It's Times Like These When I Wish D. Trump Was President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Google, May 2, 2012.

1. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808
    A blind-lawyer campaigner of human rights scales a wall and swims a river to escape house arrest. He finally gets to the US embassy, and what does the national that fights wars and disposes dictators in the name of human rights do?

"Chen said he left the embassy only after U.S. officials encouraged him to do so.

"The embassy kept lobbying me to leave and promised to have people stay with me at the hospital," he said. "But this afternoon, as soon as I checked into the hospital room, I noticed they were all gone."

Chinese activist wants to go to U.S. - CNN.com

Made in China is written in blood, and this administration cares more about keeping plastic trinkets and electronics flowing cheaply into the United States than standing by the rhetoric of human rights and freedom that our leaders supposedly believe in.

Getting that man out of the country would not be an act of war. What would the repercussions be? Instead we sell him out so the Secretary of State won't have to do some actual diplomacy, negotiating or defending of American values.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. Desperado

Desperado Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,835
    Seriously, there is nothing I can think of that would make me wish Trump was President!

3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,975
    Is America-Chinese relations worth one person? I feel certain the State Department had their reasons. I'll reserve judgment until further information.

4. Ed Spacer

Ed Spacer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Lakhota you have nooo idea what's going on.
    China's not worth it.