It's Time For Robo-Umps

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The announcers were conjecturing on whether Laz Dias was a hitter's upm or a pitcher's umpire.

The answer is he should be neither: he should be the baseball rules umpire.

And, assuming he wants to be exactly that......he's not doing a good enough job.

1649531038207.png

We don't pay for 89% accuracy.

If the technologhy is there, let's have 100% accuracy.......you know.....like my threads.

The announcers were conjecturing on whether Laz Dias was a hitter's upm or a pitcher's umpire.

And, assuming he wants to be exactly that......he's not doing a good enough job.

View attachment 628284

If the technologhy is there, let's have 100% accuracy.......you know.....like my threads.

How did we, as a species, even survive before technology? :rolleyes:

Tradition????
But....but....but............ if they had a clue what the word meant, the naysayers would tell you that tradition is anathema. Tradition is now the enemy. Tradition is what helps those of us who respect it to have a solid grip on our healthy self-image. Tradition has meaning that so many have forgotten, alas. Maybe that's why their self-loathing is so profound.

"Tradition".............. ppppfffffftttttttt!!!!!

But....but....but............ if they had a clue what the word meant, the naysayers would tell you that tradition is anathema. Tradition is now the enemy. Tradition is what helps those of us who respect it to have a solid grip on our healthy self-image. Tradition has meaning that so many have forgotten, alas. Maybe that's why their self-loathing is so profound.

"Tradition".............. ppppfffffftttttttt!!!!!

So.....you're on board with robo-umps, too???

Excellent.

BTW.....I'm not in favor of banning the shift as of next year.......
Sweetie, I have such a hard time giving a shit about baseball these days. They killed it when they went political in 2020 -- the last sport to do so. I now live in the Midwest and the nearest sizable town has a AA League team, so I'm hoping to be able to see a few games and resurrect my respect for the game this summer.

View attachment 628284

Your threads are like Greg Maddux pitches and many times they get called as a good strike when it is clearly out there!

I agree on the electronic umps…

It would eliminate huge parts of the game. No more stealing, runners wouldn't even be able to take secondary leads for fear of being back picked. Catchers would be regulated to glorified backstops.

This applies only to the home plate umpire calling balls and strikes.....nothing more.

View attachment 628284

No.

The umps are part of the game.

Bad calls are just part of the game and life in general.

Forum List

Back