It's the Jobs Stupid! Should The President Take The Payroll Tax Cut/Pipeline Deal?

Should the President Take The Payroll Tax Cut/Pipeline Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
perhaps instead of whining like a little bitch about how other people are not giving you the facts you need to make an informed decision, and making assumptions as to what they did or did not research before voicing their own opinions... you might consider researching on your own, so you can be better informed, and voice an opinion, even if it's counter to someone else's?

Just a thought.

Well, shit........I'm fucking tired and I don't feel like it. Is it too much to ask that others have all the facts before they make assertions about an issue?

Are you satisfied with the depth of knowledge expressed in the OP?

So, you're basing your assumption that no one has bothered to research at all before posting an opinion on this subject, entirely upon the OP?

Doesn't really sound fair to me.

That is a fair criticism. Maybe someone did come in with a solid discussion of the issue and I missed it? But I don't think so.

Again, you make the assumption that others are uninformed.

You admitted that you are uninformed, yet you are discussing the issue.

That says more about you than anything you claim about anybody else.

I am NOT discussing the issue. Geez.
Good point.
You are just flinging insults at the people that are.

You are right. You guys have had a really productive discussion of the pipeline issue in this thread. All of the facts have been offered and it is absolutely clear that Obama is SIMPLY a job killer.

Well done. Keep on keepin' on, genius.

Well, shit........I'm fucking tired and I don't feel like it. Is it too much to ask that others have all the facts before they make assertions about an issue?

Are you satisfied with the depth of knowledge expressed in the OP?

So, you're basing your assumption that no one has bothered to research at all before posting an opinion on this subject, entirely upon the OP?

That is a fair criticism. Maybe someone did come in with a solid discussion of the issue and I missed it? But I don't think so.

The point is not if someone gave a solid discussion in your opinion or not.

The point is you're assuming people who have expressed an opinion have not researched.

It seems like since you did not research, you assume no one did, and therefore have taken it upon yourself to tell everyone else their opinion is worthless because they did not research it... again, without knowing if they did or did not.

The fact YOU did not research does not mean NO ONE did.

Good point.

You are right.
Thanks for finally acknowledging it.
You guys have had a really productive discussion of the pipeline issue in this thread. All of the facts have been offered and it is absolutely clear that Obama is SIMPLY a job killer.

Well done. Keep on keepin' on,

Thank you for finally dropping the insults and giving credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Good point.

You are right. You guys have had a really productive discussion of the pipeline issue in this thread. All of the facts have been offered and it is absolutely clear that Obama is SIMPLY a job killer.

now you're just being a dick.

NO ONE has said all the facts have been offered. What we have said is that you're whining that no one has researched the opinions they have offered, when you have no proof that they have not researched.

I know you're not a moron, so I know you understand this. I think you're just being a dick about it... to be a dick about it.

The People just need jobs. They're not interested in the politics and squabbling. This pipeline will provide thousands of jobs for many years to come. So if it's really about the jobs,let's make a deal.

Unfortunately, they need to be interested in it or they might not get the jobs.

You guys are hilarious. Building one pipeline designed to sell us oil and pump even more US dollars overseas is going to save our economy?

Fools.

I really am at a loss.

I am too. I can't really believe that he doesn't realize that we need energy to run this economy and we get energy from oil. Nor can i really believe that he doesn't realize that people want jobs.

The point is not if someone gave a solid discussion in your opinion or not.

The point is you're assuming people who have expressed an opinion have not researched.

It seems like since you did not research, you assume no one did, and therefore have taken it upon yourself to tell everyone else their opinion is worthless because they did not research it... again, without knowing if they did or did not.

The fact YOU did not research does not mean NO ONE did.

True. The fact I did not research does not mean NO ONE did.

I am sure someone did. I'm just waiting for that someone to demonstrate as much in a post here.

Good point.

NO ONE has said all the facts have been offered. What we have said is that you're whining that no one has researched the opinions they have offered, when you have no proof that they have not researched.

