Jobless claims drop to lowest level in eight years

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Economic good news

Jobless claims drop to 284,000, lowest since 2006

The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell last week to its lowest level in eight years.

The Labor Department says weekly applications for unemployment aid dropped 19,000 to a seasonally adjusted 284,000. That's the lowest reading since February 2006, nearly two years before the Great Recession began.

The four-week average, a less volatile measure, declined 7,250 to 302,000. Claims for jobless aid have been falling for the past three months.

Applications are a proxy for layoffs. When businesses hold onto staff, increased hiring and stronger economic growth often follows.

Hiring is at its healthiest clip since the late 1990s and the 6.1 percent unemployment rate is at a 5 1/2-year low. Employers added 288,000 jobs in June, the fifth straight month of job gains above 200,000.

Last edited:
Tell that to the 16 thousand HP employees and 19 thousand IBM employees. Lot's of Indians to take up that slack.

Thank you, come again.

When everyone is unemployed, we'll finally reach the Zero Jobless Claim state of Nirvana.

How Hopenchangey!

When everyone is unemployed, we'll finally reach the Zero Jobless Claim state of Nirvana.

How Hopenchangey!

You have to love these clowns..... :D

80% of these people have totally given up looking for work and they trumpet it as "progress". Unbelievable. 20 hour a week jobs. What a deal!! Well, I guess it's true, as that brain-dead Nancy Pelosi pointed out - these folks are out "following their passions" - shooting pictures, dancing, doing yoga.....

On the other hand - when Barry Obama is your president, I guess making beef stew out of cow shit is now the norm... :D

... and the labor participation rate is the lowest in 40 years... people have given up. And why shouldn't they? The Dems have made it pretty clear that nobody should have to work.

What is the labor participation rate?

How many people have been downsized to part time since Obamacare came to be?

... and the labor participation rate is the lowest in 40 years... people have given up. And why shouldn't they? The Dems have made it pretty clear that nobody should have to work.

I thought the unemployment numbers were the most important economic indicator to conservatives. Why the sudden shift to Labor Participation Rate?

Why didn't conservatives mention the Labor Participation Rate when it dropped every year under Bush?

Last edited:
Economic good news

Jobless claims drop to 284,000, lowest since 2006

The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell last week to its lowest level in eight years.

The Labor Department says weekly applications for unemployment aid dropped 19,000 to a seasonally adjusted 284,000. That's the lowest reading since February 2006, nearly two years before the Great Recession began.

The four-week average, a less volatile measure, declined 7,250 to 302,000. Claims for jobless aid have been falling for the past three months.

Applications are a proxy for layoffs. When businesses hold onto staff, increased hiring and stronger economic growth often follows.

Hiring is at its healthiest clip since the late 1990s and the 6.1 percent unemployment rate is at a 5 1/2-year low. Employers added 288,000 jobs in June, the fifth straight month of job gains above 200,000.

Gotta make dem Publican scratch them heads....wondering how they can sink the economy....Gotta be a quandary.....:eek:

Tell that to the 16 thousand HP employees and 19 thousand IBM employees. Lot's of Indians to take up that slack.

Thank you, come again.

As an American, aren't you happy that jobless claims have dropped?

Do you want America to fail?

There were 9,216,000 working part-time for economic reasons when the ACA was signed, there are 7,544,000 working part-time for economic reasons now. So there are LESS people downsized to part-time work since Obamacare came to be. The fact that you thought otherwise just shows how dishonest your sources of disinformation are, but you will not abandon them.

Table A-8. Employed persons by class of worker and part-time status

Thank you, come again.

Of course they do, their MessiahRushie told them what to hope for.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

I thought the unemployment numbers were the most important economic indicator to conservatives. Why the sudden shift to Labor Participation Rate?

Why didn't conservatives mention the Labor Participation Rate when it dropped every year under Bush?

That's what you get for thinking.... now, go back to sleep.

Thank you, come again.

Of course they do, their MessiahRushie told them what to hope for.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

So, how many times daily do you jerkoff thinking about Rush? You seem more than a little obsessed.

:lol:

That's what you get for thinking.... now, go back to sleep.

I wish you guys could make up your mind

All we heard for four years was unemployment, unemployment, unemployment

Now all of a sudden you are concerned with the labor participation rate that has been dropping for 15 years

LFP%20Participation.jpg

Last edited:

There were 9,216,000 working part-time for economic reasons when the ACA was signed, there are 7,544,000 working part-time for economic reasons now. So there are LESS people downsized to part-time work since Obamacare came to be. The fact that you thought otherwise just shows how dishonest your sources of disinformation are, but you will not abandon them.

Table A-8. Employed persons by class of worker and part-time status

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the current administration re-define what "part time" is?

Forum List

Back