James Bond an "impotent drunk"?

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Some medical journal has decided to trash yet another icon, James Bond 007. Incidentally, the "00" Ian Fleming wrote about was a directive from the Prime Minister which gave certain HMS agents the license to kill when it served the Crown. Hardly something you'd give to a man who's shaky hands were the reason his martini was "shaken not stirred". And proving once again the left has not only declared war on Christmas, but white men in general although most of them are white men...well, gay men. :eusa_hand:

1129299607_8477.jpg

What the medical journal missed is that Bond drank VODKA martinis. I'm not a martini drinker so I had to find what the difference is between the gin and vermouth martini and Bond's favorite, minus the vermouth (I think). :confused:

There are three main differences between a martini (or a vodka martini) which has been stirred and one which has been shaken. First, a shaken martini is usually colder than one stirred, since the ice has had a chance to swish around the drink more. Second, shaking a martini dissolves air into the mix; this is the "bruising" of the gin you may have heard seasoned martini drinkers complain about--it makes a martini taste too "sharp." Third, a shaken martini will more completely dissolve the vermouth, giving a less oily mouth feel to the drink.

The Straight Dope: Why did James Bond want his martinis shaken, not stirred?

As to the "impotent" part, I have no idea how they came up with that other than if you can say that about BOND, well, you'd have no idea who "Pussy Galore" is nor would you care. :lol:

Last edited:
I think you're being over sensitive about this. For one thing, a man who is totally assured of his own masculinity, such as the fictional Bond, would not be fazed by something like this. He would just laugh it off. Capisce?

• Banned

The discouraged as offensive makes no sense. And there is another idiot agreeing with you. Well, he was a Marine, so he might have an excuse.

So we Marines are "idiots" are we boy? Damn, I'd enjoy dropping you off 40 miles inside a national forest with a knife and a compass. I'd walk out within a day and a half. You'd be found in a pile of bear shit. :lol:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Funny how they focus on this and not all the blows Bond received to his head and body from the many fights he's had. That, and the falls, being shot, and other various things.

Bond isn't real. Isn't meant to be real and really is just a fun character.

This is what happened...

The discouraged as offensive makes no sense. And there is another idiot agreeing with you. Well, he was a Marine, so he might have an excuse.

So we Marines are "idiots" are we boy? Damn, I'd enjoy dropping you off 40 miles inside a national forest with a knife and a compass. I'd walk out within a day and a half. You'd be found in a pile of bear shit. :lol:

Nothing hurts a liberal worse than the truth, bro, and when all they can come up with to respond is nothing more than half witted verbal garbage, you've already won.

It was suggested by some that even an experienced martini drinker could not tell the difference between a stirred martini and a shaken one.

The entire article is about a drink made from alcohol that has a most repulsive taste.
Is this an attack upon the so called real men of alcohol on the right?
Or just another attempt to build a mountain out of a troll hill?

It was suggested by some that even an experienced martini drinker could not tell the difference between a stirred martini and a shaken one.

The entire article is about a drink made from alcohol that has a most repulsive taste.
Is this an attack upon the so called real men of alcohol on the right?
Or just another attempt to build a mountain out of a troll hill?

Well how about that buttglow, I agree with you. Vodka is a very disgusting liquor.

Some medical journal has decided to trash yet another icon, James Bond 007. Incidentally, the "00" Ian Fleming wrote about was a directive from the Prime Minister which gave certain HMS agents the license to kill when it served the Crown. Hardly something you'd give to a man who's shaky hands were the reason his martini was "shaken not stirred". And proving once again the left has not only declared war on Christmas, but white men in general although most of them are white men...well, gay men. :eusa_hand:

1129299607_8477.jpg

What the medical journal missed is that Bond drank VODKA martinis. I'm not a martini drinker so I had to find what the difference is between the gin and vermouth martini and Bond's favorite, minus the vermouth (I think). :confused:

There are three main differences between a martini (or a vodka martini) which has been stirred and one which has been shaken. First, a shaken martini is usually colder than one stirred, since the ice has had a chance to swish around the drink more. Second, shaking a martini dissolves air into the mix; this is the "bruising" of the gin you may have heard seasoned martini drinkers complain about--it makes a martini taste too "sharp." Third, a shaken martini will more completely dissolve the vermouth, giving a less oily mouth feel to the drink.

The Straight Dope: Why did James Bond want his martinis shaken, not stirred?

As to the "impotent" part, I have no idea how they came up with that other than if you can say that about BOND, well, you'd have no idea who "Pussy Galore" is nor would you care. :lol:

Good lord! what an steaming load of childish nonsense

Forum List

Back