Janet Jackson vs CSI

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
A few minutes before this thread was posted, my niece and nephews were "gross out" from watching scenes from a currently running episode of CSI. I admit it was my fault; I was watching the show and they'd snuck in to play with me; because of the playtime, I'd forgotten to change the channel.

This episode contained a scene in which a woman poured urine into a glass, then drank it. Another had an pathologist removing a woman's stomach, then squeezing it of its "juices".

Yet, I do recall the same nephews and neice not running in fear when Janet Jackson's "Wardrobe Malfunction" had taken place during the Super Bowl halftime show.

Any takers on this one?

hylandrdet said:
A few minutes before this thread was posted, my niece and nephews were "gross out" from watching scenes from a currently running episode of CSI. I admit it was my fault; I was watching the show and they'd snuck in to play with me; because of the playtime, I'd forgotten to change the channel.

This episode contained a scene in which a woman poured urine into a glass, then drank it. Another had an pathologist removing a woman's stomach, then squeezing it of its "juices".

Yet, I do recall the same nephews and neice not running in fear when Janet Jackson's "Wardrobe Malfunction" had taken place during the Super Bowl halftime show.

Any takers on this one?

I'm with you on this. I saw an "erectile dysfunction" ad in USAToday the other day and was shocked. Also, I thought it ironic that the "wardrobe malfunction" was what pissed everyone off when it was a Super Bowl sponsored by boner pills.

Zhukov said:
I can't believe that kind of filth is on TV....

....and you watch it.

"Kill your TV."

The FCC's position after the JJ incident was clear; they will not tolerate material that is "disturbing" to children during primetime hours; yet they pick and choose their "targets". That's my point...what's your's?

:scratch:

This is why i dont watch much television. Its not even worth it for adults let alone children.

I agree the whole urine thing made me nearly puke, although taking out of a stomch I had to do that to a small pig in biology in highschool. Wanna try and hide it from them go ahead better off just explaining it. I dunno how to explain the urine part though good luck on that one. Don't kill your TV, I for the most part watch history channel alot, does this make me less inteligent? I think not. I know for a fact a quarter of the information I now know is cause of it. CSI is a good show, dramatized for TV purposes but in its own way informational.

Seriously, where does anyone even find time to watch these stupid things?

I have a 40 hour a week job, Wife and 9 year old girl, a few ongoing house repairs - and my "rebuilding the ancient jeep into something cool" hobby.

Not an impressive schedule, not a type A over acheiver. I post here either between 530 to 700 am or right before bed. And thats about it for "free" time. The only TV I get is when Fox news is on in the background while cooking dinner, or my one scheduled tele-vice :Sunday night HBO from 9 to 11.

I am genuinely amazed that anyone can allot the time to follow these stupid shows. I don't even know what they are when I hear people talking about them like they matter.

SO obviously, my kid never see's any of this crap either. .... except I keep wondering why the tv is set on Cartoon network when I turn it on at dinner making time.

Zhukov said:
I can't believe that kind of filth is on TV....

....and you watch it.

"Kill your TV."
This brand of filth helps to serve a good purpose. Our national interest.
Many of our popular TV shows are broadcast around the globe, into the homes of the world. This is a good thing, it allows for them to get to know us. These shows appeal to some of our more basic instincts, which even add to its primordial appeal.
It allows the U.S. to take the lead in shaping the worlds opinions, culture and trend setting . America benefits by globally increasing its trendy brand of consumerism, this serves our capitalist interest.
An additional domestic benefit is, it helps to dumb down the viewers at home. Do you really want someone who is involved in this kind of entertainment, and having been instructed by Brittany Spears or George Clooney to get out and vote, involved in your political process?

Support American dominance in the world, support U.S. pop culture don't bash it.

fubar said:
Baywatch ?
Believe it or not “Bay Watch” is aired in the Middle East, on their Satellite networks. Imagine that. A region of the world where women are required to cover their faces in public, men can just turn on the tube and see hot blondes prancing in bikinis. We are making progress.

hylandrdet said:
The FCC's position after the JJ incident was clear; they will not tolerate material that is "disturbing" to children during primetime hours; yet they pick and choose their "targets". That's my point...what's your's?

:scratch:

If you can't figure it out, don't worry about it. Go watch TV.

Just like liberal interest groups such as the ACLU, NOW and NAACP, Conservative interest groups can whine in small numbers and get their way ruining it for the rest of us.

In this world its not about being right. ITs about being the loudest complainer.

Forum List

Back