Jobless claims drop to lowest level in eight years

Bush took the employment rate of the 197 million working age population from 74% down to 65%. Bush destroyed 18 million jobs. :eek:

Obama took the employment rate of the 203 million working age population from 65% up to 69%. Obama restored or created 8 million jobs. :eusa_clap:

Employment Rate of Working Age Population
14636082863_ac5e0c4fac_z.jpg

Obama is mopping the floor with both Bush's. They could only dream of having Obama's increased employment rates. For 5 years now Household Income, Hires & Quits rates have been rising while the Unemployment & U-6 rates have been falling. :eusa_clap:

Employment is rising at increasing velocity. First 6 months of 2014 average 231k jobs added per month, last year the average was 194K jobs added per month. :eusa_clap:

The last time over 200,000 new jobs were created 6 months in a row was in 1999 when Bill Clinton was president! :eusa_clap:

Obama took the employment rate of the 203 million working age population from 65% up to 69%

On your chart, Obama took it from 69% all the way back to 69%.

Bush took the employment rate of the 197 million working age population from 74% down to 65%. Bush destroyed 18 million jobs. :eek:

Obama took the employment rate of the 203 million working age population from 65% up to 69%. Obama restored or created 8 million jobs. :eusa_clap:

Obama is mopping the floor with both Bush's. They could only dream of having Obama's increased employment rates. For 5 years now Household Income, Hires & Quits rates have been rising while the Unemployment & U-6 rates have been falling. :eusa_clap:

Employment is rising at increasing velocity. First 6 months of 2014 average 231k jobs added per month, last year the average was 194K jobs added per month. :eusa_clap:

The last time over 200,000 new jobs were created 6 months in a row was in 1999 when Bill Clinton was president! :eusa_clap:

Why am I still hearing Bush name and he has been out of office for 6 years? Is Obama held accountable for anything? Or he is just a permanent FILL-IN president until 2016?

:cuckoo: You are an idiot with a comprehension problem. As I stated in that post Obama is responsible for:

- Raising the employment rate of the 203 million working age population from 65% up to 69%. :eusa_clap:

- Restoring or creating 8 million jobs. :eusa_clap:

- 5 years of rising Household Income, Hires & Quits rates. :eusa_clap:

- 5 years of falling Unemployment & U-6 rates. :eusa_clap:

- Employment rising at increasing velocity. First 6 months of 2014 average 231k jobs added per month. That is the fastest rate in 20 years. :eusa_clap:

5 years of rising Household Income

fredgraph.png

It appears that you are mistaken.

Unfortunately KissMy can't differentiate between hype and the support of actual "facts".

These upbeat assessments about jobs and the performance of the U.S. economy, regrettably, aren’t backed up by the facts or shared by the American public.

A recent Gallup survey, for instance, shows 56 percent of Americans saying the economy is getting worse while 39 percent said the economy is improving.

Overall, the U.S. population has grown by 17.2 million since mid-2007 while the U.S. economy has 374,000 fewer jobs than in November 2007.

Mobile Site Preview

The Obama administration and much of the media trumpeting the figure overlooked that the government numbers didn't distinguish between new part-time and full-time jobs.

Full-time jobs last month plunged by 523,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
. What has increased are part-time jobs. They soared by about 800,000 to more than 28 million. Just think of all those Americans working part time, no doubt glad to have the work but also contending with lower pay,

Mortimer Zuckerman: The Full-Time Scandal of Part-Time America - WSJ

Now watch as after I post the numbers this will suddenly no longer be "a more accurate depiction of the true state of the economy"

There were 7,258,000 or 5.2% of the workforce working 2 or more jobs when Obama took office.
There are 6,960,000 or 4.7% of the workforce working 2 or more jobs now.

Since I was talking about Americans "loss of household income" as part of the true indicator of the economy in reference to jobs. with their need to work one or two part time jobs, ..... how do you explain this below?

the typical American household is making almost $2,400 less per year (in constant 2013 dollars) than it was four years ago, when the Obama "recovery" began.

Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the 'Recovery' as During the Recession | The Weekly Standard
Did I call it!

The Weekly SubStandard has less credibility than you.

Your just frustrated because I provided stronger facts, like those of the Bureau of Labor statistics, as well as additional supported facts on household incomes. Yours simply just doesn't add up, sorry ....try coming down from all that Obama hype.

Last edited:

Unfortunately KissMy can't differentiate between hype and the support of actual "facts".
The Obama administration and much of the media trumpeting the figure overlooked that the government numbers didn't distinguish between new part-time and full-time jobs.

