Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

*sigh*

I have this terrible dichotomy in my heart towards Japan....on one hand I admire and respect their culture so much....

on the other ,I despise their need for killing whales....and I know many Japanese despise it too!

Please Japan.....please stop killing whales.

They ate it raw, often in the form of bone marrow.

Humans are neither capable of hunting nor cutting through an animal even as harmless as a deer without using tools.

Of course we are.

You will lose your teeth after few tries and then you will starve :) You were evolved to be a herbivore whether you like it or not.

Sorry champ, but it's omnivore all the way.

You cannot even make sushi without tools. Forget about skinning a deer with your teeth and nails. Good night! I have to hit the bed. I have to work tomorrow.

No matter how hard you sleep, humans can still eat fish without a Bassmaster5000.

*sigh*

I have this terrible dichotomy in my heart towards Japan....on one hand I admire and respect their culture so much....

on the other ,I despise their need for killing whales....and I know many Japanese despise it too!

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

*sigh*

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

yummy?

you are crazier than I thought :dunno:

*sigh*

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

yummy?

Have you ever tried?

*sigh*

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

yummy?

Have you ever tried?

have I tried what

go away.... o_O

*sigh*

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

yummy?

Have you ever tried?

have I tried what...

Whale

*sigh*

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

yummy?

Have you ever tried?

have I tried what...

Whale

Why would I want to kill and eat a beautiful whale? NO

I prefer couscous ....you... insensitive person.

Humans are neither capable of hunting nor cutting through an animal even as harmless as a deer without using tools.

Of course we are.

You will lose your teeth after few tries and then you will starve :) You were evolved to be a herbivore whether you like it or not.

Sorry champ, but it's omnivore all the way.

You cannot even make sushi without tools. Forget about skinning a deer with your teeth and nails. Good night! I have to hit the bed. I have to work tomorrow.

No matter how hard you sleep, humans can still eat fish without a Bassmaster5000.

hqdefault.jpg

Bass-o-matic.....

The issue of whaling is not purely an environmental issue as Australians are prone to think about Japanese whaling in terms of defending White Australia from Asians, which complicates the problem. The Japanese whaling fleets have been violating the Australian Whaling Sanctuary and whaling in the zone is illegal under Aussie law, which is not recognised by Japan. Only few Western countries honour the AWS as Australia's Exclusive Economic Zone. Just like Iceland which catches whales in the North Sea, it would not be problematic, if Japan only hunts whales within its territorial waters such as the Sea of Japan.

Last edited:

That's an opinion piece from the Huffington Post. Is that more credible than legitimate scientific sources? Nah, I don't think so.

Eating Meat Made Us Human, Suggests New Skull Fossil

Eating Meat Made Us Human, Suggests New Skull Fossil

Fragments of a 1.5-million-year-old skull from a child recently found in Tanzania suggest early hominids weren't just occasional carnivores but regular meat eaters, researchers say.

The finding helps build the case that meat-eating helped the human lineage evolve large brains, scientists added.

"I know this will sound awful to vegetarians, but meat made us human," said researcher Manuel Domínguez-Rodrigo, an archaeologist at Complutense University in Madrid.

Sorry, vegans: Eating meat and cooking food is how humans got their big brains

Sorry, vegans: Eating meat and cooking food is how humans got their big brains

Vegetarian, vegan and raw diets can be healthful, probably far more healthful than the typical American diet. But to call these diets “natural” for humans is a bit of a stretch in terms of evolution, according to two recent studies.

Eating meat and cooking food made us human, the studies suggest, enabling the brains of our prehuman ancestors to grow dramatically over a few million years.

Although this isn’t the first such assertion from archaeologists and evolutionary biologists, the new studies demonstrate that it would have been biologically implausible for humans to evolve such a large brain on a raw, vegan diet and that meat-eating was a crucial element of human evolution at least a million years before the dawn of humankind.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120420105539.htm

Meat eating behind evolutionary success of humankind, global population spread, study suggests

Carnivory is behind the evolutionary success of humankind. When early humans started to eat meat and eventually hunt, their new, higher-quality diet meant that women could wean their children earlier. Women could then give birth to more children during their reproductive life, which is a possible contribution to the population gradually spreading over the world. The connection between eating meat and a faster weaning process is shown by a research group from Sweden, which compared close to 70 mammalian species and found clear patterns.

By Land or by Sea: How Did Early Humans Access Key Brain-Building Nutrients?

BTW, by 1976, we had wiped out approx half of all ocean species.

At that rate, how long do you believe it will be before the other half is gone?

What will dead oceans mean to our planet?
How many species have we discovered since then? How many have yet to be discovered?
But you are right.. It could happen one day..
Maybe we should aborting babies from loser mothers to control the population?

BTW, by 1976, we had wiped out approx half of all ocean species.

At that rate, how long do you believe it will be before the other half is gone?

What will dead oceans mean to our planet?
How many species have we discovered since then? How many have yet to be discovered?
But you are right.. It could happen one day..
Maybe we should aborting babies from loser mothers to control the population?

Too late, bobomengele is already here.

Forum List

Back