I've been asked...

If you want to do a train ride, do a hobo trip.
Me and some buddies did that about 20 years ago. Got ourselves a couple cans of beans, a few bottles of cheap whiskey and hopped a boxcar. We just let the train take us where ever it was going. We left on a Saturday, and on Monday one of the guys called his girlfriend to come pick us up and take us back home. Good times.

cruise to Alaska.. 7 days,, gets you the inside passage.. or,, go down to san antonio stay in a hotel on the RiverWalk..or.. fly to San Francico.. stay two or three days,, then drive to Sequoia National Forest.. Drive over to Morrow Bay and San Simeon, and then fly back home.. or go to Key West or Charleston South Carolina is a great great city,, same as Savannah Ga. or how about a trip to DC?

cruise to Alaska.. 7 days,, gets you the inside passage.. or,, go down to san antonio stay in a hotel on the RiverWalk..or.. fly to San Francico.. stay two or three days,, then drive to Sequoia National Forest.. Drive over to Morrow Bay and San Simeon, and then fly back home.. or go to Key West or Charleston South Carolina is a great great city,, same as Savannah Ga. or how about a trip to DC?

RiverWalk is supposed to be pretty cool from what I've heard.. Key West I've been to..

Maybe I can see Paula Deen while in Savannah. :eek:

:D

Stay in Cambria if you make that trip. Check out Hearst Castle and go see the elephant seals to.
Or from SF you can go north, Mendocino area has some great wineries.

Stay in Cambria if you make that trip. Check out Hearst Castle and go see the elephant seals to.

*perk* Castles? Now there's something you won't have to drag me kicking and screaming to... :D

banff

banff-moraine-lake.jpg

stay here...

Banff Springs Hotels: Luxury at The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel and Resort

next?
:eusa_whistle:

*perk* Castles? Now there's something you won't have to drag me kicking and screaming to... :D

Hearst castle is pretty cool. It's also close enough to Morro Bay that you can spend a day there as well. Cambria is sort of an old hippie town, fun to wander around down town, check out the art shops and stuff.

Maui or do an all inclusive Sandals vacation in Jamaica....the all inclusive is cool cuz you both get waited on hand and foot....

You won't believe your eyes if you go to Hearst Castle!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HXvwJNojM[/ame]

Last edited:
Have you considered signing up for the Quaker's Immigrant Experience? Or the real thing...fly to Mexico and sneak back over the border. :lol:

I'd go to Paris.

Ok, Hearst castle actually sounds cool as hell.. Best I can tell, the "Experience" tour is anywhere fro9m $250-$375, depending on when, I guess.. That apparently includes the tour, a hotel stay, a lunch, an hour of shopping, transportation from hotel to tour site, etc.

Sounds like I gotta find airfare, put it all together, and book it...

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Ok. So far, we have 2 for Canada, and 1 who wants to see me dead, or at least as white top.. :D
If you are going to go to canada go to Banff or however you spell it in Alberta near Calgary, very beautiful.

We went to Banff and it was nice...Lake Louise. Not much to do but to enjoy the scenery though. I think Canamore is close too if I remember correctly but I wasn't driving.

Me for my 40th...a weekend of golf, full day spa treatment, a nice dinner and of course the beach. Hawaii of course offers all of this but expensive trip. Florida's gulf coast offers all this cheaper, Atlantic City but beach sucks. I guess I would go to Hilton Head *wink*

Ok, Hearst castle actually sounds cool as hell.. Best I can tell, the "Experience" tour is anywhere fro9m $250-$375, depending on when, I guess.. That apparently includes the tour, a hotel stay, a lunch, an hour of shopping, transportation from hotel to tour site, etc.

Hope "the big one" doesn't hit while you're out there...

:evil:

:evil:

Sorry pard... been in 'em. They scare the shit otta me.

...where I want to go, or what I want to see/do for my 40th birthday in Aug.

So...what do I want to see, what do I want to do, and where do I want to go?

Suggestions? I've done the whole drop $2000 in Vegas thing, so don't need to do that...

How about something more along a "spiritual" line?

Go to either Oklahoma or Arizona. If you go to Oklahoma, go to the Native American reservations where they have the Peyote Church, or do the same in Arizona, and take a peyote trip.

Guaranteed to make you look at life in a whole new way. No need to worry about something happening, as the Native Americans who run the show will watch after you. Sweat lodge, peyote trip, the whole nine yards.

And..........since you're turning 40 (which is a significant milestone spiritually in just about every theology and philosophy), it would probably be the most opportune time to do it.

The Peyote Way Church of God » Overview & News

Forum List

Back