It's Pretty Fucking Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

Post a link to the thread and ask poster who agree with your position to report every such post.
That, if your position is representative of general feelings on this forum, should result in bans.
I'll be happy to report unfounded accusations of pedophilia against the living or dead.
The family members rule is generally considered serious.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/356503-poet.html

Most of the posts were deleted. No action taken.

messageboards reflect r/l in many ways....i have been on a number of boards where everyone was close...we had people die.....ones that were expected....cancer and such and then the fast accidental passing of young ones....people perceive and reflect on death in many different ways...sometimes people react out of their own fears......sadly many simply do not know what to say to someone who is hurt and mourning....

my family would have no reason to come on here and tell anyone of my passing or anything else..i have warned people of this...and when i was sick a few years ago and was gone for a while.....no one was told why till i got back....the last time i was in the hospital only a couple of people on here knew....when i pass...my family will not be on the net worried about online remarks....

messageboards reflect r/l in many ways....i have been on a number of boards where everyone was close...we had people die.....ones that were expected....cancer and such and then the fast accidental passing of young ones....people perceive and reflect on death in many different ways...sometimes people react out of their own fears......sadly many simply do not know what to say to someone who is hurt and mourning....

my family would have no reason to come on here and tell anyone of my passing or anything else..i have warned people of this...and when i was sick a few years ago and was gone for a while.....no one was told why till i got back....the last time i was in the hospital only a couple of people on here knew....when i pass...my family will not be on the net worried about online remarks....

Sadly, the friendships we make on these forums will not be seen by those in our "real" lives. This is why a death is often unreported here. The person simply stops coming in.

Also, for every member of a forum I have known to die, there have been far more who faked their deaths for attention. This may be part of the reason some respond badly.

All Howey did was announce the death of his friend and told us because some here knew him. Because some here don't like Howey and didn't like Poet, they said some nasty things you can see in the link. Many were deleted, some were quoted. I guess nothing should shock me here any more. Sorry it happened Howey.

Poet could be a nice guy. He could also be an antagonistic little prick.

I am sorry to hear that he died, and wish the trolls would leave that thread alone. But at the same time, I think Poet trolled a few threads concerning people's deaths.

I believe it was that he was trolling people who had terminal illnesses. If he also trolled the memorial threads that is something he should not have done also. I agree. However!!

Can God forgive that? Of course he can. No one here knows if he repented or not so let's not judge the man in his death. His family and loved ones are left behind and we should all pray God comforts them. As others have said he was handsome we know he died way too early. WAY, WAY TOO EARLY. It's a terrible thing to hear of his death. It makes me sick.

When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

Post a link to the thread and ask poster who agree with your position to report every such post.
That, if your position is representative of general feelings on this forum, should result in bans.
I'll be happy to report unfounded accusations of pedophilia against the living or dead.

So what? He is dead, no one can harm him.

You're just pissed that you're buddy wasn't loved by all and took the comments personally. Now you're a tough guy going for bans.

You're just pissed that you're buddy wasn't loved by all and took the comments personally. Now you're a tough guy going for bans.

Pathetic.
The guy died, regardless of your opinion of him, there's no need to speak ill of him, simply stay silent if you didn't like him.

Attack those who are capable of reply, not going for cowardly attacks on those who can't.

Pathetic.
The guy died, regardless of your opinion of him, there's no need to speak ill of him, simply stay silent if you didn't like him.

Attack those who are capable of reply, not going for cowardly attacks on those who can't.

Grow up. I did stay silent on the other thread

I didn't attack anyone. I pointed out this thread is about Howey being a baby because his friend was not loved by all. Who is?

Just because someone passes away does not make them suddenly worthy of the admiration of those they didn't like and visa versa. Only a fool wouldnt expect what he got from here. Now the poor grieving internet tough guy can add meanie heads to all the homophobes he's at war with.

Last edited:

Talking about the dead besmirches their memory and also hurts those who are mourning them. You are deliberately inflicting pain on peole who knew him and who did like him.People of good will do not do this kind of stuff, even to people they may have despised in life.

There are some people here whose writings I despise, but were they do die, I would never talk about them this way, ever. Not even once. Never have, never will.

Pathetic.

I didn't attack anyone. I pointed out this thread is about Howey being a baby because his friend was not loved by all. Who is?

Just because someone passes away does not make them suddenly worthy of the admiration of those they didn't like and visa versa. Only a fool wouldnt expect what he got from here. Now the poor grieving internet tough guy can add meanie heads to all the homophobes he's at war with.

No, actually, all you are doing is trolling to try to inflict more pain. It makes you look cheap. What a shame, especially for a person as smart as you quite obviously are.

Pathetic.

No, actually, all you are doing is trolling to try to inflict more pain. It makes you look cheap. What a shame, especially for a person as smart as you quite obviously are.

Your post before this started out right, then you went all holier than thou.

This one is just another one of those " look at me" posts you're kinda know for ;)

Your post before this started out right, then you went all holier than thou.

This one is just another one of those " look at me" posts you're kinda know for ;)

Actually, no. But if that is the best argument you can muster, well, then, ok.... :eusa_whistle:

I'm sincerely sorry for the loss of your friend. And I thought he was a nice person. Actually, I had spoken to him offline, away from this cesspool a few times as we had a mutual interest in music producing. May he rest in peace.

Lastly, as for the scum who made unkind comments about his passing, take comfort in the fact that there is no expiration date on Karma...their day will come.

Well said

I've been here a long time, and I do recall a 'poet' here. I don't give a damn if he passed away or not, we're all gonna die. I didn't know him personally so he's irrelevant. But if his death is real, then may he RIP.

I do know one thing for sure though, this fucking Howey twit is one colossal, flaming, drama queen.

Last edited:

Consider the source. Racists did not like Poet, and will be hateful no matter what.

its to bad about his death but the guy called me a racist just because i disagreed with him on the President....and this was my first encounter with the guy....all i did was disagree with him....and bingo im a racist and on his ignore list.....he was not a very friendly person....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back