Jindal vs. Clinton

[

Oh yeah. A big topic back in my college media courses was the role image played in the first televised presidential debates, Kennedy vs. Nixon. Kennedy was good looking, soft around the edges and cool as a cucumber, Nixon came off as dark, severe and mean.

It's gone downhill since then, and we're all the worse for it.

You probably need to ask your college media course for a refund if they were peddling that shit.

Besides the fact that the whole "Nixon won with radio listeners" is a myth.

1960 debate Media Myth Alert

The fact is, Nixon damned well near won the election, despite the fact there was a recession in 1960 and he was never a popular figure.

Now, the reality is, yes any candidate is going to have to be appealing on TV. That's the reality. This person will be in our living rooms for the next 4-8 and we are going to want to like that person.

Yup. Obama's wins were based on demographics and cult of personality. And I'd add one more, the fact that the GOP ran lousy candidates who offered absolutely no clear, positive vision or leadership.

The media has soured on Obama and is moving toward Hillary now. Obama is old news. They'll be able to push her with the demographics, but I don't see how they can build a cult of personality with her. They'll try.

I just don't understand what's different between Obama and any other president. It's all about cult personality, it's a personality contest, demographics have to play a big part too.

The media will always move away from the incumbent near the of their term, and focus on the new and more exciting, but Hilary isn't the new and exciting, she'll be dropped as soon as someone more exciting comes along.

Well, you have to remember what the thing is with the Obama-Derangement Syndrome Suffers is.

"The Black guy did it."

They were okay with it until the black guy did it.

[

true, except that Romney's image was pretty good. His campaign sucked, but based on your analysis, he should have won.

Uh, no. Romney's image was not good.

Romney came off as a clueless rich guy who talked about how he liked to fire people.

thats your opinion, 48% of the voters disagreed with you.

My opinion is that Obama's image was terrible, but 52% disagreed with me

BFD

Yup. Obama's wins were based on demographics and cult of personality. And I'd add one more, the fact that the GOP ran lousy candidates who offered absolutely no clear, positive vision or leadership.

The media has soured on Obama and is moving toward Hillary now. Obama is old news. They'll be able to push her with the demographics, but I don't see how they can build a cult of personality with her. They'll try.

I just don't understand what's different between Obama and any other president. It's all about cult personality, it's a personality contest, demographics have to play a big part too.

The media will always move away from the incumbent near the of their term, and focus on the new and more exciting, but Hilary isn't the new and exciting, she'll be dropped as soon as someone more exciting comes along.

Well, you have to remember what the thing is with the Obama-Derangement Syndrome Suffers is.

"The Black guy did it."

They were okay with it until the black guy did it.

slight correction, obama is the half black guy. why do you guys ignore his white half--------------damn racists!

a7-elections.jpg

Actually, the GOP will lose because other than the stupid white slack jaws who vote against their own economic interests, the 80% who control less than 13% of the wealth in this country have no business voting for the interests of the 20% who control 87% of it.

It's not about "vision" or "leadership", guy. It's about policy.

[

Oh yeah. A big topic back in my college media courses was the role image played in the first televised presidential debates, Kennedy vs. Nixon. Kennedy was good looking, soft around the edges and cool as a cucumber, Nixon came off as dark, severe and mean.

You probably need to ask your college media course for a refund if they were peddling that shit.

Besides the fact that the whole "Nixon won with radio listeners" is a myth.

1960 debate Media Myth Alert

The fact is, Nixon damned well near won the election, despite the fact there was a recession in 1960 and he was never a popular figure.

Now, the reality is, yes any candidate is going to have to be appealing on TV. That's the reality. This person will be in our living rooms for the next 4-8 and we are going to want to like that person.

more than half of americans do not like hillary----------sooooooooo, please run the angry, old, bitch.

Actually, the GOP will lose because other than the stupid white slack jaws who vote against their own economic interests, the 80% who control less than 13% of the wealth in this country have no business voting for the interests of the 20% who control 87% of it.

It's not about "vision" or "leadership", guy. It's about policy.

yes, and liberal policy has FAILED miserably no matter which party has implemented it.

this election will not be about party, it will be about philosophy and the constitution.

[

true, except that Romney's image was pretty good. His campaign sucked, but based on your analysis, he should have won.

Uh, no. Romney's image was not good.

Romney came off as a clueless rich guy who talked about how he liked to fire people.

thats your opinion, 48% of the voters disagreed with you.

