Jeff Mackey Sees The Illusion And "Knows" The U.S. Economy Is IMPLODING . . .

most people would be better off if they would ignore macke. nine times out of ten he shows his ignorance.

most people would be better off if they would ignore macke. nine times out of ten he shows his ignorance.

About 2 weeks ago the S&P was at 920, and on Fast Money he said he was going to buy some SDS (ultrashort S&P) down to only 900, but no farther because he didn't want to be a "hater", and didn't think it would get any lower than 900. Not only has it gone lower, but what a ridiculous reason to hold or not hold a position.

I used to kind of like the guy, but he's about as cocky as it gets, and wrong more often than not.

So here he is, apparently "waking up" to the imminent implosion that Terral says is coming, but just a mere two weeks ago he didn't even think the S&P would dip under 900, and didn't want to be a hater.

Someone's being an idiot here, and I think it's Macke AND Terral.

Hi Wimpy with the Auditor mentioned:

you have hit the nail on the head. homes need to sell so new housing starts can rise and you are also correct the unemployment rates will stay elevated for i think a couple of years.

The Auditor has hit nothing with his unsupported “I believe” testimony in Post #2. If Wimpy has ANY financial expert (like you see in the OP) with evidence that U.S. Stock Market/Economy Fundamentals will EVER improve, then please paste that information to this thread in your next thoughtful reply. Neither of you guys have bothered to address one point in the Opening Post, because you have nothing to support any case for anything at all :)confused: = as usual). Agreeing with the Auditor that unemployment rates will stay elevated :)cuckoo: = you guys are funny) actually supports the OP hypothesis that the stock markets and the U.S. Economy in general are IMPLODING.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFLfzbZQFI"]Wimpy And Auditor = Dennis + Terral = Jeff[/ame]

Just put your fat behinds in Dennis’ chair and try to understand what Jeff Mackey is saying using language fit for a child ‘and’ perhaps something will sink in to show you guys “the Light” . . .

Just say, “Yeah” and nod (like bobble head stooges) . . . and pretend you have some idea about what Jeff is talking about . . .

GL,

Terral

Agreeing that unemployment will remain high does not equate to ever increasing unemployment nor does it equate to an imploding stock market. That already happened as the market lost half of it's value. This recent rally is not likely indicitive of a new bull market but rather is a bear rally. I would not be surprised at all to see us back down in the 6000 range again, but any lower is highly unlikely.

BTW, you posted comments from a few doomsday so called experts. Are you telling us there are no experts out there with different views? Or do you just choose to ignore them?

Moneynews - Rogoff: Housing Recovery Will Take Five Years

Moneynews - Rupert Murdoch: The Worst Is Over

Moneynews - Kessler: No Bull Market Yet

There are many more so called experts who don't buy into the idea that we are headed to global disaster. Your scenario is just one of the multitude of possibilities.

i dont think we will see 6,000 again. i think davd s is being too confident in his 10,000 by july scenario. we are seeing a 3rd wave of foreclosures and this time the velocity of that is vicious. until the rate of foreclosure slow we can't recover fully. that's not going to happen until companies stop firing people.

By the way Terral, there's no Y in Macke's name. Just in case you'd like to clean up your act a bit.
Paulie is that avatar of yours Obama? if it is? in the right light, kinda favors George W Bush in a weirded out kinda way??? I saw i think it was on MSNBC, NBC, ABC or CNN one of them, that some how or the other, BUSH, Cheney and Obama are all cousins 4th and 5th:lol::lol::lol:

What you tolerate today, YOU! will entertain tomorrow... -Whitelion

Hi Wimpy with the Auditor mentioned:

The Auditor has hit nothing with his unsupported “I believe” testimony in Post #2. If Wimpy has ANY financial expert (like you see in the OP) with evidence that U.S. Stock Market/Economy Fundamentals will EVER improve, then please paste that information to this thread in your next thoughtful reply. Neither of you guys have bothered to address one point in the Opening Post, because you have nothing to support any case for anything at all :)confused: = as usual). Agreeing with the Auditor that unemployment rates will stay elevated :)cuckoo: = you guys are funny) actually supports the OP hypothesis that the stock markets and the U.S. Economy in general are IMPLODING.

