Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Minke whales aren't endangered. What's the problem here? How is killing and eating a non-endangered whale any different than killing and eating a cow?

Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

As many as 333 minke whales have been caught by Japan's whaling fleet during its 2015-16 Antarctic expedition. The government has confirmed the latest catch and the return of the fleet. According to Japan's Institute of Cetacean Research, the capture includes pregnant females as well. Tokyo defends the practice by saying the whaling is for scientific research purposes. But environmentalists have been furious that almost all of the captured whales end up on diners' plates.

Last edited:
There is no reason to continue slaughtering any species of whale and plenty of reason not to.

If one wants to eat fatty, tasteless shit, let them kill and eat RWNJs.

Seriously, we've got plenty of them and they serve no purpose except to harm others. Mow them down, get rid of them and the world will be a better place.

:Boom2:

BTW, by 1976, we had wiped out approx half of all ocean species.

At that rate, how long do you believe it will be before the other half is gone?

What will dead oceans mean to our planet?

Last edited:
OK, so some of the whales were pregnant. Now, in liberalese, that means the Japs were just performing perfectly legal abortions. True, the life of the mother was lost along the way but that's just collateral damage in the war to preserve the rights of the females..........

Can somebody tell me why killing and eating a non-endangered whale is more reprehensible than killing and eating a cow?

Can somebody tell me why killing and eating a non-endangered whale is more reprehensible than killing and eating a cow?

Not me.

Eating meat is killing our planet.

Sadly, for those who despise their own children and grand children, this is good reason to eat even more.

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

Infographic

Larger image at ^^this^^ link.
Cowspiracy-Infographic.png

If the Indians can use the "its their culture" excuse to fish to death lakes we stocked so can the Japanese on the Oceans......

Not me.

Sadly, for those who despise their own children and grand children, this is good reason to eat even more.

Infographic

Our planet is pretty sturdy, it can handle burgers and steaks.

Giving up beef will make you an even bigger pussy, says me.
But you should definitely do that.

It is not reprehensible, only the volumes of the killings are too high, humans swarm up the planet too much now, and animals didn't receive the technology that humans have to keep the balance.

Not me.

Infographic

Okay, so we have now gone from ship building to animal farming, to demonize human activities. Well, all lead to rapid deforestation, and now there is Brazilian and Canadian shale mining too. I think humans need to be deported to a desert planet, where no other living thing stands in their way.

Forum List

Back