The War on Drugs

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
This so called war on drugs seems to be a losing war. So are we going about this the right way? Take a look at this quote.

"Yet nearly two decades later, a 2003 report by Human Rights Watch found that the United States continues to have the highest rate of incarceration in the world, with more than half of all federal inmates convicted of drug crimes. Of that number, 58 percent have no history of violence or high-level drug dealing." MTV Chose or Lose
http://www.mtv.com/chooseorlose/headlines/news.jhtml?id=1492728

There are more Non-violent drug imprisonment then Murder, Rape, and Assualt combined. Is this a sign where out foucus is. I know there's pleanty of unsolved murders, rapes, and assults in this country. I'm not saying that drugs aren't an important issue, but whats more important? Really sad 1.3 billion dollars are spent every year tryin to keep them out perhaps it time to revert those funds to help prevent the consuption not the production. This war can't fight wallet for wallet the cocaine industry alone is guessed to make 6.5 billion dollars. So sure it's been metioned but I'd like to hear some imput from all of ya. so shoot.

I'd love to see MTV put out of business...Maybe we should wage a war against wussies? :)

:p:

:D

Perhaps start incarcerating parents of kids who sell drugs? that may help. Bring back God to our schools and our government. Establish Churches who aren't afraid to stand up for biblical truths....

twood be a start.

wolvie20m said:
This so called war on drugs seems to be a losing war. So are we going about this the right way? Take a look at this quote.

"Yet nearly two decades later, a 2003 report by Human Rights Watch found that the United States continues to have the highest rate of incarceration in the world, with more than half of all federal inmates convicted of drug crimes. Of that number, 58 percent have no history of violence or high-level drug dealing." MTV Chose or Lose
http://www.mtv.com/chooseorlose/headlines/news.jhtml?id=1492728

There are more Non-violent drug imprisonment then Murder, Rape, and Assualt combined. Is this a sign where out foucus is. I know there's pleanty of unsolved murders, rapes, and assults in this country. I'm not saying that drugs aren't an important issue, but whats more important? Really sad 1.3 billion dollars are spent every year tryin to keep them out perhaps it time to revert those funds to help prevent the consuption not the production. This war can't fight wallet for wallet the cocaine industry alone is guessed to make 6.5 billion dollars. So sure it's been metioned but I'd like to hear some imput from all of ya. so shoot.

Im sure that not all murders rapes and assaults are commited by drug crazed maniacs. So, I say if a person wants to snort draino or whatever lets give them the right to do it. If they violate you or me under the influence, nail em. Drug use is not an excuse for any kind of anti social behavior. Keeping drugs illegal does prevent, in some cases, the desire or inclination to seek help from addiction and certainly keeps the drug czars rich.

Legalizing marijuana, a drug about as harmful as tobacco (long legal in America) would go a long way in decreasing the "drug users in prison" statistics we always hear about, not to mention it would decrease the number of people who get hoked up with a drug dealer because they're looking for MJ.

gop_jeff said:
Legalizing marijuana, a drug about as harmful as tobacco (long legal in America) would go a long way in decreasing the "drug users in prison" statistics we always hear about, not to mention it would decrease the number of people who get hoked up with a drug dealer because they're looking for MJ.

I agree totally. In many cases, people possessing drugs get more time than a rapist. Let's see, if you have a kid which would you rather have them get caught doing?

And more importantly rape is a hideous crime and getting high isn't.

Simple possession shouldn't be an imprisonable offense. Sending someone to jail would probably be far worse for them than any drug could ever be, short of one that killed them (and that's debatable). Also it's a waste of money to send some dope head kid to Criminal School so five years later they come out and rob a store, because they can't get a job being a convicted criminal, and then we spend more money because we have to lock them up again.

On the other hand, people who sell certain drugs like heroin and crack should be shot.

Forum List

Back