Jesus helped me do my taxes.

You accidentally stumbled into a US Post Office. Although it probably won't make any difference.

You accidentally stumbled into a US Post Office. Although it probably won't make any difference.

Naw..it was H&R block.

Getting back less this year then last year..which sucks.

why wold you celebrate getting money back? I never understood that. they take to much during the year and use it interest free,then give it back to you? if you adjusted your withholding's etc. you could get to close to even.

417608_3293829593913_1512995439_3057119_40343923_n.jpg

Yesterday I went to H&R Block to get my taxes done. The agent that did them said,

"I'm Jesus and I am here to help you".

:lol:
Why do we have to tell the government how much we owe them in taxes? Taxes are a bill they charge us so why do we have to do all the math? The pizza guy doesn't show up and ask you how much you owe right? Why don't they just tell us what we owe? They know. Employers, banks, already send these details to the IRS. It's called Return Free Filing. Then you check their work not the other way around.

Countries around the world do it. You can do your taxes in 5 minutes. Bills have been introduced but Turbotax & H&R block lobbyists shut it down.

The Tax software industry.

Again, corporations have way too much power.

Why do we have to tell the government how much we owe them in taxes? Taxes are a bill they charge us so why do we have to do all the math? The pizza guy doesn't show up and ask you how much you owe right? Why don't they just tell us what we owe? They know. Employers, banks, already send these details to the IRS. It's called Return Free Filing. Then you check their work not the other way around.

Countries around the world do it. You can do your taxes in 5 minutes. Bills have been introduced but Turbotax & H&R block lobbyists shut it down.

The Tax software industry.

Again, corporations have way too much power.

That is pretty much how the rest of the world does it.

I had to pay less this year than last, but not by much.
I had to pay $1200 this year. I always get money back. But is that a bad thing? It turned out my stock broker sold some of my stock. It made $8K and he decided to sell. So I REALIZED $8000 profit. But he re invested it in something else. So I never saw that money. Then Russia happened and that $8000 has at least temporarily disappeared. So I paid $1200 on money I technically don't even have anymore. LOL.

If it didn't come back I could claim it as a loss next year? Anyways, it will come back.

So my point is paying more isn't always a bad thing. It might mean you made more. That's what it meant for me.

Forum List

Back