It's Time For Women to Embrace Their Rage

A New Way to Think About Women's Anger

Soraya Chemaly, author of “Rage Becomes Her” joined THINK to explain why we need to rethink the way we think about women’s anger, and how we can use it for social good.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/video/it-s-time-for-women-to-embrace-their-rage-1326343747587?v=raila&
It's time for women to embrace their rage
An interesting note from this short video is that it rightly states that when men express their anger it's seen as valid while women are viewed negatively when we become angry. Terms like "too emotional", "loss of control", etc are used and we are often sanctioned for having expressed even our displeasure let alone anger at certain things. There is indeed a double standard.
True.

I'm all about rage, understand it and use it. I don't need Soraya Chemaly to talk to me like I'm fucking two years old.

Thanks.

I am pretty sure you didn't need someone to tell you that anger is okay, or can be productive if used correctly. I find it quite effective at setting barriers that direct focus on matters of more concern than the recipient is recognizing.

Soraya Chemaly, author of “Rage Becomes Her” joined THINK to explain why we need to rethink the way we think about women’s anger, and how we can use it for social good.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/video/it-s-time-for-women-to-embrace-their-rage-1326343747587?v=raila&
An interesting note from this short video is that it rightly states that when men express their anger it's seen as valid while women are viewed negatively when we become angry. Terms like "too emotional", "loss of control", etc are used and we are often sanctioned for having expressed even our displeasure let alone anger at certain things. There is indeed a double standard.
I remember while in the Navy that on male fitreps (performance assessments) words like "assertive" were used as a positive trait for advancement while on female fitreps words like "aggressive" were used as a negative trait to withhold advancement.

I remember while in the Navy that on male fitreps (performance assessments) words like "assertive" were used as a positive trait for advancement while on female fitreps words like "aggressive" were used as a negative trait to withhold advancement.

Have them replace "assertive" or "aggressive" with "shows initiative", before you sign the performance assessment.

I'm all about rage, understand it and use it. I don't need Soraya Chemaly to talk to me like I'm fucking two years old.

Thanks.

I am pretty sure you didn't need someone to tell you that anger is okay, or can be productive if used correctly. I find it quite effective at setting barriers that direct focus on matters of more concern than the recipient is recognizing.
I didn't. There have been multiple studies on it and it's rehashed 50s, 60s, and 70s. We may as well discuss Virginia Woolfe.

Again. :(
She goin' to edumecate ya'll. She has an extensive background in marketing. She going to 'splain it like you have never heard it before AND tell you how to use it.

better solutions at lower cost; anybody can gossip.

Start here

ellisonn.jpg

Forum List

Back