Jindal Chooses Party Over The People

Well, no. What about the port of Galveston? The Port of Charleston? The Port of Savannah? They would seem to suffer from a functioning port of New Orleans. So maybe they should be exempt from paying?
I have to resort to curses because otherwise you might get the idea that your posts deserve to be taken seriously. They don't. They are stupid and reflect ignorance about economics, geography and life in general.
So clam up dickwad.

Again with the cursing. You're a real saint there aren't you boy-o?

None of the Ports mentioned can fill the role the Port of New Orleans enjoys because of its location at the mouth of the Mighty Miss. As the Mississippi is a major US waterway, you're still flailing about uselessly here. A functional port on the Mississippi is vital for trade. Nothing you've said has undermined that point.

If you find such points not worthy of debate, you can always add me to your ignore list. A Rabbi such as yourself ought to be very familiar with advice from the book of Proverbs on such things.

There's no debate because you're clearly a retard. Go enjoy life.

True. You've yet to offer anything but platitudes and name calling. When you're ready to engage in actual debate, come on back. Till then, try to imagine the US economy without a port at the mouth of Mississippi River. You might even start to see why rebuilding New Orleans was a sensible idea.

It was a sensible idea if you lived there or had economic interests there. And if so, go ahead and rebuild it.
But I don't. And I don't want my hard earned taxpayer dollars going to some boondoggle that will make others rich at my expense while delivering no meaningful results.
Hey, I want to build a gasoline refinery here in TN. Send me money because you're going to benefit from it like everyone else.

This is the sort of post that would go in the I find people that are ____ are most ignorant of other people's views. Seriously, do you have to use the word retard? :eusa_eh:

This is the sort of post that would go in the I find people that are ____ are most ignorant of other people's views. Seriously, do you have to use the word retard? :eusa_eh:

Yeah, actually I do. There is no other term that can connote the willful ignorance and/or blatant dishonesty of the argument being foisted. It is so transparently false and so full of garbage that the only person who could float it would have to be a retard.

It was a sensible idea if you lived there or had economic interests there. And if so, go ahead and rebuild it.
But I don't. And I don't want my hard earned taxpayer dollars going to some boondoggle that will make others rich at my expense while delivering no meaningful results.
Hey, I want to build a gasoline refinery here in TN. Send me money because you're going to benefit from it like everyone else.

You do realize that TN has Memphis along the Mississippi River and as such the state economy as a whole benefits from the Port of New Orleans.

Your post has two very serious problems. First up the Mississippi and its tributaries service nearly every State East of the Rockies. That means if you live in about 2/3's of the USA you benefit directly or indirectly from traffic along one of the largest in land shipping routes in the world. That makes rebuilding the Port of New Orleans a worthwhile target for tax payer funds at the Federal Level.

The second is your gasoline refinery example. If you really are going to build another gasoline refinery you should get tax payer funds. The current US refinery system is stretched too thin and is too vulnerable to attack or catastrophic accident. At the moment, when a refinery goes offline to switch from summer blends of gas to winter blends gas prices across the country spike. More refineries in the USA is one of the best ideas that could be had and would indeed benefit us all in providing greater stability in price across country.

Thank you for a post without derogatory names. Its nice to see you can act in a civil manner without resorting to childish tactics.

Don't mind him. Its pretty much what he has. When he argues facts he tends to get talked into a corner.

He also likes to claim the last word. Check out how many of his posts end with "I think we're done here" or "we're finished here." Its too bad for him that he doesn't really have the power to guarantee himself the last word.

Once you figure out The Rabbi (which doesn't take long at all), he isn't that hard to tolerate.

You do realize that TN has Memphis along the Mississippi River and as such the state economy as a whole benefits from the Port of New Orleans.

Your post has two very serious problems. First up the Mississippi and its tributaries service nearly every State East of the Rockies. That means if you live in about 2/3's of the USA you benefit directly or indirectly from traffic along one of the largest in land shipping routes in the world. That makes rebuilding the Port of New Orleans a worthwhile target for tax payer funds at the Federal Level.

The second is your gasoline refinery example. If you really are going to build another gasoline refinery you should get tax payer funds. The current US refinery system is stretched too thin and is too vulnerable to attack or catastrophic accident. At the moment, when a refinery goes offline to switch from summer blends of gas to winter blends gas prices across the country spike. More refineries in the USA is one of the best ideas that could be had and would indeed benefit us all in providing greater stability in price across country.

Thank you for a post without derogatory names. Its nice to see you can act in a civil manner without resorting to childish tactics.
So what?
Not everyone benefits equally yet you want everyone to pay equally. That is inequitable.
No, I should not get taxpayer funds. What I should get is the gov't to leave me the hell alone so I can build what I want.
You exemplify Reagan's statement:
To many, if it moves, tax it. If it still moves, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.
You want the rest of the country to subsidize economic development in NO when the rest of the country benefits in huge disproportion to people and companies closer in.
YOU are the one proposing to eat the meal and hike the check, leaving the taxpayers to pick it up.
But if we continue your idiotic argument, ANYTHING with the remotest benefit ought to be publicly funded. I want a Rolls Royce. It will benefit the rolls dealer if I buy one. Also the people who work for him. Also the highway system through fuel taxes. So the gov't owes me a Rolls Royce.
WHERE'S MY ROLLS ROYCE????

Given the condition of the reail bed in this country high speed rail is a joke, and it's an even worse idea in Louisiana. We can't keep up the road beds we've got let alone to the standards necessary for high speed rail. It works in W. Europe and Japan because the distance are comparatively small. It's shorter from London To Berlin going through the channel that in is from NYC to ATL, and the terrain is worse by and large.

wait a minute, weren't there people on the left pissing and moaning a few months back that Jindal was requesting the funds for this project?????????

was looking for it
LOL
BOOM

Care to show me where in the link that people were calling him a hypocrite? Unless you mean the actual thread, then yes he is a hypocrite. However, he was a hypocrite for not accepting the funds in the first place. Then he became a flip flopper by letting this expire.

Plus he's a hypocrite for refusing to say that the Recovery Act helped finance this or finance that plus he's putting his own names on the checks. He's a sneak and a liar.

was looking for it
LOL
BOOM

Care to show me where in the link that people were calling him a hypocrite? Unless you mean the actual thread, then yes he is a hypocrite. However, he was a hypocrite for not accepting the funds in the first place. Then he became a flip flopper by letting this expire.

Plus he's a hypocrite for refusing to say that the Recovery Act helped finance this or finance that plus he's putting his own names on the checks. He's a sneak and a liar.
i already posted the link, look UP

he was being called a hypocrite for ASKING for it
and when it was pointed out he had NEVER ACTUALLY asked for it there was all kinds of nasty shit thrown in that thread

Last edited:
cant please you partisans, he was a piece of shit FOR asking for it(when he hadnt really asked for it) and NOW he is a piece of shit for NOT asking for it

cant please you partisans, he was a piece of shit FOR asking for it(when he hadnt really asked for it) and NOW he is a piece of shit for NOT asking for it

You kept editing your post so I wasn't see the full context of what you were saying.

He was a hypocrite in not accepting the funds in the first place like he should of. If he had seen the light and actually changed his tune, I would of been personally happy. But no, he continued to lie about how the stimulus has helped the state and has gone so far to change the names on the checks which is a scumbag move.

However, him putting politics before state does make him a piece of shit especially.

Forum List

Back