It's Time To Contact The President And Congress

Every one who thinks there should be no compromise on the 2nd Amendment needs to tell the White House and your congress critters directly, NOW!

Here's how to email the White House.

Contact the White House | The White House

Be respectful but firm.

If you don't know how to contact your congressman and senators you can get the information by visiting the following.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

Once again, be respectful but firm.

Please pass this along to your like minded friends and family on social media.

Most Americans want some sort of gun control and after 3 recent mass shootings I doubt you guys can produce the volume of calls that others can.

Most Americans only know sound bites and have no clue what the real issues are or how ineffective current proposals would be. The MSM will never tell the public at large that none of the current proposals would have stopped a single shooter. We need to let our reps know we know the reality of the situation.

Red flag laws could have caught the guy in Dayton and the Giffords shooter. Not too women who have been threatened by former or current spouses that don't hit the newspapers every day. There have been mass shooters under 21 so raising the age may be helpful as well.

Closing background check loopholes and requriing all gun sales public and private to go through the system probably would weed out more people who shouldn't own guns. Also I think the 50 states and the federal government need to get together and come up with a more bullet proof consistent system.

I'd also like to see people associated with hate groups being barred from owning guns. I don't mean right or left, I mean groups that promote or have committed violent acts.

The Dayton shooters mother called the police to ask if her son could own the type rifle he had, she made no mention that she thought he was dangerous. So NO, red flag laws would have done NOTHING.

Red flag laws could be useful if the States would actually protect the due process rights of anyone effected, that means being able to confront your accusers, before a JUDGE takes the weapon/s, none of this anonymous bullshit. Also States need to report prohibited persons to the NICS data base. Hell I have a brother-in-law that was prosecuted for domestic violence with a firearm and he was never reported to NICS by his State.

It's also nice to see you admit you want people prosecuted or denied constitutional rights based on thoughts and opinions. Good job commie.

The Dayton shooter was making hit lists in High School and was suspended over it.

I want people who are members of violent groups not to have guns, yes.

Yep, no psyc eval, no police reports, nothing that would have triggered a red flag law.

Also we already have laws in place for people who commit or conspire to commit violence against people or property. The SPLC has a bogus list of hate groups, exactly who do you want to be the arbiter of your thought crimes and hate groups?

Most Americans want some sort of gun control and after 3 recent mass shootings I doubt you guys can produce the volume of calls that others can.

Most Americans only know sound bites and have no clue what the real issues are or how ineffective current proposals would be. The MSM will never tell the public at large that none of the current proposals would have stopped a single shooter. We need to let our reps know we know the reality of the situation.

Red flag laws could have caught the guy in Dayton and the Giffords shooter. Not too women who have been threatened by former or current spouses that don't hit the newspapers every day. There have been mass shooters under 21 so raising the age may be helpful as well.

Closing background check loopholes and requriing all gun sales public and private to go through the system probably would weed out more people who shouldn't own guns. Also I think the 50 states and the federal government need to get together and come up with a more bullet proof consistent system.

I'd also like to see people associated with hate groups being barred from owning guns. I don't mean right or left, I mean groups that promote or have committed violent acts.

The Dayton shooters mother called the police to ask if her son could own the type rifle he had, she made no mention that she thought he was dangerous. So NO, red flag laws would have done NOTHING.

Red flag laws could be useful if the States would actually protect the due process rights of anyone effected, that means being able to confront your accusers, before a JUDGE takes the weapon/s, none of this anonymous bullshit. Also States need to report prohibited persons to the NICS data base. Hell I have a brother-in-law that was prosecuted for domestic violence with a firearm and he was never reported to NICS by his State.

It's also nice to see you admit you want people prosecuted or denied constitutional rights based on thoughts and opinions. Good job commie.

The Dayton shooter was making hit lists in High School and was suspended over it.

Yep, no psyc eval, no police reports, nothing that would have triggered a red flag law.

Also we already have laws in place for people who commit or conspire to commit violence against people or property. The SPLC has a bogus list of hate groups, exactly who do you want to be the arbiter of your thought crimes and hate groups?

Where'd ya go happy?

Every one who thinks there should be no compromise on the 2nd Amendment needs to tell the White House and your congress critters directly, NOW!

Be respectful but firm.

If you don't know how to contact your congressman and senators you can get the information by visiting the following.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

Applause.

This is the way it’s supposed to work. While I disagree on your premise…you should lobby your representatives on all matters that you feel is important and that they superintend.

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

The guy was expelled from school, there is a record of that and the police were notified. Maybe you should look into this shit before responding.

The Dayton, Ohio, shooter reportedly kept a "rape list" of potential victims

CNN reports that the school notified the police after discovering the list and expelled Betts, but that he was later allowed to return to school.

SPLC? Sure they keep an accurate list of hate groups but I'm not referring to them since they are a private organization. I think if you have a hate group that has murdered people for that hate groups beliefs then I'm pretty cool with restricting their access to guns.

Just like I'm cool with the owner of the Daily Stormer being sued right out of this country.

