The Obamas Violated First Three Rules of Selling

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Of course Barack and Michelle Obama failed in Copenhagen. Their strategy could not possibly succeed. In their academic arrogance, they thought they could sell a product they clearly do not believe in (the United States) and moreover, they could do so by stressing the benefits to the seller (Chicago) and not the buyer (the IOC). And to top it off, they committed the faux pas of talking too much about the sales force (themselves) and not about the product or the buyer.

Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

Anyone who has had to succeed in the real business world -- and that includes few if any on Team Obama -- instinctively knows that to get business done you have to believe in what you are doing and offer a product or service that is focused on the benefits to the customer. In the Obama World of Chicago pay-to-play power, business gets done by flexing muscle and clearing the field of your competitors. You don't have to sell anything. You don't have to believe in anything. It is fine to be self-focused. You simply have to apply the power of the applicable political machinery and you win.
:clap2:

American Thinker: The Obamas Violated First Three Rules of Selling

absolutely correct.. he's been running around the world apologizing for America. and the whole world knows he hates America. So sell America he cannot do.

And he violated the first rule of political posturing:

Don't go on such a high profile prattle-n-pose mission if you don't have something in the bag.

Funniest part is the Obama haters who got egg on their faces for prematurely proclaiming that the fix was in, and that was the only reason the president was going.

Don't go on such a high profile prattle-n-pose mission if you don't have something in the bag.

Funniest part is the Obama haters who got egg on their faces for prematurely proclaiming that the fix was in, and that was the only reason the president was going.

So you bought the meeting with the General hook line and sinker like the rest of the idiot liberals?

Why would the President fly to Copenhagen to talk to the General when the phones ion the WH work just fine?

I was watching Michelle's speech to IOC, here is the part of it:

Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad's lap cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis and others for their brilliant perfection. Like so many young people, I was inspired. I found myself dreaming that maybe just maybe, if I worked hard enough, I too could achieve something great. But I never dreamed that the Olympic flame might someday light up lives in my neighborhood.

Michelle was born in 1964.

Olga was in 1972 games, when Michelle was 8 sat on her fathers lap.
Nadia was in 1976 games, when Michelle was 12 sat on her fathers lap.
Nadia was also in 1980 games, when Michelle was 16 sat on her fathers lap.
Carl Lewis fist games are 1984, when Michelle was 20 sat on her fathers lap.

Thats lot of lap sitting... is that sacrifice Michelle was talking about?

Rio was the right, logical choice. President Obama had nothing to do with it.

He made a big deal out of selling it, this backlash is expected. As a matter of fact if there was no backlash I would seriously be considering moving to another country.

So did the Brazilian president. I doubt that if Chicago had won we'd see the usual rightwing suspects trashing him. This is classic ODS.

He made a big deal out of selling it, this backlash is expected. As a matter of fact if there was no backlash I would seriously be considering moving to another country.

So did the Brazilian president. I doubt that if Chicago had won we'd see the usual rightwing suspects trashing him. This is classic ODS.

Wow ... I miss-called it, instead of Booosh ... you're doing the "rightwing whacko" line. Well, at least you are predictable yet.

Brazil is also a poorly run country by the way. :eusa_whistle:

HE did NOT make a big DEAL on him selling it, RIGHTWINGERS made the BIG DEAL about him going there?????????

Ame®icano;1580091 said:
I was watching Michelle's speech to IOC, here is the part of it:

Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad's lap cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis and others for their brilliant perfection. Like so many young people, I was inspired. I found myself dreaming that maybe just maybe, if I worked hard enough, I too could achieve something great. But I never dreamed that the Olympic flame might someday light up lives in my neighborhood.

Michelle was born in 1964.

Olga was in 1972 games, when Michelle was 8 sat on her fathers lap.
Nadia was in 1976 games, when Michelle was 12 sat on her fathers lap.
Nadia was also in 1980 games, when Michelle was 16 sat on her fathers lap.
Carl Lewis fist games are 1984, when Michelle was 20 sat on her fathers lap.

Thats lot of lap sitting... is that sacrifice Michelle was talking about?
Yuk

HE did NOT make a big DEAL on him selling it, RIGHTWINGERS made the BIG DEAL about him going there?????????

No, he did by actually going there and the huge party in Shitcago during his sales pitch. The news would not have had anything to report on if he had handled it the way others have in the past. :eusa_whistle:

So you bought the meeting with the General hook line and sinker like the rest of the idiot liberals?

Why would the President fly to Copenhagen to talk to the General when the phones ion the WH work just fine?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Try again.

Wow ... I miss-called it, instead of Booosh ... you're doing the "rightwing whacko" line. Well, at least you are predictable yet.

Brazil is also a poorly run country by the way. :eusa_whistle:

You're denying there's been a rightwing anti-Obama feeding frenzy of glee that the US didn't get the Olympics?

You're dumber than I previously thought. And you weren't doing at all well previously.

Forum List

Back