Wimpy And Auditor = Dennis + Terral = Jeff

Just put your fat behinds in Dennis’ chair and try to understand what Jeff Mackey is saying using language fit for a child ‘and’ perhaps something will sink in to show you guys “the Light” . . .

Just say, “Yeah” and nod (like bobble head stooges) . . . and pretend you have some idea about what Jeff is talking about . . .

GL,

Terral

Agreeing that unemployment will remain high does not equate to ever increasing unemployment nor does it equate to an imploding stock market. That already happened as the market lost half of it's value. This recent rally is not likely indicitive of a new bull market but rather is a bear rally. I would not be surprised at all to see us back down in the 6000 range again, but any lower is highly unlikely.

BTW, you posted comments from a few doomsday so called experts. Are you telling us there are no experts out there with different views? Or do you just choose to ignore them?

There are many more so called experts who don't buy into the idea that we are headed to global disaster. Your scenario is just one of the multitude of possibilities.

i dont think we will see 6,000 again. i think davd s is being too confident in his 10,000 by july scenario. we are seeing a 3rd wave of foreclosures and this time the velocity of that is vicious. until the rate of foreclosure slow we can't recover fully. that's not going to happen until companies stop firing people.

But what about all these illegal mexicans 30,000,000 running around with anchor babies that dont pay taxes? or petrolium prices starting to climb again, trillion dollar bailouts with over printed inflationary bills? unemployment climbing, foreclosures as you said, not to mention the titlewave of loan interest coming to fruit on all of the above. Defies all common logic, given the benfit of the doubt, if were to somehow work it would be of OMAN proportions. Laugh if you please, i personally beleive we are in for one hell of a social and financial ride in the very near future... For the few that do have money arent going to invest it on a dying economy or the vultures thereof........

What you tolerate today... YOU! will entertain tomorrow.... -Whitelion

But what about all these illegal mexicans 30,000,000 running around with anchor babies that dont pay taxes? or petrolium prices starting to climb again, trillion dollar bailouts with over printed inflationary bills? unemployment climbing, foreclosures as you said, not to mention the titlewave of loan interest coming to fruit on all of the above. Defies all common logic, given the benfit of the doubt, if were to somehow work it would be of OMAN proportions. Laugh if you please, i personally beleive we are in for one hell of a social and financial ride in the very near future... For the few that do have money arent going to invest it on a dying economy or the vultures thereof........

What you tolerate today... YOU! will entertain tomorrow.... -Whitelion

go back and read what paulie responded to you previously. he is correct. paulie's avatar i think he's saying there's no difference between bush and obama. i think that's what is saying.

Last edited:
so who or what is worth an ear now Paulie? ~S~

No one. In the end, you can only trust yourself. At least that way, you have no one else to lay blame on.

As far as my avatar, it's just a morphing of Bush and Obama to make the statement that they're ultimately the same.

By the way guys, I'm just a novice trader who's spent a lot of time the past few years learning economics on my own. I'm certainly not an expert on these matters. I just have opinions like anyone else.

Last edited:
i think perhaps almost anyone paying attention can tell we're in trouble Paulie

but it would also seem that , while our government is trying to play the cool/calm card, there's only so much they are really capable of doing

anyone elected amounts to the same end result no matter what they say, because they have only so many cards they can play

so it becomes much more a systemic problem than any conspiracy

Hi Auditor:

Anyone can pick any expert they choose to listen to and believe their line of thinking. That doesn't make your line of thinking correct just because a few so called experts think we're on the verge of collapse. There are just as many, and actually many more, experts who believe we have bottomed out and things are likely to begin improving in the very near future.

