Job quality index shows more and more low paying jobs being created

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
I've always wondered if they tracked this kind of stuff. I guess you can call it the "McJob index". It seems that although there are lots of jobs, these jobs are mostly low pay low hour jobs. This doesn't mean that people should be riding the food stamp train but it does offer more questions than answers. Ironically enough job quality went down under Clinton, up under Bush 43 (whodathunkit) and then down under Obama. Sharply up for a short period under Trump, but now back down again.

It says 44% of all workers make less than 18K a year.

American jobs are getting worse, new economic index shows

Last edited:
Did you happen to research the ‘researchers’ who produced this index? I’ll give you a hint. They are not unbiased.

I've always wondered if they tracked this kind of stuff. I guess you can call it the "McJob index". It seems that although there are lots of jobs, these jobs are mostly low pay low hour jobs. This doesn't mean that people should be riding the food stamp train but it does offer more questions than answers. Ironically enough job quality went down under Clinton, up under Bush 43 (whodathunkit) and then down under Obama. Sharply up for a short period under Trump, but now back down again.

It says 44% of all workers make less than 18K a year.

American jobs are getting worse, new economic index shows
Yes, most jobs are getting worse because workers are competing with advancing technology both in this country and abroad. Workers have to work better, and faster or cheaper than their technological replacements. There is no sign technological innovation is slowing down. In fact it's accelerating. The good jobs of the future will be limited to an every shrinking number of highly skilled workers simply because human advancement can not keep up technological advancement. Unless we find a way to make humans a lot smarter with more advanced capability, the job picture for our great grand kids will be bleak. A world in which jobs are shared and goverment creates vast numbers of job is in our future.

People point out that there will always be jobs for service people such plumbers, carpenters, cops, firemen, etc. That may be true, but even in these fields technology is advancing and eventually jobs will shrink in those fields.

The world our forefathers dreamed of in which machines do our work while we play is within our future. The question is how will we adapt to it.

Last edited:
Well you can’t expect the uneducated welfare crowd to just slide into a middle class job. Especially when there are immigrants who will do the jobs for cheap, as well as illegal aliens taking jobs too.

Forum List

Back