Zone1 Jesus Tempted By The Devil / Satan

Satan was from the beginning just a metaphor for a despicable human archetype that has been openly living among people on earth ever since there were people. The big bad wolf never existed but the people that metaphor represents are very very real and the danger is also very very real.

And I am not blaming cruelty on any imaginary being. Real people who display the clearly defined attributes of the talking serpent have been running amok worldwide like a plague for millennia.

If you don't believe me watch a TV preacher or a politician screwing up minds and lives by conning the gullible and cowardly in full view of heaven and earth and then tell me that satan never existed.

The Hebrew word is nachash, both a noun and an adjective, meaning serpent, brazen, shiny one, and/or one who practices divination, the magical arts, sorcery, what is now known as mind control.

The stars of the ancient world.
And the bible isn't the first place the archetype ever was imagined. There is nothing new in the OT or the NT regarding human behavior that wasn't known before they were written

I understand them just fine , thank you.

If that were true you would not be saying that satan never existed but is just a metaphor like all mythological characters that represent some very real despicable predatory human archetypes.

Reality is by far more unbelievably bizarre than any fairy tale myth or fable ever written.

If that were true you would not be saying that satan never existed but is just a metaphor like all mythological characters that represent some very real despicable predatory human archetypes.

Reality is by far more unbelievably bizarre than any fairy tale myth or fable ever written.
Mythical characters have never existed either.

That's true .. since Hal Lindsey burst on the scene with the Christian Zionism of Scofield, futurism, the rapture and end times scenarios dominate.

One need not know anything about Lindsey and Scofield to understand that there are yet future events pending.

One need not know anything about Lindsey and Scofield to understand that there are yet future events pending.

Like what? The tribulation was over in 70 AD. Remember, Jesus told them to flee to the mountains when they saw the abomination of desolation again. They did and avoided all the horrors of that time. They went to Pella.

No it doesn't. I'm personally not big on the supernatural. If you talk about feeding the five thousand with a few loaves, I'm thinking spiritual food in the preaching.

Not big on it? You deny it.

It doesn't. Your interpretation of it does.

If you deny every supernatural act he performed the only thing left for you to believe is he was a political figure.

I don't believe in the supernatural, however that doesn't mean Jesus was a political figure. He makes it abundantly clear his kingdom is not on earth. Jesus was a spiritual leader.

Like what? The tribulation was over in 70 AD. Remember, Jesus told them to flee to the mountains when they saw the abomination of desolation again. They did and avoided all the horrors of that time. They went to Pella.

I know that that is what you believe, do you still deny Christ coming again to get His Church?

I have none, but others here do. They believe it heretical.

I see . It might help if they studied up on Antiochus IV Epiphanies.

According the Merriam Webster's online dictionary, a preterist is:

"in Christianity : one who holds that the prophecies in the Bible about the End Times have already been fulfilled"

Forum List

Back