James Bond an "impotent drunk"?

As I said, anyone on the internet can claim to be a marine. As a matter of fact, my real name is Tom Highway.

Why the hell would anyone want to be a Marine, oh yeah, low test scores.

LOL Comic relief!

The other zinger to the line is Why the hell would anyone want to be a Marine oh yeah,a prison sentence.
Why do I know a few, my uncle and cousins were Marines, my granddad, Dad,my uncle and myself were Army, my son was Air Force and my step dad and father in law were Navy.

Last edited:
This is what happened...

The discouraged as offensive makes no sense. And there is another idiot agreeing with you. Well, he was a Marine, so he might have an excuse.

So we Marines are "idiots" are we boy? Damn, I'd enjoy dropping you off 40 miles inside a national forest with a knife and a compass. I'd walk out within a day and a half. You'd be found in a pile of bear shit. :lol:

And I would like to put you into a hall of higher learning and watch you stutter and slobber.
Being able to survive in a forest does not take intelligence, just training. Just because you can train a dog to do tricks, does not mean the dog is smart.

Funny how they focus on this and not all the blows Bond received to his head and body from the many fights he's had. That, and the falls, being shot, and other various things.

Bond isn't real. Isn't meant to be real and really is just a fun character.

Ian Fleming knew several in the spycraft business....some were seducers, others so ordinary they were never noticed lurking, others who were sent when the task called for rough stuff...and then there were the assassins. Bond was a collage of those Fleming had run into. The movies were very entertaining but then so were the novels. Fleming could go on for two pages about what was on a dinner table....and made it so detailed you learned things you'd never thought of before. He knew fast cars, firearms, explosives, and women....how could he not be a successful writer? :lol:

And just to be fair, let's juxtapose your image of a current pic of a teenage "less then a man" with a contemporary of the Sean Connery JB...

liberace%20via%20liberace.org_.png

If all we had to go by was self selected pics, one might say Daniel Craig is much more "a man" then therefore society has progressed from the girly man days of liberace to the manly man days of Craig.

See how easy it is to manipulate pics?

In an art class at school we were once told to make a collage from magazine cuttings. Mine was a man standing next to a toilet with Sean Connery's face pasted over his with "not a pretty shite" written in a speech bubble above his head. Needless to say I was fiercely beaten by one of our more masculine school masters.

Funny how they focus on this and not all the blows Bond received to his head and body from the many fights he's had. That, and the falls, being shot, and other various things.

Bond isn't real. Isn't meant to be real and really is just a fun character.

Ian Fleming knew several in the spycraft business....some were seducers, others so ordinary they were never noticed lurking, others who were sent when the task called for rough stuff...and then there were the assassins. Bond was a collage of those Fleming had run into. The movies were very entertaining but then so were the novels. Fleming could go on for two pages about what was on a dinner table....and made it so detailed you learned things you'd never thought of before. He knew fast cars, firearms, explosives, and women....how could he not be a successful writer? :lol:

Never read any of the books, suppose I should as I am a big fan.

Connery was, of course, the definitive Bond for me. I couldn't stand Lazenby. Moore was good in the first few films but got very silly. I didn't really like any of the Bonds until the current one, Daniel Craig, who is a return to the brutal and cunning swagger of Connery.

Looking forward to more Bond pictures..most definitely.

In an art class at school we were once told to make a collage from magazine cuttings. Mine was a man standing next to a toilet with Sean Connery's face pasted over his with "not a pretty shite" written in a speech bubble above his head. Needless to say I was fiercely beaten by one of our more masculine school masters.

:lol:

Connery was, of course, the definitive Bond for me. I couldn't stand Lazenby. Moore was good in the first few films but got very silly. I didn't really like any of the Bonds until the current one, Daniel Craig, who is a return to the brutal and cunning swagger of Connery.

"From Russia With Love" was my favorite....Rosa Kleb trying to kick him with the blade in her shoe...He was blocking her foot with a chair...first time I'd ever seen a man punch a woman in the face in a movie. The whole audience stood and cheered...these days the NOW cows would boycott a movie for that. :lol:

"Oddjob" (Harold Sakata) was my favorite bad guy....the steel brim in his derby was a trip...remember when he beheaded that statue with it? And of course, Bond's Aston Martin with the machine guns and oil spewing ports in the rear he turned on to foil the guys chasing him on motor bikes. :lol:

I never saw anybody but Connery in a Bond movie...perfect casting...nobody else was close.

Last edited:

"From Russia With Love" was my favorite....Rosa Kleb trying to kick him with the blade in her shoe...He was blocking her foot with a chair...first time I'd ever seen a man punch a woman in the face in a movie. The whole audience stood and cheered...these days the NOW cows would boycott a movie for that. :lol:

"Oddjob" (Harold Sakata) was my favorite bad guy....the steel brim in his derby was a trip...remember when he beheaded that statue with it? And of course, Bond's Aston Martin with the machine guns and oil spewing ports in the rear he turned on to foil the guys chasing him on motor bikes. :lol:

I never saw anybody but Connery in a Bond movie...perfect casting...nobody else was close.

From Russia With Love was excellent. That fight between Connery and Shaw was brutal brawling. It looked freakin real. Goldfinger was excellent as well. Still watch the Connery Bond flicks when they pop up. Nothing like them.

And I would like to put you into a hall of higher learning and watch you stutter and slobber.
Being able to survive in a forest does not take intelligence, just training. Just because you can train a dog to do tricks, does not mean the dog is smart.

:lol: So then "training" is what.....rote step by step or innovation? What is more important than survival skills? What might I encounter in a "hall of higher learning" that I didn't learn in MACV RECONDO school? That training ended with a class called "you bet your life".....a 6 man patrol out for 3 days amongst an entire NVA battalion. You ever been shot at? Ever cut a throat? I did Masters work in cinematography.....most dangerous thing I ever ran into there was scrawnly little elitist scrubs like you pretending that "art" snubs it's nose at humor. Looks like you didn't learn shit about much of anything anywhere.

Once again, you what you learned in the Marines could be taught to someone stupid.

What is Masters work? Taking a course/ Carrying a camera for an artist?

Is it hard talkin out your ass with that gerbil crammed up in there? You're confusing (amongst thousands of other things) "stupid" and clever. I doubt you could build a fire with wet wood or build a simple lean-to. The type of education you claim to have has no practical application in a situation in which you could die....so what do you know? You'd just sit there and shiver, cursing your "smart" phone for getting no signal. :lol:

From Russia With Love was excellent. That fight between Connery and Shaw was brutal brawling. It looked freakin real. Goldfinger was excellent as well. Still watch the Connery Bond flicks when they pop up. Nothing like them.

That fight was perfect....no room for anything fancy like in real life...just grab the other guy and try to kill him any way you can...they were so evenly matched and trained, no way it could be over fast....I'm recalling some of that now.....and one of the reasons it's my favorite Bond....the whole thing was gritty...not stylized like the next ones became.

Forum List

Back