I've had it! Should Gabriella84 be banned?

I've had it! Should Gabriella84 be banned?

• Agree

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Ask the Mod Staff at USMB

Votes: 1,000 25,000.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
I'm 100% for free speech but at some point the line needs to be drawn.

Gabriella84 is a troll...she is a condescending, arrogant and just a plain disrespectful
individual..She contributes nothing here...She is NOT here for chat nor debate just disruption..

I've had enough. I've never said this about anyone before but..She should be banned.

LOL! I've tried that line before, Mr. P...didn't work...

:D

Gee. Tough choice. Even MrsX came back with supporting documentation for his/her/its POV. Gab's nothing but an insulting drain on society.

But it's very good of you to accuse people of cheating on a poll that can't be cheated on...

Shattered said:
But it's very good of you to accuse people of cheating on a poll that can't be cheated on...

It was intended in jest, but if it will make you feel better, I apologize. As for whether a poll can be cheated on, I assume that a moderator can make alterations as I've witnessed personally in a normal thread.

Mr. P said:
I'm 100% for free speech but at some point the line needs to be drawn.

Gabriella84 is a troll...she is a condescending, arrogant and just a plain disrespectful
individual..She contributes nothing here...She is NOT here for chat nor debate just disruption..

I've had enough. I've never said this about anyone before but..She should be banned.

I agree with you completely, but has she done enough to get banned? Being an idiot isn't really enough is it?

Just so people don't think she voted for herself. ;) I will fess up to being the one who voted for Gabby to stay.

I agree with almost all of your points. I just am very hesitant to ban someone for any reason other than outright hostility. (Gabby's stereotyping and generalizations, while annoying, don't count as outright hostlity in my opinion, I'm talking about threatening or patently offensive speech...she hasnt crossed that line.)

One of the things I find most hysterical about Democratic Underground is the speed in which they ban someone with any sort of dissenting opinion. Now I will be the first to admit that Gabriella has been here far, far longer than anyone who disagreed with the majority would have lasted at DU...however, I don't want this board to become similar to DU in that way.

I'm only one vote...I won't mope if I am outnumbered. Just wanted to make sure that the one vote (so far) not to ban Gabby was explained.

Suggestions as to who should or shouldn't be banned should be directed to the mod staff, with reference to an action which violates the rules. Bannings are not subject to public opinion, and threads which purport to say as much are not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back