Jewish testimonies (I absolutely love these)

but I'm going to be praying for you.

Try not to sacrifice any virgins or burn any witches on my behalf. I'd feel guilty.

If you can point out where Jesus said to kill anyone, I'll wait. You are mocking Mosaic law, which is pretty ironic, since that is more Jewish than anything else. Christians are under an entirely new covenant, the covenant of grace, which is summed up in: faith in Jesus.

But I know you're just trolling anyway. I guess you're bored tonight?

what does "..... that is more jewish than anything else..." mean. I have read the NT. Words that can even remotely be considered actually attributed to
Jesus (that is excluding dreams and "divine inspirations" by his post death
devotees who never met him) -----are more jewish than anything else

Try not to sacrifice any virgins or burn any witches on my behalf. I'd feel guilty.

If you can point out where Jesus said to kill anyone, I'll wait. You are mocking Mosaic law, which is pretty ironic, since that is more Jewish than anything else. Christians are under an entirely new covenant, the covenant of grace, which is summed up in: faith in Jesus.

C0447916-Inquisition,_Anabaptists_Burned_at_Stake,_1554.jpg

Praise da lord and pass the kingsford.

]
Except...they don't have any real desire to open their doors to outsiders. There is toleration when they do, but it seems to stop short of any true embrace. (This is simply my own knowledge/experience and what I've heard others describe.)
It is a tribal mentality and also the reason for my comment that they are secretive.

Ding likes to ignore the fact that the FOUNDERS OF CHRISTIAN canon law rendered
proselytizing by jews to be a capital crime.

I would never proselytize to a xtian. I don't want them to believe what I believe.

I am not interested in proselytizing either-----but there seem to be people who
HERE in this forum he insist that just RESISTING CHRISTIAN proselytizing is a
form of "jewish proselytizing"

Yeah, I know all about them. I've never understood why anyone would chase someone who isn't into them.

Is it ok if I say that the issue is POWER? -------it was and, to a lesser extent,
still is, no less than the Islamic desire to CONQUER BY NUMBERS

I always love hearing people’s testimonies on how they came to Jesus. But I think there’s something special about Jewish testimonies. There’s a reason for that, but instead of sharing my thoughts on it, for now I’ll just share these videos.

I highly recommend you watch them, whether you’re a believer or not.

By the way, these are testimonies of Jewish professionals… Many of them are doctors, lawyers, highly educated people. Please take the time to watch these.

Jews have their own religion and traditions. Don't keep bothering them. It's not only foolish. It must be quite annoying if one is Jewish. Quit the proselytizing.

lol. Posting videos of Jewish testimonies is "proselytizing"? Like I said to fnecco, nobody is forcing anyone to click on this thread. I didn't force him or you to do anything. Anyone can simply choose to post on another thread. He seems to want to stick around on this thread, which is odd, I guess he's bored tonight.

Btw, I've heard you say this (or something similar) a number of times on different threads. You seem to have a real issue with people sharing faith, namely Christianity. Are you aware that Jesus Himself said to go into all the world and share the good news of the Gospel? Not just in one place, in several places in the bible, there is the message to share the truth, to share one's testimony. It is biblical. So, if you don't like that, then it's not me you have a problem with, but Jesus' words.

C0447916-Inquisition,_Anabaptists_Burned_at_Stake,_1554.jpg

Praise da lord and pass the kingsford.

I see that it's not only videos you don't look at, you don't read posts as well.

If you have such a burning hatred for Christianity, why are you spending so much time on this thread? Trolling is your thing? How old are you?

Are you aware that Jesus Himself said to go into all the world and share the good news of the Gospel?

How do you know what he said if you don't speak Aramaic?

His 'gospels' were written in Greek nearly 100 years after he died. There are no primary sources of what he did or didn't say.

what does "..... that is more jewish than anything else..." mean. I have read the NT. Words that can even remotely be considered actually attributed to
Jesus (that is excluding dreams and "divine inspirations" by his post death
devotees who never met him) -----are more jewish than anything else

I simply meant that Christians are under the NEW covenant, which is summed up in Jesus. Mosaic law was in practice thousands of years ago, and it was for the Israelites, which is why I said it was more "Jewish" than Christian. Not to get off topic here, but of course certain moral laws are still true, but for Christians (or anyone who receives forgiveness) we are under an entirely different covenant.

I always love hearing people’s testimonies on how they came to Jesus. But I think there’s something special about Jewish testimonies. There’s a reason for that, but instead of sharing my thoughts on it, for now I’ll just share these videos.

By the way, these are testimonies of Jewish professionals… Many of them are doctors, lawyers, highly educated people. Please take the time to watch these.

Jews have their own religion and traditions. Don't keep bothering them. It's not only foolish. It must be quite annoying if one is Jewish. Quit the proselytizing.

lol. Posting videos of Jewish testimonies is "proselytizing"? Like I said to fnecco, nobody is forcing anyone to click on this thread. I didn't force him or you to do anything. Anyone can simply choose to post on another thread. He seems to want to stick around on this thread, which is odd, I guess he's bored tonight.

Btw, I've heard you say this (or something similar) a number of times on different threads. You seem to have a real issue with people sharing faith, namely Christianity. Are you aware that Jesus Himself said to go into all the world and share the good news of the Gospel? Not just in one place, in several places in the bible, there is the message to share the truth, to share one's testimony. It is biblical. So, if you don't like that, then it's not me you have a problem with, but Jesus' words.

Yes. Actually I do have "a real issue with people sharing faith, namely Christianity." What you call "sharing" is actually being really, really pushy and trying to shoulder your way into other people's lives. And what you consider to be "Christianity" has turned out to be only one small and bizarre cult, yet you act as if you are speaking for the entirety, which you cannot do.

