It's Pretty Fucking Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

You should have done the thread in the Lounge. No flaming allowed in there.

With that said, it is also a shame that some people are just flat out rotten.

I know it was, Howey, but Poet was not the most popular poster here. You shoulda known what would happen. Here at usmb, there are some really rotten mean people. Whether he was liked or hated, he was loved by friends and family and this is just a message board. Still, he was a member here and some appreciated his posts..and now he is deceased and if someone can't say something nice they should keep their mouths shut. Which is why it should have been done in the Lounge.

I know it was, Howey, but Poet was not the most popular poster here. You shoulda known what would happen. Here at usmb, there are some really rotten mean people. Whether he was liked or hated, he was loved by friends and family and this is just a message board. Still, he was a member here and some appreciated his posts..and now he is deceased and if someone can't say something nice they should keep their mouths shut. Which is why it should have been done in the Lounge.

Poet was an intelligent, articulate and well respected man who fought for the gay and poor communities of Houston with his words and actions.

He was demonstrably more a man than 90% of the trolls who were jealous of him here and elsewhere.

And very handsome too.

Well Howey..maybe so. But he hated my guts because I am white, female and straight. He slapped me on ignore because I asked him a question but I don't remember what it was. I was being friendly, too. He more or less said I was not worthy to speak to him and BAM! On iggie I went.
Still, I didn't hate him. And I am sorry you lost your friend.

When a thread in Announcements notifying USMB members of the death of one of our own, liked or not, results in that thread being hijacked by trolls who have nothing better to do than stalk, make pedophilia accusations, and insult family members. And then closed.

Even sadder is the fact that, although all of the above are rule violations, not a single ban resulted. (Until now, probably).

Consider the source. Racists did not like Poet, and will be hateful no matter what.

Poet was before my time, but I and my family live a culture of life and are saddened when another human leaves this realm. So, RIP Poet.

It's always saddening when a community loses a member, regardless whether he was loved or less loved.

I saw the thread when I woke up this morning and don't know how many posts were deleted, but some were quoted before they were deleted, and I saw that. What a shame that people would stoop so low.

It's one thing to flame someone when they are alive. It's something different to flame that person in death.

Poet could be a nice guy. He could also be an antagonistic little prick.

I am sorry to hear that he died, and wish the trolls would leave that thread alone. But at the same time, I think Poet trolled a few threads concerning people's deaths.

I'm sincerely sorry for the loss of your friend. And I thought he was a nice person. Actually, I had spoken to him offline, away from this cesspool a few times as we had a mutual interest in music producing. May he rest in peace.

Lastly, as for the scum who made unkind comments about his passing, take comfort in the fact that there is no expiration date on Karma...their day will come.

Last edited:

Post a link to the thread and ask poster who agree with your position to report every such post.
That, if your position is representative of general feelings on this forum, should result in bans.
I'll be happy to report unfounded accusations of pedophilia against the living or dead.
The family members rule is generally considered serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back