Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Japan Extends Its Military Presence in Iraq

By Anthony Faiola and Sachiko Sakamaki
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, December 9, 2004; 6:47 AM

TOKYO, Dec 9 - Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's cabinet agreed Thursday to extend the deployment of Japan's 600 noncombat troops in Iraq for up to one year despite widespread public opposition and condemnations by political opponents.

The mission, Japan's largest military-related operation since World War II, is part of what many experts view as a re-emergence of Japan's armed forces on the world stage.

The extension came one day before Japan is set to unveil a new national defense strategy document that will call for closer strategic ties with the United States as well as new enhancements in training and transport capabilities for future deployments of its forces abroad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50633-2004Dec9.html

Kick ass! one more for the side of truth, justice and the human way!

What I see in this post...History...12/07/41

Zhukov said:
...The extension came one day before Japan is set to unveil a new national defense strategy document that will call for closer strategic ties with the United States...
Who'd a thunk it?
Amazing what 63 years can do, ain't it!

The world community did not think that the Japanese were capable of becoming a member of the world community prior to the end of WWII.

Do you think there really is hope for Afghanistan and Iraq?

Fmr jarhead said:
The world community did not think that the Japanese were capable of becoming a member of the world community prior to the end of WWII.

Do you think there really is hope for Afghanistan and Iraq?

Hope? yes...But, always a but...It will all depend on what the populous wants or will accept.
We're talking about a total change of life...Like taken away my corn bread an tellin me to live without it!
These folks have never known an elected Government...and I hate tofu!

AS I have stated elsewhere....I expect there to be a US presence in Iraq and Afghanistan for at least the next 40 years....

No more Iwakuni...or Subic Bay, as in the past. We will also be shutting down all operational centers in Saudi Arabia, to ease the tension with regard to "infidels in Mecca"

Forum List

Back