Full-time jobs last month plunged by 523,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
. What has increased are part-time jobs. They soared by about 800,000 to more than 28 million. Just think of all those Americans working part time, no doubt glad to have the work but also contending with lower pay,

Sporty Mortie is full of shit, as usual. People are working part-time because they WANT to, like Boomers reducing their hours in their golden years, not because they have to. The number of people working PT for economic reasons has gone DOWN since Obama became president from 8,046,000 to 7,544,000. The rest of Mortie's 28 million are working PT because they want to! Mortie leaves that part out because he is a professional liar who tells just enough truth in the most deceptive way possible, omitting the most important information so the uninformed sucker is led to the wrong conclusion without saying anything completely false, but not the whole truth.

Beware of the half-truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.
- Seymour Essrog

A half-truth is a whole lie.
- Yiddish Proverb

Since I was talking about Americans "loss of household income" as part of the true indicator of the economy in reference to jobs. with their need to work one or two part time jobs, ..... how do you explain this below?
Did I call it!

Your just frustrated because I provided stronger facts, like those of the Bureau of Labor statistics, as well as additional supported facts on household incomes. Yours simply just doesn't add up, sorry ....try coming down from all that Obama hype.

My numbers came straight from the BLS, you just moved the goalposts rather than admit you were wrong. People are earning less because Boomers are living off retirement income or cut back to part-time hours, not because they are working multiple part-time jobs due to lost income, as you falsely claimed and my BLS numbers proved.

Let me remind you of the BLS numbers:

There were 7,258,000 or 5.2% of the workforce working 2 or more jobs when Obama took office.

Did I call it!

My numbers came straight from the BLS, you just moved the goalposts rather than admit you were wrong. People are earning less because Boomers are living off retirement income or cut back to part-time hours, not because they are working multiple part-time jobs due to lost income, as you falsely claimed and my BLS numbers proved.

Let me remind you of the BLS numbers:

You're not seeing the whole picture, though (neither did I until someone pointed it out to me). While multiple job holders have gone down overall...that's entirely from those having 1 full time and 1 part time, and those who had variable hours for one or more job. The number of people with 2 part time jobs has gone up 204,000 and 40,000 for 2 full time.

So while not a huge shift, and I don't see it as any big indicator of anything...multiple part time jobs has gone up since Obama took office.

Sporty Mortie is full of shit, as usual. People are working part-time because they WANT to, like Boomers reducing their hours in their golden years, not because they have to. The number of people working PT for economic reasons has gone DOWN since Obama became president from 8,046,000 to 7,544,000. The rest of Mortie's 28 million are working PT because they want to! Mortie leaves that part out because he is a professional liar who tells just enough truth in the most deceptive way possible, omitting the most important information so the uninformed sucker is led to the wrong conclusion without saying anything completely false, but not the whole truth.

- Seymour Essrog

- Yiddish Proverb

So looks like Ed is having to concede that perhaps those lower household figures might in fact be correct, unless (a) math is not his best subject and he doesn't know how to put the numbers together .. or (b) has to admit that Americans may in fact have to work two part time jobs to boost that household income number to back HIS perception of the economy.

Yet Ed is justifying those job numbers for only just last month (not for the entire year of 2014), due to the mass exodus of baby boomers who have all came to the same conclusion they no longer want to work full time. Perhaps Ed is now saying Americans are fully content with earning less to meet their household needs? Yet, where are these poll numbers that show the vast majority of Americans are actually happy with the current state of the economy to support this? Which way are you going Ed, because you look to be flopping around like a fish out of water, changing view points in order to sell an improved economy that is simply not true when you put ALL the facts together.

Last edited:

- Seymour Essrog

- Yiddish Proverb

So looks like Ed is having to concede that perhaps those lower household figures might in fact be correct, unless (a) math is not his best subject and he doesn't know how to put the numbers together .. or (b) has to admit that Americans may in fact have to work two part time jobs to boost that household income number to back HIS perception of the economy.

Yet Ed is justifying those job numbers for only just last month (not for the entire year of 2014), due to the mass exodus of baby boomers who have all came to the same conclusion they no longer want to work full time. Perhaps Ed is now saying Americans are fully content with earning less to meet their household needs? Yet, where are these poll numbers that show the vast majority of Americans are actually happy with the current state of the economy to support this? Which way are you going Ed, because you look to be flopping around like a fish out of water, changing view points in order to sell an improved economy that is simply not true when you put ALL the facts together.
Talk about flopping about like a fish out of water, how out of touch do you have to be to think Obama took office only a month ago? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back