Jindal vs. Clinton

In there one liberal left winger going to tell me how you are going to reconcile Hillary's approval of Iraq?

Hillary is going to win fairly easily. Then she will be re-elected in the biggest landslide since Ronald Reagan defeated Fritz Mondale.
She's already too old, she will be older in 2016, and she'll be an antique by 2020, so, mebbe not...

being old didn't stop Reagan.
There are, indeed, exceptions to every stereotypical projection... I simply doubt that Hil is one of those.

You mean you HOPE she isn't, because, frankly, there's going to be some serious payback on you wingnuts when she gets in.

Shit, man, she's going to make you think of Obama as the "Good Old Days".

...Hilary isn't the new and exciting, she'll be dropped as soon as someone more exciting comes along.

Yeah, I can see that. Her primary weakness is that she doesn't seem to connect. Our culture - and this is definitely not a good thing - is just as interested in flash as it is in substance, probably even more so. The shiny object.

To be honest, you look at the last 5 presidents, the more the media becomes accessible, the more a candidate needs to look good. That's number one. Looking physically good, looking good in other senses too, like how they act, how they hold themselves, and I don't think Hilary has the ability to win the contest just based on that.
It's a majorly fickle world at the level of presidency now, and she's too old, too wrinkly, too just not what people want when they vote in the beauty pageant.

Oh yeah. A big topic back in my college media courses was the role image played in the first televised presidential debates, Kennedy vs. Nixon. Kennedy was good looking, soft around the edges and cool as a cucumber, Nixon came off as dark, severe and mean.

It's gone downhill since then, and we're all the worse for it.

Presidential races have always been about image but as image has graduated from an occasional drawing in a newspaper to a photograph, to a newsreel, to TV appearances, to an Internet barge of images, so has the importance of image. Notice how the image of a president changes toward the end of their last term in office, less hair dye, more casual dress, more relaxed, and more candid comments.

Hillary is going to win fairly easily. Then she will be re-elected in the biggest landslide since Ronald Reagan defeated Fritz Mondale.
She's already too old, she will be older in 2016, and she'll be an antique by 2020, so, mebbe not...

being old didn't stop Reagan.
There are, indeed, exceptions to every stereotypical projection... I simply doubt that Hil is one of those.

You mean you HOPE she isn't, because, frankly, there's going to be some serious payback on you wingnuts when she gets in.

Shit, man, she's going to make you think of Obama as the "Good Old Days".
There are certainly major difference between the two although both are decisive and little bothered by second thoughts and self-doubt. Obama is definitely more a "big picture person" concerned more about the long term impact of decisions and making major changes in America than he is at solving day to day problems. Hilary on the other hand, is much more concerned with solving the problem at hand rather worrying about the future impacts of current decision. She is also less interested in making fundamental changes in America. She is a far more detail person than Obama and less philosophical. I would say she is also much more pragmatical and more willing to negotiate than Obama.

The Psychology of Barack Obama The National Interest
What psychological personality tests reveal about Clinton Obama and McCain.

Forum List

Back