JAYWALKING is now a crime deserving Beat Downs.

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

Two Austin Men Beaten By Police For Jaywalking

Two men had just crossed the street when they were rushed by several Austin police officers who shoved them against a wall, punching and kneeing them while telling them to stop resisting.

When asked what crime had the men committed, one of the cops looked up and said, “crossed against the light.”

Yes, that heinous crime of jaywalking, which is taken very serious in Austin as we learned last year when the city made international news after police beat up a jogger for jaywalking

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo quickly came to the defense of the arresting officers, saying they may have been rough with the female college student, but at least they didn’t rape her.

This person absolutely took something that was as simple as ‘Austin Police – Stop!’ and decided to do everything you see on that video,” Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said at a press conference Friday, according to Austin NPR station 90.5 KUT.

And quite frankly she wasn’t charged with resisting. She’s lucky I wasn’t the arresting officer, because I wouldn’t have been as generous. … In other cities there’s cops who are actually committing sexual assaults on duty, so I thank God that this is what passes for a controversy in Austin, Texas,” Acevedo said.

So yes, while beating up citizens up for jaywalking might seem a bit extreme, especially since jaywalking citations are supposedly meant for safety reasons, we should be grateful that they didn’t drag the young men into a back alley and sodomize them.

Instead, they dragged one of them into the street and handcuffed him.

Hey...your but buddy DontTazeMeBro already did a whole thread on this.

If this is the standard procedure....how many other Jaywalkers were beaten this month?? Or...did these two act differently?

I do agree it's a dumbass idea to enforce this law. Austin PD undoubtedly got a lot of complaints about people walking in the middle of the street. Here in my town of Charleston we have huge numbers of tourists and college students in a cramped downtown and Jay walking can bring traffic to a halt all day. CPD just ignores it and people are mad at both CPD and the jaywalkers. Oh well.

No wonder so many whites are behind the "black lives matter" movement.

You need to federalise, to lean these buggers up. Of course the down side will be totalitarian control, but I think you need it. You can have national sensitivity training for the cops. Like they do in Sydney here. The cops are respectful there.

I'll check it out then

If this is the standard procedure....

Stop right there goof ball, no one said that

Ok. So beating is not "for" Jay walking then. It resulted from something that went irregular during the Jay walking enforcement. Hmmm. Wonder what that could've been?

No wonder so many whites are behind the "black lives matter" movement.

You need to federalise, to lean these buggers up. Of course the down side will be totalitarian control, but I think you need it. You can have national sensitivity training for the cops. Like they do in Sydney here. The cops are respectful there.

These are our Cops ...any questions ?

Florida cop shows up too ‘wasted’ to accept award for DUI arrests from Mothers Against Drunk Driving

I'll check it out then

If this is the standard procedure....

Stop right there goof ball, no one said that

Ok. So beating is not "for" Jay walking then. It resulted from something that went irregular during the Jay walking enforcement. Hmmm. Wonder what that could've been?

It was for Jaywalking. You cant spin this to be what you want it to be. Reality doesnt work that way. The Irregular thing was the beating for Jaywalking. The cop said so on tape.

I don't understand the OP's concern. He supports a philosophy which promotes the destruction of people's lives for refusing to serve a hypothetical pizza to at a hypothetical gay wedding, so why shouldn't law enforcement use violence for even minor infractions?

I don't understand the OP's concern. He supports a philosophy which promotes the destruction of people's lives for refusing to serve a hypothetical pizza to at a hypothetical gay wedding, so why shouldn't law enforcement use violence for even minor infractions?

What does one have to do with the other Plastic Man?

The cops are throwing them around. How in the world can they tell they are resisting?

Resisting the laws of gravity? :laugh:

If you are going to support a Thugocracy, don't be surprised when Thuggery becomes the preferred method for dealing with all conflict.

Of course you don't get it. You libs never see your own hypocrisy.

You are outraged a cop would use force over a minor infraction.

But then....want massive consequences for a other very minor offense. Such as...losing your small business and going bankrupt...just because you didn't wanna make a cake for a gay wedding.

Personally....if I had to choose between being roughed up just a little by a cop....or losing my entire livelihood and business....hell...hit me twice sir!!

If you are going to support a Thugocracy, don't be surprised when Thuggery becomes the preferred method for dealing with all conflict.

All you've done is say this is ok because you believe I believe something you made up. Stop playing.

I always wondered about this. Libs are outraged when law enforcement dares enforce petty laws.

Then....liberals go support the legislation and passing of dozens and dozens of more intrusive petty laws.

What if the San Francisco Wal Mart starts using plastic bags? And refuses to stop? Eventually....wouldn't SFPD be told to go make an arrest??? What if the Walmart employees refused. And told them fuck off they aren't going. And resisted.

You know there would be a fight. And a video.

And libs would whine "SFPD beats down minority Walmart workers for using plastic bags!!"

Of course you don't get it. You libs never see your own hypocrisy.

You are outraged a cop would use force over a minor infraction.

Yes, arent you?

But then....want massive consequences for a other very minor offense. Such as...losing your small business and going bankrupt...just because you didn't wanna make a cake for a gay wedding.

No I dont and I wouldnt approve of them being beaten for it either.

Personally....if I had to choose between being roughed up just a little by a cop....or losing my entire livelihood and business....hell...hit me twice sir!!

Its not a choice at all. The cops beat them they didnt offer a choice between a beating and baking a cake or whatever deflection bullshit story you're presenting.

Now that I've told you I dont support beating them, I'm sure you're say that I do and run with your bullshit lie like you always do.

All you've done is say this is ok because you believe I believe something you made up. Stop playing.

Clearly, your reading comprehension is (unsurprisingly) not quite up to snuff.

I do not condone the violence. I do believe it is the logical consequence of Your Ideology.

You sow the whirlwind. You reap the whirlwind. Peak Progressivism is Very Ugly.

I always wondered about this. Libs are outraged when law enforcement dares enforce petty laws.

Then....liberals go support the legislation and passing of dozens and dozens of more intrusive petty laws.

What if the San Francisco Wal Mart starts using plastic bags? And refuses to stop? Eventually....wouldn't SFPD be told to go make an arrest??? What if the Walmart employees refused. And told them fuck off they aren't going. And resisted.

You know there would be a fight. And a video.

And libs would whine "SFPD beats down minority Walmart workers for using plastic bags!!"

They'd be upset that the SFPD didn't just lynch them...I mean, PLASTIC BAGS! The only things worse are cigarettes and FOSSIL FUELS.

Forum List

Back