I know you're not a moron, so I know you understand this. I think you're just being a dick about it... to be a dick about it.

Well....in THAT post, I was being a dick. Good call. It is known as sarcasm. Does the person I was speaking to deserve anything more?

Well....in THAT post, I was being a dick. Good call. It is known as sarcasm. Does the person I was speaking to deserve anything more?

Yes. Much more.

You do too, but you sabotage yourself.

You pretty much started off with flinging insults, I called you out on that behavior.
It says more about you than it does about me if you think that "deserves" your attitude.

Yes, they do... if you want to be taken seriously and have a real discussion about your opinion on this issue, or any other issue... about the opinions of others on this or any other issue.

If you'd rather not be taken seriously, then your current course of action is appropriate.

Isn't it about the jobs. This pipeline sure would create an awful lot of those 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' no?

Here's the moron's chance to actually create a private sector job--at no cost to the taxpayers--let's see if he does it---:eusa_boohoo:

obama-balloon.jpg

But I think he prefers to do the above picture---:cuckoo:

Private sector job creation would inhibit his ability to grow the size of the Federal Government which is Obama's number ONE goal.

The People just need jobs. They're not interested in the politics and squabbling. This pipeline will provide thousands of jobs for many years to come. So if it's really about the jobs,let's make a deal.

The Ogallala Aquifier is one of the largest fresh water reserves in the world, it spans 8 states, provides 2 million people with drinking water and it supports $20 billion in agriculture. The Keystone XL will run right through it. A spill in the aquifier would devastate the people and the economy for way more years to come than the jobs that the construction would provide. People better make damn sure it's gonna work before they go screwing with the risk.

Yes, they do... if you want to be taken seriously and have a real discussion about your opinion on this issue, or any other issue... about the opinions of others on this or any other issue.

If you'd rather not be taken seriously, then your current course of action is appropriate.

Well........I sure have been schooled by the three of you in this thread. If I am to be taken seriously I must be willing to understand that opinion is all that matters. As long as I do nothing but offer my opinion, very seriously, and pay little attention to facts, I will have a wonderful time here.

Please know this........whenever people come here and spout off with tired talking points that are nothing more than half-truths and partisan rhetoric, I will ask for more. If I don't get it, I will, very intentionally, be anything but serious.

I'm not planning on spending much time investigating this pipeline. I am generally in favor of finding alternative energy sources, but I'm just as keen on doing things that can only be done on US soil by US workers. I've no interest in using this issue as a tool with which to batter the "opposition" in this fucked up game that we play every day. Especially if I have not bothered to consider the arguments of that "opposition" fully.

But.....you all do know that you are being played by the GOP on this, don't you?

NO.

Very few jobs for a very short period of time. The last thing they really want is jobs for us peons. Only reason the pubs/bags tacked it on is they're all in bed with Big Oil.

Stand by your guns Mr. President. Very few people are dumb enough to fall for the pub/bag crap.

Where are the jobs at now then ? And the pipe line still needs to be maintained so there would be lasting employment.

The Ogallala Aquifier is one of the largest fresh water reserves in the world, it spans 8 states, provides 2 million people with drinking water and it supports $20 billion in agriculture. The Keystone XL will run right through it. A spill in the aquifier would devastate the people and the economy for way more years to come than the jobs that the construction would provide. People better make damn sure it's gonna work before they go screwing with the risk.

Are spills commonplace that there is an apparent worry? How many times has a spilled in a pipeline of this sort?

Are spills commonplace that there is an apparent worry? How many times has a spilled in a pipeline of this sort?

The true threat is posed by agriculture as it’s currently practiced on the Great Plains by the farmers themselves, many of whom opposed the pipeline vehemently. The aquifer is being wasted and polluted. Wasted, that is, on corn, a thirsty crop that requires over 20 inches of irrigation water in parts of the Plains. And polluted with pesticides and nitrogen fertilizers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/polluting-the-ogallala-aquifer.html

So there ya have it.

Forum List

Back