"Jesus Christ, God Damn it"... OK... "Fag, Homo"... Not OK.

Was watching Bill Burr last night on Comedy Central and some Words were beeped...

Others not.

Why this Standard?

:)

peace...
Ask the FCC why?

They should either both be or neither...

Seems Fairly Obvious, doesn't it?...

Yet the SMALLEST Group of People to be Offended are the ones being Catered to...

I'm Certain there's a Justification for it.

peace...

Offensiveness is defined by whoever can complain the loudest, and inflict the most guilt on those who decide what is offensive, and what is not.

Offensiveness is defined by whoever can complain the loudest, and inflict the most guilt on those who decide what is offensive, and what is not.

It's also defined by whether the statement is an attack or a standard oath such as, "God damn, I missed my appointment". Who's being attacked in a statement like that vs. calling someone "fag" or "homo"?

It's also defined by whether the statement is an attack or a standard oath such as, "God damn, I missed my appointment". Who's being attacked in a statement like that vs. calling someone "fag" or "homo"?

This post is concerning televison, not in person stuff. On the TV it really only matters what is said, not how it is said. On TV and radio in reality, it is the word, not the use, unless they can prove it was accidental.

To certian religous people, the "god damn" is blasphemy, which offends them greatly. There is no other real use. On the other hand, fag, as an example (and as per south park) is gradually trending from always meaning homosexual to more of a statement to use against obnoxious or douchey behavior.

I once went to England on business.

In that country "fag" is the slang for a cigarette.

Outside of the buildings there would be a bucket of sand labeled "fags" for people to put their cigarette butt's in before entering.

It's standard oaths vs perjorative statements about a group. I don't really see where the two compare.

Then I'm Certain that they have Modified Jeff Foxworthy's Routine to Beep out "Redneck", correct?...

And "Homo" is NOT a Pejorative... It's Perfectly Accurate.

"Fag" is a Pejorative.

peace...

I once went to England on business.

In that country "fag" is the slang for a cigarette.

Outside of the buildings there would be a bucket of sand labeled "fags" for people to put their cigarette butt's in before entering.

I bet if the Average Muslim in the ME saw a Picture of that, they would Imagine that that could be the Answer for that Problem...

You know, the way the Leader in Iran doesn't really have an Issue with Hitler.

peace...

Was watching Bill Burr last night on Comedy Central and some Words were beeped...

Others not.

Why this Standard?

peace...

That's so gay.

It's "Ghey"... Like "Phat" and "Nigga"... Otherwise you are a Hateful and Intolerant Cracker!...

And YOU aren't allowed to say "Nigga" either, Motherfucker! :lol:

peace...

It's standard oaths vs perjorative statements about a group. I don't really see where the two compare.

Then I'm Certain that they have Modified Jeff Foxworthy's Routine to Beep out "Redneck", correct?...

"Fag" is a Pejorative.

peace...

Homosexual isn't, "homo" IS. It's in the intent. That's why "redneck" has not been bleeped out. The intent isn't there.

"Fag" is a Pejorative.

peace...

Homosexual isn't, "homo" IS. It's in the intent. That's why "redneck" has not been bleeped out. The intent isn't there.

Says you...

peace...

GLBT people actually exist. They might really be hurt by the insults hurled their way.

Jesus? Well, if he exists, surely he's beyond being hurt by a tv show.

If it's about who it Insults...

What would the FCC do or the Networks if Bill Burr was to say something VERY Offensive about Islam's Warrior?...

peace...

Others not.

Why this Standard?

peace...

That's so gay.

It's "Ghey"... Like "Phat" and "Nigga"... Otherwise you are a Hateful and Intolerant Cracker!...

And YOU aren't allowed to say "Nigga" either, Motherfucker! :lol:

peace...

only-we-can-call-each-other-cracker-1.jpg

Forum List

Back