Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

Can somebody tell me why killing and eating a non-endangered whale is more reprehensible than killing and eating a cow?

Not me.

Eating meat is killing our planet.

Sadly, for those who despise their own children and grand children, this is good reason to eat even more.

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

Infographic

Larger image at ^^this^^ link.
Cowspiracy-Infographic.png
Okay, so we have now gone from ship building to animal farming, to demonize human activities. Well, all lead to rapid deforestation, and now there is Brazilian and Canadian shale mining too. I think humans need to be deported to a desert planet, where no other living thing stands in their way.
You go first.

Can somebody tell me why killing and eating a non-endangered whale is more reprehensible than killing and eating a cow?

Not me.

Eating meat is killing our planet.

Sadly, for those who despise their own children and grand children, this is good reason to eat even more.

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

Infographic

Larger image at ^^this^^ link.
Cowspiracy-Infographic.png
Okay, so we have now gone from ship building to animal farming, to demonize human activities. Well, all lead to rapid deforestation, and now there is Brazilian and Canadian shale mining too. I think humans need to be deported to a desert planet, where no other living thing stands in their way.
You go first.
Didn't I say humans? I will investigate this.

This is unfair. The whales can't use hooks and guns to catch humans. Humans are evil.

Life is unfair?

Wait, I need to alert the media.
Hehe. Well in this case death is unfair, but ....

Yes, death is unfair.

You know what's unfair, the fact that whales are mammals that were chased off the land my other, meaner, bigger mammals. If life was fair, whales would still be land mammals.......and we could hunt them without a ship.

It is not reprehensible, only the volumes of the killings are too high, humans swarm up the planet too much now, and animals didn't receive the technology that humans have to keep the balance.

I've tried to give animals technology......they refuse to use it. Damn luddites!!!

OK, so some of the whales were pregnant. Now, in liberalese, that means the Japs were just performing perfectly legal abortions. True, the life of the mother was lost along the way but that's just collateral damage in the war to preserve the rights of the females..........

You are a seriously twisted person.

Eating meat is reprehensible. Period. There is a lot of suffering that goes on when you kill an animal.

So you agree that eating non-endangered whales is pretty much the same as eating cows?

Minke whales aren't endangered. What's the problem here? How is killing and eating a non-endangered whale any different than killing and eating a cow?

Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

As many as 333 minke whales have been caught by Japan's whaling fleet during its 2015-16 Antarctic expedition. The government has confirmed the latest catch and the return of the fleet. According to Japan's Institute of Cetacean Research, the capture includes pregnant females as well. Tokyo defends the practice by saying the whaling is for scientific research purposes. But environmentalists have been furious that almost all of the captured whales end up on diners' plates.

Tastes like chicken

Minke whales aren't endangered. What's the problem here? How is killing and eating a non-endangered whale any different than killing and eating a cow?

As many as 333 minke whales have been caught by Japan's whaling fleet during its 2015-16 Antarctic expedition. The government has confirmed the latest catch and the return of the fleet. According to Japan's Institute of Cetacean Research, the capture includes pregnant females as well. Tokyo defends the practice by saying the whaling is for scientific research purposes. But environmentalists have been furious that almost all of the captured whales end up on diners' plates.

They had to go all the way around the globe to find whales, what does that tell you? The Japanese should control themselves. This is about big $$$ though. Human greed. let them eat Spam dammit!!

They had to go all the way around the globe to find whales, what does that tell you? The Japanese should control themselves. This is about big $$$ though. Human greed. let them eat Spam dammit!!

They had to go all the way around the globe to find whales, what does that tell you?

Whales are sneaky?

The same mindset which is OK with torturing and killing animals is the same mindset which is OK with torturing and killing humans.

Without meat eating your ancestors wouldn't have grown bigger brains and survived like they did. You're able to be a preachy vegan/vegetarian on the internet because of your meat eating ancestors that ensured our dominance of the animal kingdom. Humanity literally wouldn't exist as it does today without meat eating.

They had to go all the way around the globe to find whales, what does that tell you?

Whales are sneaky?

No, it means they have over fished in all the other waters so now they have to go all the way to the Antartic. I dont mind them doing some whaleing, but they have a tendency to over do it. Theres a lot of whales now in those regions but it used to be said for everywhere else too. Im sure there was a time when no one thought these other species of whales would be endangered either.

Forum List

Back