How many times have I heard someone say "Christianity," and yet all they are pushing is some graham/falwell thing, maybe with "end times" stuff thrown in, or anti-LGBT, or women must obey crud. Some guy on USMB gave me an earful the other day about my being a worshiper of some ancient god I never heard, and somehow linked that to my being pro-choice. But I looked it up, and it turns out that he was just repeating some whacked out theory written by a guy from a southern baptist school. It was meaningless.

I do not consider Matthew to be reliable. He was a tax collector which at that
time meant SHILL FOR ROME

Are you aware that Jesus Himself said to go into all the world and share the good news of the Gospel?

His 'gospels' were written in Greek nearly 100 years after he died. There are no primary sources of what he did or didn't say.

We have early manuscripts, LOTS of them, which match up. There's a lot more to be said about this, but it's really a topic that should go on a thread of its own. For this thread, I just wanted to post video testimonies. Feel free to start a new thread.

We have early manuscripts, LOTS of them, which match up. There's a lot more to be said about this, but it's really a topic that should go on a thread of its own. For this thread, I just wanted to post video testimonies. Feel free to start a new thread.

it is proselytizing-------what you are saying is that you support proselytizing for
Christianity. If you tried it in a shariah adherent country, you would be arrested.
and even executed. India and Israel have laws on the books outlawing proselytizing to any religion--
including for India ---Hinduism and for Israel. Judaism-------but you can do it in
both places safely for just about any faith. Catholic Canon law also considered proselytizing to any
religion other then Catholicism to be a capital crime for many centuries.

I simply meant that Christians are under the NEW covenant,

Goodie. So are the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Zoroastrians, the Druids, and the Satanists.
Everyone has their own set of rules. The difference between them and the xtians is, for the most part, they don't knock on my door at dinner time and ask me if I've heard the 'good news'.

Jesus was literate----according to the NT, in both Hebrew and Aramaic. What does not exist are manuscripts written by him. That which can be credibly
attributed to Jesus by putative witnesses------is, simply, Pharisee Judaism

I simply meant that Christians are under the NEW covenant,

Goodie. So are the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Zoroastrians, the Druids, and the Satanists.
Everyone has their own set of rules. The difference between them and the xtians is, for the most part, they don't knock on my door at dinner time and ask me if I've heard the 'good news'.

They do though.

I ran into some Dutch born again Christians last week in Starbucks. A genial bunch, till they started preaching. I let it go at first, till I thought it might be polite to inform them I am a Jew.

'Oh that doesn't matter', she said. And continued on. Even gave me her card.

I'm still gobsmacked.

Even the American Mormon 'missionaries' don't give up. They want you to read their Book, to see if it is 'true'. Whatever that means.

Yes. Actually I do have "a real issue with people sharing faith, namely Christianity." What you call "sharing" is actually being really, really pushy and trying to shoulder your way into other people's lives. And what you consider to be "Christianity" has turned out to be only one small and bizarre cult, yet you act as if you are speaking for the entirety, which you cannot do.

How many times have I heard someone say "Christianity," and yet all they are pushing is some graham/falwell thing, maybe with "end times" stuff thrown in, or anti-LGBT, or women must obey crud. Some guy on USMB gave me an earful the other day about my being a worshiper of some ancient god I never heard, and somehow linked that to my being pro-choice. But I looked it up, and it turns out that he was just repeating some whacked out theory written by a guy from a southern baptist school. It was meaningless.

First of all, posting a thread with videos of testimonies is not "proselytizing." Nobody was forced to click on this thread. Posting a thread with testimonies is not "pushy", that is absurd and laughable.

Secondly, even if it WAS (which it isn't, but for the sake of argument) is it against the rules? If so, report it. If not, then feel free to move on to another thread, if you don't like this one. Nobody is forcing you to read it. Or is the mere presence of this thread on the list of latest posts a problem for you? If so, that is an extremely odd mindset, and it reminds me of the government of North Korea.

Also, it is hilarious - to put it mildly- to call my Christian beliefs, a "small bizarre cult." My version of Christianity is as standard as it gets. With the exception of my veganism (which I'm sure is not what you were talking about) I have very standard Christian views, nothing out of the ordinary.

Lastly, you completely ignored and failed to address the most important part of my post. I'll repeat. It is JESUS who said to "go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." So, again, your problem is with JESUS' words, not mine.

I haven't done anything here but post videos, and answer a few questions. If that is "pushy" to you, then your idea of pushy is extremely odd.

Dumping propaganda literature is proselytizing.

Do you know how many of these stupid things I've thrown in the bin over the years?

81MIMDJzVoL.jpg

Dumping propaganda literature is proselytizing.

Do you know how many of these stupid things I've thrown in the bin over the years?

81MIMDJzVoL.jpg

Thou doth protest too much. I really, really, really want to say more, but I won't, since I'll probably be accused of "proselytizing." haha

yes----posting Christian propaganda on a MIXED public messageboard
IS PROSELYTIZING. Standing in the street handing out Christian
propaganda to one and all IS PROSELYTIZING. I have no idea where
you got the idea that "PROSELYTIZING" is not proselytizing if it is not
FORCED CONVERSION. Take a trip to a shariah adherent land and
tell the QADI-----that handing out copies of the NT to muslims is not
proselytizing (hang onto your head)

yes----posting Christian propaganda on a MIXED public messageboard
IS PROSELYTIZING. Standing in the street handing out Christian
propaganda to one and all IS PROSELYTIZING. I have no idea where
you got the idea that "PROSELYTIZING" is not proselytizing if it is not
FORCED CONVERSION. Take a trip to a shariah adherent land and