intellectuals. According to Senator Hatch he has no one in his administration that has ever operated a business, met a payroll or has ANY experience in the private sector. The private sector is the economic engine of this country, and Obama listens to no-one that has that experience and practical knowledge.

Initial Jobless Claims Average in U.S. Falls to One-Year Low - Bloomberg.com

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- The average number of Americans filing first-time claims for unemployment benefits over the past four weeks dropped to a one-year low, indicating companies are gaining confidence as the economy recovers.

The four-week average declined to 473,750 last week from 481,500, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. Initial jobless claims, which are more volatile, unexpectedly rose by 17,000 to 474,000 in the week ended Dec. 5.

Last edited:
So actually, Senator Hatch gave the Adminstration an A+++ for not having any of the storm drain scum, who caused it all, in his administration. The people who caused it all run businesses and corporations.

On the other hand, Senator Hatch gave the Administration an F--- for in fact having some of the educated storm drain scum, who caused it all, on the staff. The Secretary of Labor, who seemingly eats like a bird, (twice her bodyweight every day), who is an occasional Adminstration speaker on the economy--is only one example.

These people actually live on the same planet, and in the Administration, even work in different offices(?)!

Clearly, teaching is not possible, at any grade level, without the doctoral degree: Unless it is believed that some kids are better than other kids, and that all the other kids are not worth the extra effort. And then there is the wrong stuff that does get taught(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Storm Drain Scum stinks, clearly!)

Mascale, those kids who are too stupid to be taught should be trained to do manual labor instead of wasting taxpayer's money sending them all the way through high school.

IQ's below 90 can still work with their hands.

As previously noted, Jobless Claims did not increase by 17,000 last week. That is the insane lie the horribly corrupt Obama administration wants the Sheeple to believe.

Unemployment insurance claims actually skyrocked by 204,703 from the previous week. Most people in the United States are totally oblivious to it and all of the insane lies of this criminal administration.

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 664,865 in the week ending Dec. 5, an increase of 204,703 from the previous week.

Hi Maple:

I am still not buying into this theory that the economy is recovering. O'Reilly gave Obama a B on his economic policy, he gets a D- from me. Business has gone bare bones, there is very few they can lay off anymore and still keep their doors open. Even if they have the capitol to expand and hire they fear doing so as they are uncertain about what Health Care Reform and Cap and Trade are going to do to them.

We agree. A member of my family has worked at a large masonry contracting firm since 1964 and we had more than 350 employees in good times. However, today the doors are closed and the chief estimator (my brother) cannot buy a job. The reason is that other contractors are using more than their fair share of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals to lower prices and undercut the competition. Foremen who have worked since the 1970's are now signing up for unemployment and food stamps, because all the masonry companies have people laid off 'and' (more importantly), the contractors are fighting over Illegal Aliens to lower the overhead. Fewer people are being laid off, because there is nobody left to lay off in many cases.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUNED2gRms8&feature=sub]I Agree With This Guy[/ame]

Employers are paying people cash, so as not to affect the unemployment benefits; because jobs are few and far between. The same goes for carpenter and stucco companies and roofers and tile setters and so forth where people have been laid off so long that they no longer qualify for benefits. Obama is destroying the U.S. Consumer/Tax Base and spending money like there is no tomorrow in order to crash the system and lead us into his vision of a New World Order. He is crashing the U.S. Dollar at the same time, which is causing everything from commodities to stock prices to rise in light of the devalued currency having NOTHING to do with any real recovery ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
It's not that I doubt your every post Neubarth but I always remember the words of Mark Twain: "There are liars, damn liars and statistic". Hence, a link to the DofLabor.
Economic News Releases
I have posted a hundred links to the DOL and you have posted one. Between the two of us, we are doing a pretty good job. Here is another.

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CLAIMS FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS. IMPEACH OBAMA FOR ALL OF THE LIES!

Real Number 664,865 in the week ending Dec. 5 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 474,000
Real Number 543,926 in the week ending Nov. 21 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 466,000
Real Number 529,446 in the week ending Nov. 7 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 502,000
Real Number 480,178 in the week ending Oct. 31 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 512,000
Real Number 460,449 in the week ending Oct. 17 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 531,000
Real Number 503,973 in the week ending Oct. 10 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 514,000
Real Number 449,375 in the week ending Oct. 3 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 521,000
Real Number 443,694 in the week ending Sept. 26 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 551,000
Real Number 434,358 in the week ending Sept. 19 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 530,000
Real Number 407,869 in the week ending Sept. 12 vs the Outrageous Gov Imaginary Number of 545,000

Especially take note of the 545,000 number on September 12th. It was then that they decided that they were going to play the game of "We Will Trick You Into Believing That Everything Is Getting Better, Even Though It Ain't." In case you are wondering why the two weeks with holidays in them (November 11th and Thanksgiving Nov 26th) were left out, that was because the tabulation as reported from the states was missing about 14 percent of the data. State Government employees do not see any need for urgency or accuracy when they are going on vacation. They just report the numbers that are there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back