Be respectful but firm.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

Applause.

This is the way it’s supposed to work. While I disagree on your premise…you should lobby your representatives on all matters that you feel is important and that they superintend.

Thanks for not poopooing the effort.

All of my Congressional reps, both Senate and House, are Democrats. They refuse to represent any of my views.

Contact them anyway, they need a reality check. It's all about numbers.

That's true of the Republicans in Congress, the Democrats have principles.

The D's support the people, the R's support the gun industry.

Be respectful but firm.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous.

As long as Congress enacts measures consistent with Second Amendment case law, including an AWB, the Second Amendment has not been "compromised."

case law doesnt apply to the constitution,,,

its whats been used for decades to subvert it,,,

but you already knew that,,,

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

The guy was expelled from school, there is a record of that and the police were notified. Maybe you should look into this shit before responding.

CNN reports that the school notified the police after discovering the list and expelled Betts, but that he was later allowed to return to school.

SPLC? Sure they keep an accurate list of hate groups but I'm not referring to them since they are a private organization. I think if you have a hate group that has murdered people for that hate groups beliefs then I'm pretty cool with restricting their access to guns.

Just like I'm cool with the owner of the Daily Stormer being sued right out of this country.

All you article proves is States aren't following existing laws and reporting people who should be prohibited to NICS. What new law has been propose to fix that? More background checks damn sure won't fix it.

Also as I said before, we already have laws that punish people who commit or conspire to commit violence against people or property. Hell ANTIFA is a prefect example that those laws aren't being enforced either. Exactly what new law do you propose to force officials to enforce the law?

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

All you article proves is States aren't following existing laws and reporting people who should be prohibited to NICS. What new law has been propose to fix that? More background checks damn sure won't fix it.

Also as I said before, we already have laws that punish people who commit or conspire to commit violence against people or property. Hell ANTIFA is a prefect example that those laws aren't being enforced either. Exactly what new law do you propose to force officials to enforce the law?

Is there a federal red flag law that would require the school to report this and therefore local police to ensure this threat was recorded into a database for gun background checks? I do not believe that is what we have today but am more than willing to watch you try to prove we do. As you know he wasn't charged or found guilty of a crime.

All of my Congressional reps, both Senate and House, are Democrats. They refuse to represent any of my views.

So you call more laws that wouldn't do a damn thing except burden the law abiding, supporting the people? Sounds a bit ass backward to me.

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

Is there a federal red flag law that would require the school to report this and therefore local police to ensure this threat was recorded into a database for gun background checks? I do not believe that is what we have today but am more than willing to watch you try to prove we do. As you know he wasn't charged or found guilty of a crime.

There is nothing to prevent States from passing red flag laws, why do you think everything is a federal responsibility? The fact is you can't force States to report people to NICS, they have to take that upon themselves.

So you call more laws that wouldn't do a damn thing except burden the law abiding, supporting the people? Sounds a bit ass backward to me.

Turn around and consider the dead and life long wounds suffered by innocent victims who lose their inalienable rights to life, liberty and happiness to a monster with a gun.

I know that takes a little bit of empathy, and a small sacrifice to support common sense gun regulations. Keep this in mind:

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

There is nothing to prevent States from passing red flag laws, why do you think everything is a federal responsibility? The fact is you can't force States to report people to NICS, they have to take that upon themselves.

True, but this is Ohio and it would require a federal system to ensure someone trying to get a gun in Virginia didn't threaten his highschool in Ohio.

Be respectful but firm.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

Applause.

I wasn't poopooing. I'm all for burying their offices in cards, letters and phone calls to the point of disruption.

Just pointing out that in my case it will make little difference. The Democrat Senators and Rep are true believers in their cause, citizens be damned.

Turn around and consider the dead and life long wounds suffered by innocent victims who lose their inalienable rights to life, liberty and happiness to a monster with a gun.

I know that takes a little bit of empathy, and a small sacrifice to support common sense gun regulations. Keep this in mind:

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

Kill the monsters, and lock the proto-monsters away forever if necessary.

You will then be assured of their not acquiring a firearm.

Be respectful but firm.

Home | House.gov

U.S. Senate

Applause.

I wasn't poopooing. I'm all for burying their offices in cards, letters and phone calls to the point of disruption.

Just pointing out that in my case it will make little difference. The Democrat Senators and Rep are true believers in their cause, citizens be damned.

I don't think the post you replied to was directed to you. But I agree we need to bury all of them with our point of view.

Where'd ya go happy?

Sorry, I have a life.

True, but this is Ohio and it would require a federal system to ensure someone trying to get a gun in Virginia didn't threaten his highschool in Ohio.

Name one case where that has happened.

Common sense is not a objective term, that's why you commies toss it about so freely. You just love ineffective bumper sticker slogans. Every one of the assholes broke a ton of existing laws. Laws aren't designed to prevent anything, they are designed to deter and punish. You want things that will do nothing but punish people who follow the law, that's un-American.

Forum List

Back