If anyone can pick any expert they choose to listen and believe, then please explain why the Auditor quotes NOBODY to support your “I believe” rhetoric in Post #16.

I happen to fall in the middle due to the massive housing bubble. You are correct that there is no room for new home building, and that is precisely why I believe this downturn will be protracted, in my view probably for around ten years. We went through this in the 70's and 80's where we had near ten percent unemployment, but the economy did not implode then, and it is highly unlikely to do so now.

I suppose “Anybody” above refers to “Anybody except the Auditor can pick any expert . . .”. No. We did not go through ‘this’ in the 1970’s nor the 1980’s. That it what this panel of experts mean by “Uncharted Territory . . .”.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSBgfYrL9fs"]Uncharted Territory: Panel On The Economic Crisis[/ame]

Remember that the “Credit Default Swap” DEBT is measured in quadrillions of dollars (story). The ‘8 Bubbles Quadrillion Play Grows 22% to $206k per person-on-planet’ (story).

Housing is a major problem for one simple reason, we overbuilt. For a stretch of nearly five years, almost all new home sales were due to speculators.

No. The American Consumer Base was destroyed by too much Outsourcing of JOBS (story) and the importation of FAR TOO MANY Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal = Guest Worker Fraud stories) stealing U.S. identities and JOBS. The supposed Housing Bubble is a ‘symptom’ of a collapsing U.S. Consumer Base suffering under lower and lower WAGES or NO WAGES at all for Americans and ‘now’ Illegal Aliens. Senor Clinton and Senor Bush and now Senor Obama refuse to ‘enforce’ the “Rule of Law” contained within the “Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986” (Wiki), which means lost JOBS for U.S. Citizens in the early stages of “Lawlessness.” The bottom rungs of the Socioeconomic Pyramid then IMPLODE, as masons and their tenders, carpenters and their helpers, dry-wallers, roofers, etc. become ‘displaced’ from the local job markets. Eventually we see TOO MANY U.S. Workers losing their JOBS leading to higher unemployment, bankruptcies, mortgage foreclosures, etc., until and the unscrupulous employers must lay off their Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals; because of “Demand Destruction” (GlobalEconomicCrisis.com). Now that your U.S. Consumer Base has been destroyed, THEN you also have what appears to be a “Housing Bubble,” because WAGES went south rather than the Illegal Aliens . . .

If you look at total home sales, buyers who purchased homes for their personal use only accounted for existing home sales. There was no need for the building of any new homes during that period, but speculators created the bubble by purchasing and trying to flip these homes. When they finally realized there were no buyers, we hit a brick wall.

No. The Govt refused to protect the JOBS of U.S. Citizens with FAR too much Outsourcing and the importation of FAR too many Foreign Nationals, until the Controlled Demolition of the U.S. Consumer Base was achieved very much on purpose. U.S. and Global Companies have fewer and fewer “U.S. Customers” moving back in with mama and granny; as the U.S. Economy IMPLODES more and more with every passing day. The central banks ‘now’ cannot bail fast enough (story) and we will all see the U.S. Economy IMPLODE in 2009. We are looking at an “Economic Collapse By Design” (the Real Story Video).

So, who will purchase these homes? Well, we continue to increase our population by nearly 3 million people per year. As population increases, those homes will be filled, and then new home construction will start again. Until then, things are going to be rough for everyone, but that doesn't mean our economy is going to implode or that we're going to see 25% unemployment.

Bullony! Where are ‘your’ experts who share your rosy outlook for the collapsing U.S. Economy? :0) Many parts of the USA already have 25% unemployment (story and story)!!! The ‘real unemployment rate’ in the USA right now is higher than 15 percent (story) and growing!

The fact is that right now we have real unemployment of around 4%.

Please forgive, but the Auditor is one of the permanent residents of “CrazyTown” that Jeff Macke is talking about.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFLfzbZQFI"]Bobble Heads Watch Again . . .[/ame]

Just say “Yeah” and nod . . . Lordy . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:

Forum List

Back