Jerusalem Mayor Calls on Residents to Carry Guns

The more I read the more I see the mayor qualifying his statement.

"In Israel we're fortunate to have many ex-military and current military reservists that are professionals, well trained, they know how to fight. They know how to use weapons," said Barkat, himself a former Israeli paratrooper commander. "For us, it's an extra security measure that's not happening in the rest of the world."

Associated Press

"This is something Israelis understand, appreciate and feel secure," the Mayor said. "In America and in Europe, if you see civilians carry guns you get scared. In Israel, it's exactly the opposite."

I agree. :)

"This is something Israelis understand, appreciate and feel secure," the Mayor said. "In America and in Europe, if you see civilians carry guns you get scared. In Israel, it's exactly the opposite."

I agree. :)
The Mayor was talking about qualified people carrying weapons not every person who wishes to have a weapon.

again from the OP

"Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat on Thursday encouraged all Israelis with a gun license to carry a weapon with them at all times in order to counter a recent wave of Palestinian attacks."

Of course they need a gun licence! obviously! (and those who don't will get it ASAP I am sure)

The point of this thread is that he is actively calling on residents to carry guns for their own protection.

again from the OP

"Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat on Thursday encouraged all Israelis with a gun license to carry a weapon with them at all times in order to counter a recent wave of Palestinian attacks."

Of course they need a gun licence! obviously! (and those who don't will get it ASAP I am sure)

The point of this thread is that he is actively calling on residents to carry guns for their own protection.

Seems like I owe you an apology, you are correct, "Criteria for licensing weapons were eased last year in the wake of a series of terrorist attacks.

Jerusalem mayor calls on civilians to carry weapons in wake of terror attacks - Diplomacy and Defense

for those who didn't noticed ... here is a photo of Jerusalem’s mayor this week with his gun while visiting a Palestinian neighborhood, and making no apologies.

Wonderful place to live. The people you oppress want to kill you so you have to carry a gun.

Bless you Mayor of Jerusalem

Bless you we love you ....

They need to take all the muslims out of the west bank and put them in Gaza. If they still do not behave then bomb Gaza till it no longer exists.

You sound like Hitler.

You would know seeing as he was one of your hero's after the then pope joined him in his unholy holocaust of Jews, Gypsies, disabled, mental defectives and other untermensch

As Palestinian violence escalates Israel tries to deal with further terror attacks. Jerusalem mayor calls on residents to carry guns
Downside of that is the Palestinians could get hold of them and use them against Israeli children and foreign visitors.
Training, situational awareness, ballz!
Just erect fences around the muslim enclaves and fire from watch towers.
Just resettle palistanians and that's it. In vew of the grand resettlement, taking place in the EU, it is perfectly acceptable and feasible, anything else to the contrary is pure hypocricy, of course.

more from the Mayor

"If somebody is concerned about people carrying guns, then don't be violent and you have nothing to be concerned about because we're here to make sure the city is safe and secure," he said.

Hahaha...

Imagine saying that in the US!

Were those students being "violent" when they were shot?

more from the Mayor

"If somebody is concerned about people carrying guns, then don't be violent and you have nothing to be concerned about because we're here to make sure the city is safe and secure," he said.

Hahaha...

Imagine saying that in the US!

Were those students being "violent" when they were shot?

Were the neo Marxists being violent when they destroyed shops and homes after looting them. Maybe they would have been different if they faced being shot.

more from the Mayor

I am beginning to like this Mayor! :2up:

I imagine since Zionist expect the Palestinians to worship at their feet. The Zionist instigated this unrest and now blame the Palestinians, but what is new, your a secular police state, with a few Orthodox Jews, which by the way are the most hated in Israel , you have a problem, when you get rid of the Pals you will have to contend with them. I imagine giving them the temple mount will appease them, since Zionist could give 10 rips about it.

Last edited:
more from the Mayor

I imagine since Zionist expect the Palestinians to worship at their feet. The Zionist instigated this unrest and now blame the Palestinians, but what is new, your a secular police state, with a few Orthodox Jews, which by the way are the most hated in Israel , you have a problem, when you get rid of the Pals you will have to contend with them. I imagine giving them the temple mount will appease them, since Zionist could give 10 rips about it.

How about a link showing that Zionists started the intifada then, when you cant find one you can come back and apologise

more from the Mayor

How about a link showing that Zionists started the intifada then, when you cant find one you can come back and apologise

There are thousands so not apologizing for anything. The Zionist want the land, all of it, and if there is not an uprising , they will start one.

Forum List

Back