My opinion is that Obama's image was terrible, but 52% disagreed with me

BFD

48% of the country were stupid, racist, slack-jawed morons who vote against their own economic interests.

Romney was besides the point. Gingrich or Santorum would have gotten the same percentage.

ROmney could have been a worshiper of C'Thulhu , and you clowns still would have voted for him.

cthulhu.jpg

"Oh my God, they've awoken the Great Old Ones. The world is doomed!!!"

"Yeah, but at least we got that N****r out of the White House!"

[

more than half of americans do not like hillary----------sooooooooo, please run the angry, old, bitch.

Hillary Clinton's favorability rating has dropped slightly, although a majority of Americans continue to view her in a positive light. As Clinton publicizes her new memoir, "Hard Choices," 54% of Americans view her favorably. This is down from 59% in February, and significantly less than the ratings she received as secretary of state, which were consistently above 60%.

Um, no, no, actually a majority actually likes her.

[

Yeah, I think I'll trust those who know a bit more about it, and my own experiences, but thanks for the input.

That's nice and all, but you are reading that chart entirely wrong. the fact is, 100 million people voted in 2000, 115 million in 2004, and 130 million in 2008. Then it dipped down a bit in 2012, but mostly because people in non-swing states weren't as enthusiastic.

Yes, Hispanics and blacks are a larger part of the electorate now and they dont vote Republican for a good reason.

Bobby Jindal will never be President of the United States. Neither will Mitt Romney. Neither will Mike Huckabee. Neither will Jeb Bush. Neither will Rick Perry.

Hillary Clinton will win in 2016 if she is the Democratic Nominee.

That's nice and all, but you are reading that chart entirely wrong. the fact is, 100 million people voted in 2000, 115 million in 2004, and 130 million in 2008. Then it dipped down a bit in 2012, but mostly because people in non-swing states weren't as enthusiastic.

Yes, Hispanics and blacks are a larger part of the electorate now and they dont vote Republican for a good reason.

Republicans will continue to lose elections as long as they view Hispanics and Blacks as non-humans.

]
for some stupid reason, we want our presidents to be celebrities, Obama wants to be a celebrity, he has no interest in the JOB of president.

I consider it an example of a culture in rapid decay.

Look all around - "celebrities" who are celebrities for no reason other than they're celebrities (from Kardashian to Hilton to "reality TV"), television "entertainment" that includes people literally shitting onscreen, our societal addiction to "selfies", horrific song lyrics, self-esteem a higher priority than quality of work, lowered standards everywhere you look.

Obama - and I'm not talking about his politics - is a symptom of the decay.

You know, guy. Here's the thing.

Obama promised to put an end to the Iraq debacle. He did.
Obama promised to provide universal health care. He did.
Obama promised to reform immigration- He didn't do enough, but he did something.

It strikes me that this is the essence of small d "democracy", the people are promised something, they vote for it and they get it.

Now, I'm an old man. I remember people saying the world was going to hell in a handbasket in all six of the decades I lived in, and they'd often point to some pop culture thing they didn't understand.

]
for some stupid reason, we want our presidents to be celebrities, Obama wants to be a celebrity, he has no interest in the JOB of president.

I consider it an example of a culture in rapid decay.

Look all around - "celebrities" who are celebrities for no reason other than they're celebrities (from Kardashian to Hilton to "reality TV"), television "entertainment" that includes people literally shitting onscreen, our societal addiction to "selfies", horrific song lyrics, self-esteem a higher priority than quality of work, lowered standards everywhere you look.

Obama - and I'm not talking about his politics - is a symptom of the decay.

You know, guy. Here's the thing.

Obama promised to put an end to the Iraq debacle. He did.
Obama promised to provide universal health care. He did.
Obama promised to reform immigration- He didn't do enough, but he did something.

It strikes me that this is the essence of small d "democracy", the people are promised something, they vote for it and they get it.

Now, I'm an old man. I remember people saying the world was going to hell in a handbasket in all six of the decades I lived in, and they'd often point to some pop culture thing they didn't understand.

Yes, many folks like you are comfortable denying, and therefore enabling, the decay.

Nothing I can do about it.

Republicans will continue to lose elections as long as they view Hispanics and Blacks as non-humans.

The truth is not with you. Do you really think race baiting and outright not telling the truth is really productive just so you can win elections not running on record?.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back